Quantcast Anyone take their "last trip"? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to never take a last trip. Our first few were going to be the last ones but as you can see by my signature line, that's a laugh. Since we've since bought into DVC, even my wife who is a homebody admits we will be going for years.

On a related note, my wife also points out that I've attended four "once in a lifetime" Paul McCartney concerts.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The thought never entered my mind
    " YO HO YO HO "

Post Thanks / Like

Last Trip... Disney...

Those words. Is it possible to use them in a sentence together like that?

"When you look under the rocks & plants and take a glance at the fancy ants - and maybe try a few..."

Post Thanks / Like

Our 25th Anniversary trip for DW and I was last Aug. We didn't expect to get back there until late 2012. (DS and DD were planning weddings 1 year apart.) DS wedding was canceled. (blessing in disguise) With the $ that we didn't have to spend on DS wedding we decided to take another trip.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

There was a time where I thought outloud... man, we need to take a break from Disney for a while after going for 5 years straight... another 5 years later I finally gave into the idea that there will always be trips every year, so we bought into DVC
    SorcererJim

Post Thanks / Like

My "last trip" is always followed by my "next trip"...no exceptions, ever! Only 116 days to go
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I went in Feb and knew I wouldn't be taking another trip until 2011 for my 40th b-day. UNTIL they announced they were bringing back the Main Street Electrical Parade just for the summer. Since it holds a very special place in my heart I'm headed back in 12 days! LOL
    So no, I guess I'll never say that was my last trip.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as I am only 21 years old, I don't think I can even envision a point in my life that I would be able to think about my last trip.

There can't be such a thing... no way... I'm keeping these for life..

Post Thanks / Like

My wonderful husband has only one quirk: he doesn't like vacations that much. He is one of those go to Disney for 2 nights, hit one park and leave happy before you get overwhelmed. I love him more than my next breath, truly -- but that was KILLIN' me!!! LOL

So, last month, he sent me, the kids and my mom to WDW for a week. I got to soak it all up, take my good sweet time and revel in all things Disney. I realized that as much as he is a homebody, I have sort of, kind of, totally dominated the vacation destination the last 17 years of marriage, and maybe there are other places in the world he would like to see.

So, I told him if I took this good long trip, i would not whine about going to WDW for a while (no exact time limit -- LOL) and would actually let him pick somewhere else he would like to go for the next year or two.

That being said, I hope to be back to see the new Fantasyland in 2013, but it BREAKS my heart to imagine waiting that long!!!!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Whoever said there would be a last trip to
    WDW......not me!!!! I will be going as long as
    my legs will take me. I was just there in May
    and I am going back in October. Twice a year
    at least for me!

Post Thanks / Like

If I ever have a "last trip" it will be because it was totally out of my control! LOL Last Trip? - NEVER
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

WDW opened the year I was born and as a kid my parents took me every year, then they bought a motorhome and annual passes and then it was sometimes once a month with a 2 week trip in July for the 4th and a 10 day trip over New Year's. Now that I have a family of my own the thought of missing our two annual trips a year will not be heard in our house. My wife and I were engaged at WDW and my three boys love it as much as I do! No last trips for us
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

There have been times when we return from WDW and say
    "Ok, time to try something else. No WDW next year."
    Yet, we always seem to end up back in WDW . We've been saying this for a while now and to some extend we have tried other things. We've taken Disney Cruises the last couple of years, but that still included nearly a week in WDW both times. We just can't seem to shake the WDW bug....

We have a 7 nt Disney Cruise in October and only ONE day at WDW. We highly recommend a Disney Cruise as an alternative to WDW. Its new and exciting but still has plenty of "Disney Magic".
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

My last trip was last year, unfortunantly my family has decided they dont really care for disney as much as they use to so theyre not interested in going anymore.I really miss the disney magic and all the warm fuzzy feelings i get and its worse being that i live only an hour away. Im hoping to get some of my friends hooked and revisit my favorite place in the world
    Married my prince charming Nov 10, 2013!!
    Nov '13 honeymoon trip at AoA
    Sept '14 Upcoming trip at AoA

Many trips since '85
    Addicted to Pixie Dust since Birth!
    Tomorrow Is Just a Dream Away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Posterchild View Post
    Our kids are 12 & 15 now, and we know its also going to be some of our last trips with them while they are still kids.
    These are the type of things we find ourselves saying. With the kids growing up, it's always the last something. In 2007, we had our last trip of 5, oldest DD is now serving in the Army in Afghanistan. March '08 was our last trip paying for youngest DD as a child. This past October was the last chance for DS to see MNSSHP before high school. We knew he would never get away during football season. Knowing things like this before the trip make us appreciate the time even more.
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

My dad often reminds my sister and I how we could COMPLAIN that we were going to Disney AGAIN; that we were bored and hated going. Then in 1996 we went twice in one year and in '98 & '99 took sister trips.

Now my parents bought into the DVC and we are taking our own families. DH and I tried to plan a trip OTHER THAN DISNEY and as DVC members, this is the CHEAPEST vacation we can take. Even road trips to Rhode Island or Massachusetts cost more than a plane ticket to WDW.

People ask me WHY DISNEY? I say it is my HOME away from home. Now I will be venturing to WDW with my twins and the rest of the family - 9 total. Since the girls are so young, it doesn't count as a Magical Gathering but it will be MAGICAL for me.

Don't think I could ever say LAST trip b/c there is always another around the corner whether it is 6 months or 6 years away.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

right when we get home from a trip i sometimes feel i could go for while without a trip but after 6 or 7 months i am always so ready to go back
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

In Dec. 2006 I told my husband I thought I was in WDW burn out. Well by March 2008 I was planning a trip with my sister to take my two youngest grand daughter. Since then I was back Sept. 2009 and heading back in Oct.2010. We also did a Disney cruise in Feb 2010. Didn't stay burned out long. My Husband tells people the wheels weren't even touching the ground from our flight back after our cruise that my sister and I were planning our trip for Oct.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

Well, not the last trip but I did say last year that we were going every other year...free dining sucked us in again this year!LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if anyone will be reading this being this far down on the list. When we came home this January from WDW, I said that was probably the last trip to FL. With kids growing up (and out of the free admission stage), it too expensive to go cross country when I can drive 6 1/2 hours to Disneyland. With the economy tight and squeezing, plus an addition soon to be here (most of WDW is built for a family of 4), it'll be hard make it work. Plus my wife wants to go to Hawaii for 10th which is in 2012 (thanks Jon and Kate plus Hate). That will dig into any WDW fund. I hope I go back and that's why I keep coming back to Intercot.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: