Quantcast Do they really love it?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do they really love it?

This is in relation to the other post about Disney jobs. I have often wondered if the people who work the rides, lines, stores, hotels, etc... really like their jobs, or is just a job them. I know some people probably do it as a summer job or a temp job.

By the sound of it that the majority really like working there, but how many times can one person say, "Please check your seat for your bag, hats, glases... etc" or on space mountain check all laps belts and press the buttons to send the cars on their way. 2-3 hours max before one goes crazy?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a middle-school teacher. My guess is you can go crazy more quickly by repeating "You need to have a seat and listen to all instructions" every minute or so all day.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I work with someone who drove the trams in the parking lot at AK for a summer job while in college. He said he loved it and it was one of the best experiences he's ever had (and we both work for a very good company now). He is from Costa Rica and his english is flawless, he attributes it to his time at AK. He said he lost 11 lbs. that summer from sweating-we all know how hot it is at AK!
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I vaguely remember reading on the boards here that for those that work the rides, they switch off every hour to do a different job, specifically for that reason, so they don't get bored and therefore get distracted and possibly not run the ride properly. Seemed like a good idea to me, as mentioned, it would get really old very quickly!
    ºOº Dianne ºOº

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
    I'm a middle-school teacher. My guess is you can go crazy more quickly by repeating "You need to have a seat and listen to all instructions" every minute or so all day.
    I totally sympathize (I'm a middle school teacher, too), but I feel like it is easier when the kids (and adults) actually WANT to be there than it is in school.

I have known CMs who loved and others who hated their jobs. I think the reality is: the hours are tough, the pay is minimal, it is hot and humid and it is hard to portray the "happiest place on earth attitude" when you do the same thing over and over again.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I once had a conversation with a CM who was a special tour guide for the parks.

He said that asking if CMs like their job is like asking if an employee at any other company loves their job. You will always have the people that hate being there and the people that cant wait to start their shift. Of course for some people it will be nothing more than just a job. With a company like Disney you are looking at the largest single site employer in the United States. With that many people you will always have a varied amount of opinions. For every 100 people you ask about working for the company you will get 100 different responses.
    “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
    Arthur C. Clarke

"Disney Imagineers- mixing imagination with vision and technology to really bring magic to life"

“The closer you look at something, the more you see…”

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: