Quantcast DDP Corruption

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDP Corruption

Too far, 1000 miles (18 hours) from port orleans riverside
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face DDP Corruption

Hey... I was just wondering if i was the only one to notice that Disney has completely ruined the dining plan. This may have ruined my upcoming Disney trips for some time. Does anyone have anything to add on to this.
    Become What You Wish The World To Be

RIP VMK: Mysteriochao 2006-2008

1998 Port orleans riverside
    1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2008-2009 (dec 28 - jan 07) POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean Disney ruined the plan? And how is it ruining your trips?

We don't get the DP so it really doesn't have any impact on our vacation. I do find the menus are now lacking variety, quality and quantity which I think is part dining plan and part economy and part Disney maximizing their profit.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    What do you mean Disney ruined the plan? And how is it ruining your trips?

We don't get the DP so it really doesn't have any impact on our vacation. I do find the menus are now lacking variety, quality and quantity which I think is part dining plan and part economy and part Disney maximizing their profit.
    They have comepletly changed it, I guess disney found out they were losing out by giving such good deals...But the DDP is usually where my family would have money to save to afford the trip...
    Basically they changed the dining plan so that your basically paying a $80 Meal for 2 snacks.
    Somethings wrong

1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned

Post Thanks / Like

They changed it a couple of years ago when they removed appetizers and tip, but other than that there's been no recent change. No impact on my trip. We just don't get it and pay OOP for our food.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    They changed it a couple of years ago when they removed appetizers and tip, but other than that there's been no recent change. No impact on my trip. We just don't get it and pay OOP for our food.
    I went October last year and we had no trouble? My family has been planning lately and im pretty sure it changed.?

A post on another board talked about a loophole:

YOU FOUND A Loopole ( I CANT SPELL FOR ANYTHING) PLEASE TELL ME YOUR SECRET :P
    Last edited by chaodj9; 06-27-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Found more arguement support

1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned

Post Thanks / Like

That link that you posted is talking about the DELUXE dining plan. The regular dining plan is still between $42 and $46 depending on when you go.

DELUXE is $71.99 per adult ($20.99 per child) and includes:

-- THREE MEALS -- Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service and quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

-- 1 adult table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. 1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

-- 1 quick-service meal includes 1 entree or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available).

-- 2 Snacks -- e.g. 1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

-- 1 Resort-refillable drink mug per person -- The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan also includes a refillable Resort mug for each Guest. Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!

BASIC dining is $41.99 per adult ($11.99 per child) and includes:

--One table-service meal (including entree and dessert (lunch or dinner only), or full buffet, 1 juice (breakfast only), non-alcoholic beverage; dessert not available at breakfast). 1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

--One counter service (quick service) meal (including entree/combo meal, dessert, one juice (breakfast only) and non-alcoholic beverage; dessert not available at breakfast)

--One snack (e.g. a frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle, or fruit bar, popcorn scoop, single piece of whole fruit, single serving grab bag of chips, 20 oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani Water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12 oz. coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea.)
    Last edited by ElenitaB; 06-28-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Removed reference to AllEars.net
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that you can directly blame the DDP for ruining the menu offerings at WDW. Restaurants, especially higher end/expensive ones have been hit very hard by the recession, and I would wager that includes the restaurants at WDW. Instead of closing the restaurants there, though, they probably are and have been going through changes to keep them profitable.

The DDP has been around for a while, but the free DDP is only three or four years old. That started around the time the recession began. That's also about when Disney started making menu changes, and according to some, the quality started going down. We've been 8 or 9 times since 2003, and except for the first time, we've gotten the DDP every time. Our family hasn't noticed a drop in quality. That's purely an opinion, either way you look at it. But the menu changes for sure have happened.

In any case, It's possible that the DDP is the root of all evil, but I am not so sure that it's not just the economy and WDW trying to keep the restaurants open.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I have booked the regular DP for August next year and have been advised by my TA that desserts have now been excluded. A counter or table meal will now be 1 entree and 1 soft drink only
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, how accurate is the previous post with info from TA?
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like

They (Travellers across the pond) have been saying it for a while now. It's a rumor, but I think it's got better than a 50/50 shot at being true.

This part is true... There WON'T be two dining plans, one for foreign guests, and one for us American's. And, I think this follows along with all the "complaints" about there being too much food on the dining plan.

Too much food you say? We can fix that, take away the dessert!

If/when implemented, it will probably be tied to another $1 reduction in the cost of the DDP and billed on how it's never been cheaper to be on the dining plan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
    I have booked the regular DP for August next year and have been advised by my TA that desserts have now been excluded. A counter or table meal will now be 1 entree and 1 soft drink only
    I think I read the desserts were going to be excluded from the CS meals, not the TS meals. I'm not too sure though.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Will this take effect on those that already booked with the plan the way it currently is?
    DisneyMomx2 (aka Jen)
    Proud Mommy to
    Amanda and Alyssa.
    "Been there, done that, GOIN BACK!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMomx2 View Post
    Will this take effect on those that already booked with the plan the way it currently is?
    No. The changes listed above are rumored for 2011, which can't yet be booked. No changes for 2010.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMomx2 View Post
    Last time the plan changed, it took effect on a certain date (Jan 1). There was no consideration on when the plan was booked. It's easier to patrol that way, otherwise people would be complaining/scamming trying to get something that someone else got, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

If they drop the dessert in 2011, we'll drop the dining plan. It just won't seem worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marymouse2003 View Post
    Hey guys, how accurate is the previous post with info from TA?
    I have it in writing from my TA for my already booked holiday in August 2011 that neither CS nor TS will have dessert. It is also in several brochures that have been released here in the UK.

Not happy about it but I am not going to let it ruin my holiday.
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

After they dropped the appetizer and gratuity from the DDP I stopped considering it. It just didn't save us money that way.

Honestly I find paying OOP to be the best economical way to dine in WDW. We have APs this year so the Tables In Wonderland card has saved us tons. I think the popularity of the DDP is mostly it's "pay in advance for food ability" more so than having to save and bring tons of money/credit on vacation. I do not care for dessert but rather an appetizer. We are a family of 6 (and travel in a larger group)so automatic gratuity happens either way (with or without TIW).

To help with your hurt feelings over Disney's manipulation of the DDP why not take what you would have paid for the DDP and put it in a savings account with a debit card attached to it? That way you can save the money and in a manner of speaking still pay in advance for your dining but use any extra funds wherever you choose to.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney may be realizing that they are losing money (or at least not make as much as they hoped to.) In reading many of these DDP threads, it is obvious that the people (like me) who know it is not a value for them, are not buying it. Most of the people who are buying it are the people who use it to the full extent, and Disney loses money on that. I predict Disney will continue to tweek it (just like they do with the room discounts,) until they are making money off it, or enough people stop buying it and they discontinue it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We are also a family of 6 and get charged the 18% automatically. We will not be using the dining plan in Nov when we go but eating at a few select dining locations and we are not staying on property. Disney is losing quit a bit on us this year as we will also be visiting Universal for 2 days. I am a bit annoyed at the level of service and meals as well as room options for large families. We can stay off site at the Mystic Dunes for $380/week for a really nice 2 bedroom unit. Even with the $15/day it will be to park it saves us tons!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977