Quantcast Random Disney Story

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random Disney Story

So I'm jonesing for a WDW trip, but DH and I have "agreed" (that means he talked me into) waiting until DS is older (turns 3 on Saturday) so he can enjoy it more. Well I've got the kid working for me. Everytime we watch a Disney movie, which is at least 3 times a week if not more, and that opening sequence starts that shows the castle and fireworks etc. DS will yell "Dinney Wold, Dinney Wold" even though he's never been. He's even started asking when he can go (we took DD a year and half ago). DH has a hard time saying no to him so I'm hoping I can have the kid convince him that we need to go now.

I almost thought I had DH on board when they announced the extended dates for kids stay/play free. So close, but no cigar. Okay just wanted to share that with fellow Disney fans.
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Random Disney Story

I believe there is no such thing as too young for Disney. My DD6 has been there 4 times and my DS2 has been there twice. I can not express how much I have enjoyed seeing them change and grow through the different trips. My DD6 remembers so much from the trips and has her own favorites. Plus, honestly, since they are free until they hit 3, I figure, take them while they are free. I would encourage any one of that opinion to give it a shot. You will not regret it. Plus, you gain so many memories of what they are doing. Sure, they may not remember, but you will and that is just as special to me. I hope your husband sees the light.Sorry to ramble.
    Ali and Tyler's Dad
    Pop Century 6/14
    Pop Century 5/12
    Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Rooms) 1/1/11 Free DDP
    Pop Century 10/09 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/08 Free DDP
    All-Star Sports 9/06 Free DDP
    Pop Century 9/05
    All-Star Movies 1/02
    Coronado Springs 8/99
    Off-Site 8/98

Post Thanks / Like

OMG he sounds adorable... and so convincing! Tell him to keep up the good work, I'm sure DH will "break" eventually
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got the perfect cohort in your plan . My youngest son went the first time when he was 8 months old. Guess what his favorite thing was? The fireworks shows.
    PharmD
    Off Property 76,82,92,97,98,99
    ASMov 5/00,1/02,9/03,1/06,12/03,8/08
    ASSports 12/01
    ASMus 3/02,7/02
    PopCe 4/04,5/04,10/05
    PORS 10/06,10/10
    CSR 10/09
    POFQ 11/11
    CB 6/12
    CB 5/13
    Disney Fantasy 10/15

Next Renewal of Magic:
    PopCe 8/16

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I remember doing that with mine, too. We watched the planning video every day I think. We took both kids for the first time when my oldest was 4 1/2 and the little one just turned 3. When we were there though my little one kept asking when are we going to Disney World, we kept explaining we are here! LOL there was a disconnect somewhere- but we all had a great time. Thanks for your story! Brings back memories...
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

awww..too cute!
    hopefully your hubby will break down soon..and you guys can start planning your vacation!
    im aiming to go to disney next winter! our little girl - Cheyenne..will be 2...i CANT wait to go!!!
    GOODLUCK!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: