Quantcast Why arent there more posts and posters?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why arent there more posts and posters?

As Im planning my DL trip (we go to WDW frequently), I guess Im surprised that there isnt more activity on this "side" of Intercot...
    I understand that so many more people go to WDW, and that they come from so many more places. Still, I would think that the Disneylanders would be as passionate, and want to talk/share as much. Any ideas?
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask any question and we will be sure to answer!

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. I've been disappointed with the lack of response. I appreciate the answers I get, but I'd like to have lots of feedback and opinions like on the "other" side, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but ever since I went to DW I haven't been back to DL. I love the World because I find the CM's so much nicer and there is so much more to do and I live in California.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    As Im planning my DL trip (we go to WDW frequently), I guess Im surprised that there isnt more activity on this "side" of Intercot...
    I understand that so many more people go to WDW, and that they come from so many more places. Still, I would think that the Disneylanders would be as passionate, and want to talk/share as much. Any ideas?
    We are there almost every Saturday. I have been a passholder for years. I know the parks inside out. The DLR boards are not as active as the WDW one. What would you like to know? How can I try and help out? What questions do you have?

Just ask and I will try to help.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaJ View Post
    I hate to say it but ever since I went to DW I haven't been back to DL. I love the World because I find the CM's so much nicer and there is so much more to do and I live in California.
    I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience at DL. Granted, there is a whole lot more to do at WDW. We go for day visits almost every Saturday.

I have never had a bad CM experience at DL. I have always found the CM's friendly and willing to help out. Some more than others. A few CM's now recognize us from our frequent visits and know us by sight or name.

Hope you will give Disneyland another try.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

I too have been surprised by the lack of activity here at Intercot West. But that being said the Disneyland people on here have always been helpful and answered my questions. Best I can guess is that Disneyland is frequented by far more day visitors from Southern California or combined with a trip to California. I don't think people consider DL the destination that WDW is so there isn't as much trip planning involved. Anyone agree or disagree?

I personally have enjoyed my recent visits to Disneyland more than my visits to WDW as it is more "manageable" and I like having everything close together and being able to walk between parks!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post
    I too have been surprised by the lack of activity here at Intercot West. But that being said the Disneyland people on here have always been helpful and answered my questions. Best I can guess is that Disneyland is frequented by far more day visitors from Southern California or combined with a trip to California. I don't think people consider DL the destination that WDW is so there isn't as much trip planning involved. Anyone agree or disagree?

I personally have enjoyed my recent visits to Disneyland more than my visits to WDW as it is more "manageable" and I like having everything close together and being able to walk between parks!

I agree... Disneyland is more of a day visit, at least for us. I too like that everything is close and you don't have to take any transportation to get from one park to the other or DTD. Some of the good neighbor hotels use the ART or their own shuttles to/from the parks.

I also wish these DL boards were more active. I look forward to seeing new posts.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There,
    I am a Pass Holder for DL and visit WDW every year (or every other year depending on how good business is). DL does not involve as much planing as WDW, and that is reflected here on this side of the boards. WDW can be viewed as a vacation destination much the same way as Hawaii is. While DL is also a vacation desitnation, it is more in the tradition of an attraction and alot of people who visit dont just stay on property the way they do in Florida.
    There are a bunch of us on here who can answer almost any question you may have. You really dont need to plan your DL vacation months in advance the way you do with WDW. You can literally plan your trip in 3 wks if travelling off season.
    With the new expansions happening around DL Resort, this "side" of the boards may be getting a little busier in the weeks to come.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to WDW once, however honestly can't count the number of times I've gone to Disneyland. Firstly, it's a much more manageable trip from Northern California than Florida is, but I also like how, as a prior poster mentioned, it's more managable. I'll generally go for two or three days and have a very relaxing, leasurly trip. I also like that you can find inexpensive hotels that are off property but still in walking distance. You're not 'trapped' in Disney. Now, I love Disney, I'm on this board aren't I, but still, it's nice to get away from the super high price of food and hotels while not missing out on anything in the parks.

I don't actually know if I answer any questions, but I wanted to make sure people know that I was here.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for the welcoming and enthusiastic response. I knew you guys had it in ya.
    Im sure Ill have more questions as our Nov trip grows nearer. My biggest question was when to go. I wanted to arrive 11/17, but I wasnt sure that HM and Small World would have their holiday overlays up and running by then. One kind Intercotee assures me they should both be ready by then. Any other input?
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay will be in place, I think it is always done in time for Halloween. I am not sure about It's a Small World, your date might be cutting it pretty close to when it will be ready for the Holidays.
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Haunted Mansion Holiday is usually done by the end of Sept. Small World is usually done in Oct. They (if they are done) will be up and running by the time of your visit.
    Marci

Post Thanks / Like

i am also planing a trip to disneyland and just discovered this side of intercot. i love it.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennbunn View Post
    i am also planing a trip to disneyland and just discovered this side of intercot. i love it.
    Welcome to the west side
    Marci

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wish this side of the 'COT was busier, but I think that most every question is answered.

I think you guys are right that less planning is involved with a trip to DLR.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the prompt and friendly help. We are pretty confident that the two overlays will be ready for us on our dates. As the trip grows nearer, you can count on me for more questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to give "props" to this side of the board. We went to DLR in March, I started looked at the DLR boards about a year before and was surprised by the lack of posts. I did find that when I asked a question I got awesome answers--sometimes quality is better than quantity!
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

I also wish there was more action over on this side. I love DL and WDW. We have been vacationing at DLR far more these days though. WDW is far too long of a trip (3 hours to airport + 6 hours on a plane), for our 3 yr old to endure. Sure, you can go as a day guest to DL, but we usually go for 5 days, and still don't see everything. I get just as excited about my DL trips, as I did going to WDW. DL was my first Disney experience, and will always hold the magic it did for me over 23 years ago. I love to plan DL trips, down to the dining reservations, outline for each day etc. By all means, if you have questions, ask away. There may not be tons of posters on this side, but those of us here LOVE Walt's original park!
    The countdown is on, for our Disneyland vacation in Sept. 2010
    2009-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2008-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2006-Carribean Beach
    2004-Coronado Springs & Port Orleans FQ
    2003-Off Property (Condo)
    1996-Dolphin
    1992-Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I also noticed the lack of activity on this West side when I was planning our trip to DL last Aug, but as mentioned every question I had was answered and promptly answered. We ended up having one amazing vacation.

I wish that more people would contribute a trip report after their visit, as I love to read other's reports. I started doing my trip reports "First Timers to Disneyland" but have to admit that I never did finish them either. Completed day 4 of a 7 day trip. I kind of felt like it was a lot of work for little interest. Maybe one day I will finish them as I got to relive my vacation while writing them.

Hopefully one day this side will pick up.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: