Quantcast Do you have anything at home decorated like a resort room that you like?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you have anything at home decorated like a resort room that you like?

We bought a Grand Floridian Comforter, an All Star Movies comforter and a Disney Cruise comforter. We bought one of the round mirrors that stick out from the wall and is two sided. We have actually room number signs from the Grand Floridian on each of our doors. A brass one from a suite.We bought these on Disney World liquidation sites.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, Disneydoug. I would feel right at home visiting you. I don't have anything quite like what I would find in a Disney room, but the GF is my favorite resort.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I built a home theater room w/a polynesian theme. If your comfortable at The Polynesian Resort you'd be comfortable in this room. I have the map of The Polynesian that they give you framed on the wall. There's also tiki masks, ukelele's, and some small wall mount lamps with bamboo shades. The lamps are very much like the ones on the wall near the day bed in The Poly rooms. Last year we stayed at The Poly and ate at 'Ohanas for bkfst and dinner so we got about 20 lei's. I have those kinda piled in the corners below the screen. Sounds cheesey but they look good. We call it the Bamboo Room. It's like a mini vacation every time you enter.

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

No....but now that you bring it up I really want to....

Now, where exactly are these liquidation sites?

Post Thanks / Like

No but I just bought a piece of carpet from Journey into Imagination on eBay. Still waiting for it to arrive then I'm going to bind the edges for a small rug. DD14 wants to use it in her room and paint the walls purple with glitter.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lakin View Post
    Now, where exactly are these liquidation sites?
    Do a search for "Mouse Surplus" to find one.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

No resort theme here, but that would be fun! We do have a Nemo bathroom set in our upstairs bathroom. The walls are decorated with vintage mermaid and fish wall plaques, so the Nemo tie in worked well. We also have a framed print from one of the Disneyland resorts (never been there though). It's of two raccoons backing up as far as they can on a floating log away from a skunk. Makes me smile everytime I look at it!

Post Thanks / Like

our basement is full of Disney things! We even bought the curtains from Port Orleans9Riverside?) with the mapish print with mickey on it! We made a pillow out of the left over fabric!
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

We remodeled one our bathrooms similar to those in the POR Mansion rooms.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Do a search for "Mouse Surplus" to find one.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about doing that myself - sounds like a great idea. For all the times I've been to Disney the only decorations I have are two plush dolls (Mickey & Minnie of course) that my girlfriend gave to me for Christmas. I take my family every year and my niece pointed out that I never spend money on myself so this gives me a few ideas for my house.

ps - Mr. Increddieble - when's movie night?
    wolfhog

past trips:
    once or twice a year
    since 83 on
    & off (shame on me - I know)
    property

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have any WDW themed rooms, but lots of WDW stuff in our kitchen & we add to it with every trip! Our kitchen is painted yellow & has mostly black accents so all of the Mickey kitchenware ties in nicely! My favorite recent addition is the wall clock I found at the Boardwalk a few years ago, I love it!

I bought a mirror from Mouse Surplus, it was from Coronado Resort, it hangs in our living room & looks so nice over a curio cabinet filled with WDW snowglobes, figurines, photo albums, etc.

DS's rooms have lots of WDW plush, ears, etc. on their shelves, all of our lanyards hanging & lots of Villians! All of our bits & pieces of WDW invoke so many wonderful family memories and give me lots of warm fuzzies!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have a specific theme, but we have a finished basement that is filled with everything Disney. We call it "Walt's Room."
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

My sister did a Wilderness Lodge theme in her Florida house a little while ago and it was very cool! Ooh, Vince, you will need a "Walt's specialty bar" for that!

I'm going to try to get to the Mouse Surplus store next time I get back home, it's in Haines City, not far from Disney, so it's on my way from when I come from Tampa. I want one of the props from Mr. Toad's or Horizons, truly a part of my childhood!

Post Thanks / Like

thats so cool I would love to do that. have lots of mickey kitchen stuff and would love to have a mickey themed kitchen but kitchen ware does not travel well (from US to scotland). had Mickey wine glasses (plastic) that totally loved but used them so much they are done. and last time they only had glass - never mind stil living the disney dream and only 187 days to go
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

We painted our room with a beach club blue and green, bought carpet that resembles a florida sand color, and painted frames blue and hung up the pictures we took of professional looking disney world landscape so the only thing on our walls is Disney world Landscape photography. We don't own anything that we purchased FROM Disney world but I love my room so much more now that when I walk in the room I feel like I am at the beach club.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

When we enclosed our front porch -- we did wilderness lodge. We bought an authentic WDW WL armoire and a couple of prints off of auction site. came out really well

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Increddieble View Post
    I built a home theater room w/a polynesian theme. If your comfortable at The Polynesian Resort you'd be comfortable in this room. I have the map of The Polynesian that they give you framed on the wall. There's also tiki masks, ukelele's, and some small wall mount lamps with bamboo shades. The lamps are very much like the ones on the wall near the day bed in The Poly rooms. Last year we stayed at The Poly and ate at 'Ohanas for bkfst and dinner so we got about 20 lei's. I have those kinda piled in the corners below the screen. Sounds cheesey but they look good. We call it the Bamboo Room. It's like a mini vacation every time you enter.
    Would you be a sweetheart and please invite us over for movie night? I'll bring the umbrella drinks!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted our house to have a different Disney theme in every room. Still waiting for the right time????

Our house is decorated very rustic/log cabin like so, I guess it could pass for WL.

I want our office to be our Disney room. We have prints that we've bought but, never hung. WE have a couple commemorative prints hanging in the office but nothing as I dreamed of.

We WILL have a Poly room! In my dream home, I will have a beach cottage type home and it will be a cross between Poly, Beach Club adn Contemporary all in one....

Now, if only my lucky numbers hit!!!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We have an AKL comforter and drapes in our bedroom along with a number of other smaller items from the AKL giftshop to fit in with the theming of the room.

Also have a disney themed bathroom complete with artwork from the CR, pics of our kids at various ages at WDW, and a pin display of resorts we have stayed at while at disney.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: