Quantcast Fantasmic Line - Can one person hold place and the rest of family join you later?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic Line - Can one person hold place and the rest of family join you later?

Fantasmic Line - Can one person hold your place and the rest of family join you later?

I hear you should get there an hour to an hour and a half before show time. With elementary, preschool kids - it would be good if they can go do something else while I wait.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

(we are going week before Thanksgiving if that helps)

10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If the theater fills up, then they shut the doors. They count people going through the turnstyles... Which are way up at the top of the hill...

Keep your family together. The second show (if there is one) is usually much better in terms of the line, but that means staying up een later with little kids.

Post Thanks / Like

When do they start letting people in? ....

Like I was thinking of only holding the place only while IN line. Not saving seats.

When we are there, I *think* there will be only one show. Don't know for sure, of course. (we are there the week before Thanksgiving)
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

UGH! I just looked at schedule for November. and Fantasmic is offered ONLY ONCE THE WHOLE TIME WE ARE THERE!!! ugh.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if one person holding a place in line is a good idea. This area gets so congested I don't know that it would be easy to reconnect. If your kids have been waiting in lines for rides all week I don't think this would be any different. You can bring your stroller most of the way so they can sit in their strollers as you wait. We've been seeing Fantasmic since my kids were as young as 2 and they've always done well waiting for the show. I've never had any issues with my kids as far as this show is concerned. One tip I can give, however, is to send one person up to get snacks (or have snacks in a backpack) after you've been seated. The snacks were a good way to keep them occupied while we waited in our seats. Good luck and have fun.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    This area gets so congested I don't know that it would be easy to reconnect.
    Even if you could hold a place reconnecting is almost impossible. There would be no way for your family to get back to you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

So good to know! Thanks so much!

Now to try and figure out how to work it into our schedule with JUST TWO nights to choose from!!!

We may have to choose - If you had to choose - would you go Chef Mickey or Fantasmic? (thinking of just buying an extra day on our passes and head to DHS just for the evening in order to catch Fantasmic)
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic is one of my favorites. It's one of the only reasons we head to MGM.

The advice so far has been pretty solid, you won't reconnect, the line is pretty much elbow to elbow once it starts going. I've also seen them snake people through the Beauty and the Beast theater.

We'e waited in the line several times when it was 2 hours and I think we saw it like 4 times that vacation. I never once minded it, now that the show is a little older, we still try to see it, but it's not a necessity...

Post Thanks / Like

Never done Chef Mickey's, so I can't help you there, but we love Fantasmic! Having said that though, how old are your children? Fantasmic can be intense and a little scary if you have small children, I know my kids couldn't have handled it at a young age, they didn't like loud noises. Just a thought.
    șOș Dianne șOș

You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change

Post Thanks / Like

If u hate waiting in line (my family is impatient) i would reccomend booking the ''fantasmic dining package'' which includes dinner at: mamma melrose, brown derby, or hollywood and vine..which gets u dinner and front row seating without the wait
    șoș MickeyLuver șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCRKTW459 View Post
    We may have to choose - If you had to choose - would you go Chef Mickey or Fantasmic? (thinking of just buying an extra day on our passes and head to DHS just for the evening in order to catch Fantasmic)
    I really enjoy Fantasmic, but for your age children I would go with Chef Mickey's. Fantasmic can be a little intense (and sometimes scary) for young children. Chef Mickey's, on the other hand, is always a huge hit with little ones as you get time with main characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pluto)
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

So good to know! Thanks so much!

Now to try and figure out how to work it into our schedule with JUST TWO nights to choose from!!!

Keep checking the schedule. We just got back. Originally a few months ago it was scheduled only twice during our 9 night/10 day stay....one time each on two different nights. Maybe a week before we went they added more showings and we had 6 times to choose from....twice per night on 3 different nights. Glad our schedule was flexible. We tried to go to the early show one night and got there about 45 minutes before it started and were told as we came in that it was standing room only....we walked down anyway and quickly made the decision to return for the later show as it was shoulder to shoulder people standing there. We returned 30 minutes early for the later show and got in with great seats and there were a ton of empty seats during the whole show.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Kiddos are 9, 6 and 3. And I have been going back and forth "worrying" if it would be too much for the kids.
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    05/10 - POR & BC

Post Thanks / Like

Kiddos are 9, 6 and 3. And I have been going back and forth "worrying" if it would be too much for the kids.
    It depends on the kid. Some love it and some are a little frightened by it. Only you know the temperament of your kids.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

One comment I will make on this---Last September we noticed that there were numerous CMs watching for people trying to "move up" in line saying they were with people ahead and stopping them - to the point of sending them all the way to the back of the current line.

Whether or not the people had a valid 'line holder' ahead or there was a valid reason someone could/should not stand in line for any extended period, it is, considered "line jumping" and is heavily frowned upon.

I am NOT saying this to cast aspersions upon your, or any other persons, character, and hope you do not take it in that manner.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: