Quantcast Chef Mickeys

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Chef Mickeys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickeys

I am getting worried about something. We have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks at chef mickeys (party of 13). The reservation is for 9:20, and I noticed that the restaurant closes at 9:30. Has anyone had experience with late reservations here? When do the characters stop walking around? When do they start clearing off the buffet?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry! Some of the best character interactions we have ever had were at the end of a sitting. The restaurant starts to empty out, and those left get a LOT of attention! I hope you enjoy your dinner!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

At Christmas we had dinner at Chef Mickey's with 15 of us. We also have had very good experience at Chef Mickey's with the characters late in the day. I don't think they start the clean up of the buffet until everyone is gone. Have fun.
    May 1985-School Trip
    Dec 1989-Family Trip
    Oct 1996-5th Anniverary Trip-POR
    Jan 2001-Westgate Lakes (WL)
    Jan 2002-WL
    Jan 2003-WL
    Jan 2004-Wydham Palms
    Dec 2004-Cypress Pointe (CP)
    Jan 2006-CP
    2007-The Year of the Annnual Pass
    Jan 2007-CP
    June 2007-CP
    Nov 2007-CP
    Dec 2009-CP
    June 2010-CP

Post Thanks / Like

i had the same thing and it was fine! when we got there, the place was still packed, but before long most people had cleared out because they must have been seated much ealier and finishing up when we arrived. we were never made to feel rushed, all of the characters stayed out - in fact they came back around with hardly anyone to visit - and the total buffet was still out. it was a good experience. have fun!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to be the dissenting voice here, but we had different experiences than the PPs. We had at least 2 late-ish ADRs, both probably about 40 minutes before the end of the breakfast. At both places, the CMs began breaking down the buffet before we were finished and our servers seemed quick to bring the check.

Post Thanks / Like

My friends and I had a great experience with a late seating at The Liberty Tree back when it was still a Character Dining location. It was at the end of the day, we were starved. We had seen the characters a couple of times, but the place was basically empty. Chip and Dale came over to our table and took the box that contains the various varieties of tea bags and started to play on it like they were bongo drums. It got a little crazier when Goofy came over and they all started dancing. We got some good pictures. And then Minnie (in her Early American garb) came over and began scolding (in a kidding way) the chipmonks and Goofy for being so silly. It was a great night. I laughed until I was about sick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickeys

I have had many late seatings (actually last seating) at Chef Mickey's. Never had an issue with the spread or character interaction. Many people have told me not to get the last seating anywhere and while I had an issue at another venue while dining at Disney, CM has always been great.

Post Thanks / Like

We never got back to our rooms before 10 p.m. and I could still hear activity coming from CM, so I'd say you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a reservation at the end of breakfast one time and it was terrible. We were rushed, the were breaking down the buffet and they had to track down one of the characters before they left so they could still come to our table. We sat in the entrance area and I did not like that either. I would never eat breakfast there again after that experience! It was a huge waste of a table service credit!!! Dinner may be another story though......
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: