Quantcast Crowds in May?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowds in May?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crowds in May?

Has anyone ever gone to WDW at the end of April/beginning of May? We're booked to go the first week of May and I'm wondering how bad the crowds will be...I know that's a few weeks past Easter and a few weeks before school lets out, but are there any other events or holidays that would make it more crowded? We usually go at the end of September or October when the crowds aren't too bad...although sometimes with free dining and the F&W festival it can get a little crazy. Any thoughts welcome! Thank you!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say. I'll be there that week, too. I can say lots of folks have reported that in previous years crowds were fairly low in early May with great weather. Last year, however, crowds were significant and the temps were in the mid 90s, but hopefully that's an aberration on the crowds and I know it was on the weather. It seems the 4/3 deal caused a ton of folks to book in May that normally would not have. This year it seems crowds have been sporadic. Sometimes above normal, sometimes below and Disney is missing their guess because of last minute bookings. I would just say expect moderately heavy crowds and then we'll both be pleasantly surprised if they aren't. But that's pretty much the case any month now as there doesn't seem to be a "light" time any more.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We went during this period in 2008 and 2007 and it was great. The crowds are low to moderate and the weather was great both times.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps things have changed but we've always been pleased with May as a month to visit. In our experience, crowds have been low to moderate and the parks are really manageable. We've found weather to be generally dry though it can be quite hot and humid.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Perhaps things have changed but we've always been pleased with May as a month to visit.
    That's what I'm wondering, Linda. Was last year a one-off or the beginning of a new pattern? I guess I'll find out in about 6 weeks.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That's what I'm wondering, Linda. Was last year a one-off or the beginning of a new pattern? I guess I'll find out in about 6 weeks.
    Guess we'll find out as well. We're there right after you are!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there that week too, and am hoping for low to moderate crowds and great weather. I did look at the historic temps for that week and the average daytime temps over the last 6 years is in the 86-88 range, with evening temps 62-65.
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    I'll be there that week too, and am hoping for low to moderate crowds and great weather.
    You know, in all the years I've been on this board I don't recall ever seeing someone who was hoping for really high crowds and horrendous weather.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    You know, in all the years I've been on this board I don't recall ever seeing someone who was hoping for really high crowds and horrendous weather.

Good point, and I will accept that comment in the good natured way that I think it was intended!
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgdisney View Post
    Good point, and I will accept that comment in the good natured way that I think it was intended!
    Yep. Not meant as a jab at you, just having some fun about how we all (me included) want the "perfect" vacation. I know it has to rain in Orlando sometime. Just not while I'm there, right?
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know about the rest of the world, but A LOT of us here on Intercot are going to be there that week. Count me in as well!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

We were there at that time last year. There were plenty of people there, but we had very little trouble with lines and got everything done that we wanted. It did get really hot the last weekend we were there (1st weekend of May), but we like warmer weather for swim time! Have fun!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I was there at the end of the month, it poured almost everyday. I am hoping for alot less rain. This year I am going to go the 8th-16th, just wish I wasn't missing SW weekends.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Count us in for being there during that week, too! Thirty days!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I will be there the first week of May also. Sounds like there are lots of us going that week!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! So many Intercotees are going in May! I hope the weather and crowds are great for all of us. :-) DH and I have never been to WDW in May and I've always wanted to see the Flower & Garden Festival. I don't mind warm weather and I know my two kids will LOVE splashing around in the pool. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is Toy Story Mania. I know it's next to impossible to get on and we weren't able to do it during our last trip either. HS was an absolute MAD HOUSE during our last visit. This trip we'll only be spending one afternoon there and most of our time at Epcot and MK. I'd like to be able to do the American Idol Experience, Toy Story Mania and a few of the other things that are good for kids. Both of them LOVE Playhouse Disney so that is an absolute 'must-do' for us this time. :-) I just hope HS isn't as crowded as it was last October! I guess we'll have to wait and see. :-)
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, we'll also be there the first week of May. We went during that time in 2008, and had low/mod crowds and gorgeous sunny, dry weather in the low-mid 80's. I don't remember it ever feeling hot or sticky.

Praying for good weather again. While we had a mix of warm and cool weather in December, we had too many cloudy days. We always have trips full of sun, so I'm hoping May gives us more of the same, without really high temps. Yeah, I'm picky!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Allways go at that time of year. The crowds have increased of the past few. I thought last year was very crowded compaired to others. This year we had no difficulty booking our ADR's as we have in the past. I understand they have canceled a few of the late dinner show due to lack of ADR's. Seems the crowds might be down a little bit.

If I knew everyone was going at this time I would have told you it was just awful. Hot, crowds like Christmas, and that you should stay home just to make more room for me!

I hope we all have fun!!!
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be there May 9th thru the 17th hopefully going a little earlier we miss the heavy rain unlike last year. However this year I am coming prepared with a full rainsuit for my grandmother to keep her from getting soaked if it should happen to do that again. She is in a wheelchair and just got drenched.The crowds were not that heavy last year so I would say it's a good month to go.

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there too! 3-8th I was there then last year as well I think we left around the 3/4th the first part of the week was fantastic the end was busy obviously it was the weekend/school groups--totally expected it. Weather was amazing, we liked it so much we're going back this year again(that time of year). I think we got down there around the 25th of April or so, never had any rain while we were awake.
    The year before we went the begining of April, and caught part of Spring Break even though Easter was in Mid-March--it was horrible, so-so weather most of the trip, most of the parks ran out of hoodies, lots of crowds, the best part was the Pirate and Princess Party!
    I really like very late April into early May to visit!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: