Quantcast Is it completely Rediculous for a 40 year old woman to do BBB?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it completely Rediculous for a 40 year old woman to do BBB?

Was chatting with a mutually Disney crazy friend of mine, who said she wore a tiara all week for her trip. Something like that had never even crossed my mind, then I started thinking how fun it is for my girls to get their makeovers, maybe I would like it too? But will I look completely rediculous?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Every Girl should get the chance to be a princess no matter what what age. I say if you wan't to do it then you should
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it!!!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I would do it. What women/girl does not like a make over. The exception being my 10yo DD. I would do it and I will be 56 soon.

I would go for it. Have fun.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

While I personally wouldn't do it, I wouldn't care if someone else did. You only live once, and I am sure you wouldn't be the first!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe BBB is meant for children but I'm sure you wouldn't be the first adult. However, I would make myself scarce quickly if it was my wife in BBB. lol Honestly though, I would be more concerned with your friend who wore a tiara all week long. That is a bit odd in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be great fun to be a princess for a day at any age! I say if it something you want to do go for it. You only live once and you should enjoy every minute!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've actually seen adult women who had clearly gone to the BBB. Although in fairness they were definitely more like in their late teens or early 20's. I've never seen anyone who looked like they were 40.

My opinion is if you want to do it, go right ahead. Personally, if my wife did it, I'd spend the day at a different park, but that's just me.

I think people should feel free to be a kid when they're in WDW, though, so go for it if you really want to.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had a daughter, I'd be really hesitant to let HER do the BBB experience.

Those little girls come out looking a little too much like those "Toddlers & Tiaras" pageant girls...which is so creepy to me.

I'm glad I have boys. And, as a 31 year old woman, I wouldn't even THINK of doing the BBB. I wouldn't have even wanted to as a little girl, though. I was a tomboy.

But, to each her own, as they say.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It certainly can't look any odder than grown men walking around in mouse ears.

Which reminds me, I saw a 20 something year old woman in mouse ears shopping in a grocery store here in NJ a few weeks ago.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather spend the money at a spa for some grown-up pampering.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

oooooo - now that's the thing Tick Tock!

Post Thanks / Like

I say if it's something you want to do - go for it! It's your time, your money and your hair - go ahead and put all the sparkles in it you want! Heck, when I'm at DL with my mom (63) and sisters (all around 30 - give or take a few years) we'll always stop at the woman outside BBB to get a little glitter sprinkled on us! I can see the appeal. You're on vacation. Chances are you'll never see any of these people again, who cares what they think! Do what you want to do!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

On our recent trip to WDW, my 7 year old nephew walked around wearing pirate stuff all week...on the way to the airport he decided he didn't want to be a pirate anymore, but we had nowhere to put all his stuff. SO I walked around the Orlando airport wearing a pirate hat and eyepatch carring a hook and sword...I got lots of interesting comments both there and when we landed in Branson Mo! I am 40 and would have much rather been a princess! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Go GO GO I am 53.

Post Thanks / Like

My 16 yo daughter did BBB last week for her Sweet Sixteen. The cast members asked me if I'd like a makeover along with her. I declined, but they said, lots of Mom's get it done along with their daughters! They said BBB is for ages 3-100.
    Last edited by mouseketeer mom; 04-14-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: forgot something
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I am in my thirties and have worn Mickey Ears, Princess crowns, and winnie the pooh tattoos at Disney World. I think its part of the fun, I would think twice about doing it anyplace else, though I will admit that much of my wardrobe is Disney shirts and I wear them everyplace. I think if you wanna do it go for it Disney is a place for dreams and dreaming. Also if my nieces or Goddaughter wanted to do it I would go with them ( we are also a large group of tom boys and dresses are not our thing). Dream your dream and do not care what others think.
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, go for it. Life is short. Enjoy!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

I am well into my 50's and I wear my golden sparkled ears (from the 50th anniversary) all day, every day while in WDW. It's all about what you want to do...WDW you are free to be yourself and if that inner DIVA wants a BBB...then by all means...ENJOY!!!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We visit WDW to be kids again. Do whatever makes you happy!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: