Quantcast Pool Hours @ BCV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pool Hours @ BCV

This is not the most important question in the world, but I'm curios if the pools at Beach Club have particular hours of operation. We'll be staying in the villas, so I'm curios not only about the "closing time" of Stormalong Bay, but also of Dunes Cove.
    I'm sure come a certain time at night the lifeguard is no longer on duty @ Stormalong, but can you still go in the pool?
    Also, in our past stays, I feel like often the signs will say that the pool closes at a certain time, but we'll see people in it WAY after hours. I know we've encountered this @ AKL & WL. Are those people 'breaking the rules' or is it ok to go in the pool after hours as long as you understand that there is no longer a lifeguard on duty???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I could swear I heard the CM at check-in @ AKLV say that the pool was open 24/7... Not sure how the slide works into that, but I've been there much past the times the lifeguards announced to everyone that they were leaving and no lifeguard would be on duty.

Post Thanks / Like

I was curious after reading your question - although I've stayed there before, I guess we've never been in the pool late

I found info on the internet that stated that the quiet pool is open 24/7 and StormAlong Bay has seasonal hours that vary: 10am to 6pm; and 9am to 10pm were two examples.

also, keep in mind that they have a temperature policy! They closed the pool on the last (warmest) day of our trip last Feb. I really can't recall what they said, I believe the policy was below 60 degrees but it warmed up to at least 65 !!!
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I could swear I heard the CM at check-in @ AKLV say that the pool was open 24/7...
    Perhaps so. We had a very similar encounter @ the Swan, we were told @ check-in that the pool aws 24/7, but then there was a sign by the pool stating the pool hours, so we were confused!
    I don't think were wer ever told one way or another @ AKL, but I did notice a sign with pool hours... maybe I'm misreading the signs! Maybe they say in fine print at the bottom that you're "swimming @ your own risk after these hours" or something like that???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jillirose View Post
    I found info on the internet that stated that the quiet pool is open 24/7 and StormAlong Bay has seasonal hours that vary: 10am to 6pm; and 9am to 10pm were two examples.
    Great, thanks! Just as long as one is open 24/7 at least we'll have some option if we desire to swim @ 3am

Quote Originally Posted by Jillirose View Post
    also, keep in mind that they have a temperature policy! They closed the pool on the last (warmest) day of our trip last Feb. I really can't recall what they said, I believe the policy was below 60 degrees but it warmed up to at least 65 !!!
    YIKES! Wow, I don't blame them, haha, I don't think I'd get in a pool if the outdoor temp was below like 75... haha let alone 60!!!
    Our trip happens to be in the DEAD of Aug, haha, so this won't be a concern for me

Post Thanks / Like

Jillirose is correct-- Stormalong Bay has specific hours. The two quiet pools are supposedly open 24/7. The sign on the hot tub says it closes at midnight but I don't think there are any employees enforcing that either. We were just there last week and the temperature in the pools was perfect.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

At BCV the storm along closes at the time posted and the gates are locked...all the quiet pools at the YC and BCV have hot tubs and pools that are open 24/7 at your own risk and zero noise levels. I know there were signs at the CSR that closed the quiet pools, but not at the FQ, POR, Or CBR...and I've swam at all the values after midnight...I like a quick dip before bed..yep, even in less than 50 degree weather on Xmas at the FQ. I'm on vaca and want to enjoy myself...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: