Quantcast Buh Bye Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Buh Bye Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buh Bye Disney

I'm sorry but am I the only one upset at the direction of the company lately?

I really don't think so.

1) The non-nostalgic version of World Of Color

2) The demolition of the waterfalls, and the Lost Bar

3) The horrible Halloween decision. The best thing that was offered at last year's celebration is now a pay per view. Really? Really!? (Best Seth and Amy impersonation there!) What is the point to that when I can view it on my computer whenever I feel like it.

Basically all of these things are pointing me in the direction of not renewing my annual pass. Just a personal choice not to support these really horrible decisions.

As fans I feel it necessary to say that we are not pleased and when necessary speak with our wallets.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. Tell the truth.

Is anyone else missing Michael Eisner?
    May all the days of your life be filled with Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately there will always be angry Disney fans when anything changes. I will reserve judgement on World of Color until I actually see it -- but I am sure it will be amazing.

The waterfalls were nice -- but really, how many people walked around and enjoyed them ... the lost bar was a great hang out -- but as EVERYONE has experienced the space wasn't all that user friendly when there was a big convention plus the regular crowds enjoying adult beverages. I will miss the koi pond but never actually went to visit the fish if I wasn't staying in the DLH.

I think that the new plans for the whole area look stunning and I am really looking forward to the changes,
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

We have all been there. I have noticed Disney nickle and diming like crazy lately. AP room rates are $50 more this year than last. There is NO AP discount for a Friday night at Mickeys Halloween party (my major gripe right now) and every year you can expect ticket prices and AP prices to rise.
    But as long as people keep showing up and paying the prices (and they will) Disney will keep doing it.
    I hope you start feeling better about Disney.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't say I feel the same.

I do have to address your comment on the "non nostalgia" of the WOC show. What's that about? I'm not sure I follow your point there. In any event, EVERYTHING cannot be about nostalgia and the past. You have to remember that kids and teens today (who will be the adults soon taking their OWN kids to Disney) have no concept of the "nostalgia" that you speak of. To them, Disney and the parks are about what THEY remember as kids too (likely from experiences in the mid 90's to now). Disney HAS to make changes sometimes and move forward, nostalgia be darned sometimes. I see this as a good thing. A "keeping with the times" thing, if you will. If the WOC show is to appeal to the masses, they have to include movies that are well known by the majority. The truth is that not every parent makes their kid watch the Disney "classics". Mine are almost 6 and 4 and have not seen ONE "classic". They simply do not want to. They are not interested. They love the newer movies, and the Pixar stuff. And that's okay. They still love DLR, even though they don't "get" all the themeing.

In any case, I happen to believe that the Disneyland resort excels at maintaining "nostalgia", particularly in the merchandise department. And, the re-do of the DLH seems to be ALL about nostalgia. While you may LOVE those waterfalls and the Lost Bar, the real truth is that these areas are often devoid of people entirely. Lost Bar is not THAT popular year round. In evenings during the summer, and at Holiday time, yes. The rest of the year? Not so much. That's the truth. From the plans and drawings of the DLH refurb, to ME, it seems to be a huge "throwback" to the early days of DL and the DLH.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My point to what I had to say is that I am unhappy with the direction.

That is my opinion.
    Everyone has one.
    I get that.

I guess I will just be spending my time and more importantly money elsewhere.
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

To me nostagia is in your heart and mind, not concrete and steel.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: