Quantcast Disneyland Hotel vs. Paradise Pier?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland Hotel vs. Paradise Pier?

Which do you prefer and why? Of the 3 buildings in Disneyland Hotel which has the best views, which building should I request?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Disneyland Hotel because it is a shorter walk to the parks (by just a bit) and I enjoy the grounds (pool area is very relaxing). I like the middle tower (I still think of it as the Sierra Tower and can never remember the new names). You've got a view of the pool if you stay on one side and a view of Downtown Disney on the other. I think our family has stayed in that tower most often.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel 3 or 4 years ago and stayed at Paradise Pier this last weekend. I would have to say it depends on what you are looking for in a hotel. I liked the fact the at the DL Hotel, the sink is not in the room with the toilet and shower (which can help getting ready in the morning go faster). I also felt it to be a little more Disney looking at the DL Hotel.

However, the staff was wonderful at PP, and that made it feel very Disney. We reserved a standard view room and when we got there they upgraded us to an upper level theme park view at no charge! That night they did turn down service (we didn't even request it ) and they left us 3 Mickey shaped rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate (and there were 3 of us)! So those little perks were great! My sister forgot her toothbrush and I called downstairs and they brought 2, including toothpaste, up to our room in less than 5 minutes!

To walk to the parks from PP, we would cut through the Grand Californian and made for a quick walk. I feel the location is pretty similar. When I stayed at the DL Hotel, we could open the "balcony" door and look out to our left and see California Adventure. It was the farther building from Downtown Disney, so it was a little longer of a walk. I guess it would also depend on when you are going. Generally the PP is cheaper than the DL Hotel. But occasionally I'll find it the opposite way. They were both fantastic!

I haven't seen the newly renovated rooms at the DL Hotel. We saw them doing a lot of exterior work on one of the buildings when were were there. That might be something to ask about before booking. I'm not sure if they have people staying in the rooms where they are working on the exteriors of the buildings or the interiors for that matter. If felt the walking distance was about the same between the 2 hotels.
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: