Quantcast Bag to bring to parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bag to bring to parks?

So, I'm a little bit of a fashionista... okay, I'm very much a fashionista

Just trying to work out what type of bag I will bring with me to the parks. In the past I have carried everything from a small tote (seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15618503@N05/4477328015/) to a tiny little Coach wristlet, just for KTTW card and some lip balm or whatever.

This time, I'm leaning towards something bigger than the wristlet, so I can carry some sunscreen and a waterbottle. I'm thinking something with soft sides (so I can easily compress it into the compartments on the rides) that's not too big. I don't do well with backpacks; I hate when my back gets sweaty.

What do you carry all your stuff in at the parks? Have any of the fashionistas out there seen any purses/totes/satchels etc. this spring that you might consider bringing with you to the park?

While I live in Canada , I'm fairly close to the border and we do cross-border shopping frequently, so even if it's a store that's not available in Canada, let me know
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest a small messenger bag that goes across your body. You can easily access all the pockets this way without taking a backpack on and off all the time.
    Kipling do really good bags with lots of compartments in really funky colours and a range of sizes.
    I prefer this type of bag to a backpack. Just google Kipling luggage.
    Jo

Next trip Sept 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011 - POFQ
    Oct 2009 - POFQ
    April 2008 - off site
    Nov 2006 - CBR
    March 2005 - Disneyland Paris
    Oct 2004 - AKL
    April 2003 - off site
    Dec 1997 - off site
    June 1995 - Disney California

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the messenger bag! For us it seemed to be the most practical.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bag to bring to parks?

I love Vera Bradley bags. They are both durable and darling. They all tend to have a lot of pockets to store items that you will most likely use while you are at the Parks. There are so many styles to chose from and their new summer line is out. They will also compress to fit under your legs or in the middle of the seat. You can't go wrong with this type of bag! Happy shopping!

2008-2007 Off site
    2008 Grand Floridian
    2009 Wilderness Lodge
    October 2010 AKL (surprise vacation for the kids!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I also use a crossbody (messenger)bag. Mine is made by Tignanello. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Dooney & Bourke mini juliette satchel. It can be worn crossbody or handheld. I think it would be a bit larger than my Tig and would also allow me to use it on a daily basis. It's available in leather zebra or giraffe (very cute). Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

What nobody uses fanny packs anymore?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Vera Bradley back packs. They hold all my stuff and unlike most back packs my back doesn't get hot.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Skip the bag and use cargo pants/shorts. You can carry what you need and don't have to wait in the bag check lines.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I am the usual handbag person but when I am in the parks I carry a baggalini. It looks like a mini backpack but carries like a messenger bag. I love all the convenient compartments and its water proof. They come in a lot of cool colors and its very light. It's called Women's baggallini MES160 Messenger Bag. Hope this is helpful.
    ~Ashley~
    ~ºOº 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF ºOº~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you don't like backpacks and I feel the same way about a traditional backpack. For the last 2 yrs I've used a sling type backpack I got from MouseGears at Epcot. Without weighing you down, it's lightweight and will hold everything you need. I've never had a problem with mine making me too warm. It's something to consider.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use the slings bags but I was carrying so much in them that my shoulers got sore so I went to WalMart and got one of those water bladder type of backpacks. The shoulders are padded and I have removed the water bladder in it so make more room for everything. They are narrow enough to keep from getting too hot and water proof for keeping thing dry. Also they do not llok bad there are alot of differant colors to choose from..

Post Thanks / Like

Can't (and won't!) do fanny packs or backpacks, but I won't bring my Marc Jacobs, LV or even my nicer Banana Republic bags to the parks either! Don't want them getting wet/dirty etc. I usually have luck at Gap. Right now they have a cute bag in a few prints, nylon- very cute tye-dye red and one was a purple blue, other prints too. Sometimes American Eagle has cute and fashionable bags too. Check both out online. They aren't too much so I don't care the wear and tear they get.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Dooney & Bourke mini juliette satchel.
    I checked out the D&B website, and I think I like the pouchette style (maybe in nylon?) ... small enough that I could fit a travel-size tube of sunscreen in there, as well as sunglasses, KTTW card, small wallet, etc. Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I usually have luck at Gap. Right now they have a cute bag in a few prints, nylon- very cute tye-dye red and one was a purple blue, other prints too.
    Saw these - LOVE them! I am seriously considering one of the blue/white ones... I really like the white one, but I had a similar style in the past (see the link in my post above) and the only problem was that the dye from my dark-wash denim shorts rubbed off on the white canvas Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion!

Now, I just have to decide which one...
    Many trips as a child!
    March 2006 - POR
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - ASMu
    February 2009 - Offsite
    May 2010 - SSR
    February 2012 - SSR
    August 2012 - CSR
    October 2013 - CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: