Quantcast Italy Vacation Part 6 Rome Again!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Italy Vacation Part 6 Rome Again!

Rome: Arrive Weds Leave Saturday

Ok,so we are back to Rome for our last couple days of vacation. The 8 hour ride back was murder . Too long to be couped up in a train. It's funny how the 6 hour didn't really bother me (although I was ready to get off of the train after 6 hours) but the 8 hour trip had all of us cranky and I had a headache. We checked back into the Hotel Forte grabbed some dinner and watched a pay per view movie.

Thursday it was a "free" day and it was raining so we decided to take a "bus tour" of the city. Most sights were things that we had either gone to on our first days in Rome or things we just wanted to get pictures of while going by so the bus fit the bill. If it was a nice day I would have rather walked but this kept us pretty dry. We stopped at the Hard Rock for lunch a a little shopping and had a nice dinner at a restaurant we really liked the first time around. We got gelati and went back to the hotel.

Friday was our last touring day so we got out early. Keep track of my sons gelati today . We went to the Piazza Navona and took pictures at each of the three fountains. My sons first gelati of the day, it's about 9:30 in the morning. Then we went to the Pantheon. Here is were Caesar was thought to be stabbed. Next was the Castel Sant Angelo which is near the Vatican. This looks like what you think a castle will look like. It has underground tunnel that links to the Vatican so the Pope could escape if needed. The views of the Tiber and the Vatican from the top of the castle are worth the trip alone. We also toured the many prison cells under the castle. My son had another gelati when we left the castle. We went back to Trevi Fountain for a day view (our last visit was at night) of the fountain which was just as imprssive as it was at night. We stoped and had lunch and my son had a gelati. Next was the Piazza di San Giovanni where the Holy Steps are located. These steps were taken from Jerusalem in 326 to Rome. They are the 28 marble steps that Jesus walked on when he was condemned by Pontius Pilate. They are covered with wood to preserve them. You are able to "walk" up the actual steps on your knees. It was a very moving experience that called for my son to get a gelati. We visited a very big church (the name escapes me now) that had a huge garden in the back and a small museum. We had an early dinner and did some shopping. We stopped to get dessert before going back to the room to pack and my son had another gelati. He made the most o fthe day with a grand total of 5 gelati in one day. He was on .

Next: Leaving for Home and Final Thoughts
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Gelati fest! I think your son had the right idea. Have to take advantage of the gelati while you're there, right? Another amazing two days. Thanks for the report!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: