Quantcast Have you ever recieved a complimentary upgrade when checking?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever recieved a complimentary upgrade when checking?

I am curious. My last two trips to Vegas I recieved upgrades for no apparent reason....not a big gambler, don't spend thousands on shopping or dining, etc. Has this ever happened to you at Disney? Have you ever been upgraded from Value to Mid or Deluxe?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I've heard of it occasionally happening when they are overbooked, or trying to promote DVC, but it seems pretty rare. In Vegas and cruise ships they upgrade people in hopes you'll enjoy the "high life" and book that next time instead.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Last May we got upgraded at AKL from a standard room to Savannah room in the Arusha Rock area!! It was incredible and unexpected!! My DD (then 8) was in tears when the CM told her she had a great smile and that he gave us a Savannah view!! This was our 3rd stay at AKL and the 1st time we were upgraded.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been upgraded several times (not resorts, but room upgardes). At AKL we've been upgraded to Savannah rooms 4 times. At Contemporary we were upgraded to a tower room.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We were upgraded at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort last Nov. It was our first visit there, we'd booked a studio with a pin code, and I was floored when they told me we'd been upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa!! We were only paying $66 a night! It was right by the pool, food, gift shop and recreation counter too.

Post Thanks / Like

My co-workers were upgraded from Pop to Beach Club water view about 2 weeks before their departure date. It was right after Xmas so i'm assuming that they overbooked Pop. It was their first trip to WDW and definitely spoiled them to the point they never want to go back without staying deluxe. haha!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Three years ago, myself and my two travel companions got upgraded at Saratoga Springs Resort from a Studio to a One-Bedroom Suite for free at check-in. It was a delicious week at Disney...this really added to our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

never been upgraded to another resort, but we have had view upgrades at the AKL and a tower upgrade at the CR.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We've never been upgraded to a different resort but, when we booked a garden view in the Club Level of The Beach Club, we were pleasantly surprised to find we had been upgraded to a water view. Nice.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

booked garden view Poly and got water/park view on the beach!
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago, we were upgraded from a standard view at POFQ to a water view. It was really nice, but I still will not pay to have the water view. We are just not in the room enough to pay the extra.
    But it was a really nice and unexpected plus!
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

At WL we were upgraded from a woods view to a courtyard view and didn't know it until we went into the room...nice surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

checking in a few years ago at the poly i was informed that they had overbooked all of the garden view rooms, so i was being upgraded to concierge for the length of my stay! i had to ask about 5 times if he was sure...he laughed and said of course! that was pretty awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

We've never received an upgrade at a Disney-run hotel, but last summer, we received an upgrade at the Swan from a standard view to a pool view. We could see the fireworks at the Studios from our room, which was fun.

Post Thanks / Like

no maybe next trip . . . . 5 days away!
    Many visits as child.
    2005 WL, AK
    2006 POLY, CR
    2007 WL
    2008 POFQ
    2009 CSR
    2010 POFQ

*October 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I was upgraded to a King suite with a park view at the Grand Californian at Disneyland once while travelling alone and we just got a call two weeks ago that our state room on the Disney Cruise we are taking in a few weeks has been upgraded from an ocean view room to a varandah room. So exciting...

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago, my daughter and family and my husband and I stayed the first part of our trip at the AKL. We then went to the GF for the rest. We were upgraded to a concierge room, I think in Sugar Loaf! Talk about fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, DH & I were upgraded from a regular room to a garden suite at the BW on our HM trip. There was a misunderstanding with our reservation which resulted in us being charged more then we should have been - they upgraded us to make up for it.

I am sure being the end of Sept (value season before free DDP programs) and being on our HM helped but it wasn't one of those pure pixie dust type situations.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we were surprised with an upgrade to Sugarloaf club level at the Grand Floridian for our 50th anniversary. When we arrived the guard said there would be some one waiting for us at the entrance. We had never stayed there before and assumed this was normal. There was a castmember waiting for us with our package and she loaded us on a cart and off we went. We did not realize we were club level until we entered and saw where we were.
    They brought us champagne, glasses and roses.
    This turned out to be a magnificent trip and one we will never forget.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

My family was upgraded for an entire 2 week stay at BC from a regular room, garden view, to concierge garden view. It was HEAVEN. DH and I didn't really care about the view so much as we really wanted a balcony and we got one that overlooked the valet area. We could watch the fireworks at both EPCOT and MK. It was the best vacation EVER.... it will be hard to top!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: