Quantcast EVC in Park rentals in October

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default EVC in Park rentals in October

A friend and I will be visiting WDW in late October. We are desperately trying to avoid getting a scooter from an outside vendor...we don't need it at the resort and don't want the bus hassle...period. Does anyone have information or experience about renting an EVC in the Parks during this time of year...specifically about running out of them during the course of a day. Let me know what you experienced. Many thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We rented an ECV for the first time this year for my brother, he also can walk for a very short distance and could navigate the resort without one. We rented from Apple Scooter, they were a wonderful company to work with and were considerably less pricey than the others like Walker. We paid $175. for 8 days( plus tax). They delivered to the resort and picked up as well. We didn't have any problems getting on or off the busses. While we were ther I checked at the parks ( April 16 -24) and they were frequently gone by the time we got there. In all fairness, we didn't get to the parks at the crack of dawn though, usually by 10 am.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that if you don't get to the parks at opening, you risk not getting an ECV and there is no reserving ECV's in advance.

You also might run into an issue if you are one who park hops. Even if you have an ECV in one park, if you hop over to another park, there is always the possibility that there won't be one there for you.

Without renting from off-site, you have to do some extra planning and then just hope for the best.

If it was me I would rent from an outside company. The buses and ECV's are not really as bed as people make it out to be.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

We need to refocus. October. Does anyone have experience with renting EVC's in the parks in the fall after all the kids are back in school? Many thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We have rented a couple of times in early October and around Columbus Day and really didn't have any problems getting them at the parks. The only place we did have a potential problem was at the Magic Kingdom later in the afternoon. They were going to put us on a waiting list and then call us in the park when one became available, even though there was one sitting right there. Long story short the cast members working the desk didn't communicate w/ each other and the chair sitting there really was available for us so problem averted.

A tip for you, if you had a chair at the park early in the day and are going to your resort and then coming back to the same park, they will put your name on it and hold it for you. I don't know if this is an official policy, but the cast members did it for us twice at EPCOT. We didn't even ask, they inquired when we turned it in. That made our day!

We are in the same situation - my Mom doesn't need one at the resorts and trying to navigate it onto the bus would stress her out. This year we are staying at the Contemporary and plan to spend most of our time between the MK and EPCOT so we might rent from an outside company and wing it w/ a manual chair at the other parks. The monorail is easier to deal w/ than the bus. Good luck - PM me if you have any other questions.
    Next Trip: 2019-Yacht Club
    Resorts Stayed At Since 1994
    :
    Yacht Club (9 times)
    Beach Club (10 times)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge (1 time)
    Caribbean Beach (3 times)
    Dixie Landings (1 time)
    Contemporary Resort (1 time)

1987 Disney Music Days-Marched in EPCOT!!

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for your thoughtful reply.