Quantcast For Those With No Dog In the Fight ... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Of the four remaining NFL playoff teams, who do you most want to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts

12 27.91%
  • Minnesota Vikings

8 18.60%
  • New Orleans Saints

19 44.19%
  • New York Jets

4 9.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    You are a little wrong here, I will not defend the OTHER jet fans...
    Many Jets fans are loud, drunk and obnoxious.
    Its not all of us, but the loud, drunk & obnoxious ones are the most visable
    and Kerry Rhodes has been talking smack all year - what you dont hear is the polite derrelle revis quotes ("I just hope I can cover them") or Jenkins (who on teammate bart scott & kery rhodes said- I wish they would stop running their mouths)

None the less
    Go Jets
    Actually, I do hear those quotes. Not from the NY media though, who call the trash talking "refreshing".

That's why you'll never hear me say anything about Revis. He's right there with Jeter as far as being a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Only "kinda" funny? ... it was meant to be "really" funny.
    Okay I'll give ya that.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    OK, I can see how the Yankees could have that effect on people.

No, I suppose it isn't a suprise. I guess it's because NYC gets more attention than other places. Obviously, there are irritating people, as well as decent people, everywhere.
    I agree totally. It's almost not the fault of the city or the people (I say almost, because face it ... New York does have a higher percentage of annoying loudmouths than most places ), but the media for their obvious NYC bias and the way they fawn over any team or player that has a "New York" before his team name.

Eli Manning is the poster child for that. When the Giants went to the Super Bowl, the media couldn't wait to spend a week talking about him and yet he's gotta be one of the most overrated players in the NFL. The fact that he won the MVP was such a sham ... it's that stuff that gets on people's nerves.

are you sure its not Jelousy ?
    Oh I'm quite certain a lot of it is rooted in jealousy. I think people from Boston and Philly especially have that feeling being so geographically close by yet not garnering anywhere near the attention.

And really ... outside of the Yankees ... New York doesn't exactly have any real powerhouse teams. Then again the Yankees are the powerhouse of powerhouses, so ...

But anyway, some of it is definitely jealousy yeah and some of it is definitely the arrogance and bluster of a certain segment of New Yorkers. If you could have heard the Giants fans calling in to our local sports talk radio the first half of this season ... UGH! You would have thought the Giants had already won the Super Bowl!

Of course you didn't hear a peep from them after they collapsed.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This was a tough pick because I wouldn't mind seeing all 4 of the teams win.

The Vikes because of Brad Childress and his Eagles connection. Childress realizes the importance of running the ball, something Andy Reid can't seem to grasp.

The Saints because I like Brees and Sean Patyon, both great at what they do.

The Jets because I like the Rex Ryan and his attitude.

But I had to go with the Colts. I like Peyton Manning and love watching him play. I just think he is a classy dude on and off the field. And I always get a kick of the commercials he does.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    New York does have a higher percentage of annoying loudmouths than most places
    Am I the only one who sees the incredible irony in a statement like this being made by someone from Philadelphia?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the incredible irony in a statement like this being made by someone from Philadelphia?
    Oh, I would never deny that Philly has its own share of loudmouths and blowhards.

I see two differences ... one, like 11.6% of New Yorkers are annoying blowhards and only approximately 9.735% of Philadelphians are.

#2, the blowhard New Yorkers actually believe themselves superior to everything and everyone whereas the blowhard Philadelphians are, in fact, suffering from an inferiority complex and just "blowharding" to cover up their insecurities.

How's that for dime store psychoanalysis??
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I see two differences ... one, like 11.6% of New Yorkers are annoying blowhards and only approximately 9.735% of Philadelphians are.

#2, the blowhard New Yorkers actually believe themselves superior to everything and everyone whereas the blowhard Philadelphians are, in fact, suffering from an inferiority complex and just "blowharding" to cover up their insecurities.
    Do you have the studies to back those numbers up? I think both are higher.

To me, blowhards are blowhards, reasons are no excuse.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to stand up for Ian on this one. If you remember, Eli was originally drafted by San Diego but demanded a trade from the Chargers. :P Other loudmouths in NY:
    • Rex Ryan
    • The Entire Yankee organization
    • Sean Avery
    • TO (I'm counting NY State)
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    I'm going to stand up for Ian on this one. If you remember, Eli was originally drafted by San Diego but demanded a trade from the Chargers. :P Other loudmouths in NY:
    • Rex Ryan
    • Sean Avery

Eli isn't a loudmouth though.
    List for Philly:
    Former Eagles Coach Buddy Ryan
    Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins
    Flyers Scott Hartnell
    Eagles DeSean Jackson (not so much mouthy but showy)
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Eli isn't a loudmouth though.
    Okay then ... replace Eli with Latrell "I gotta feed my family" Sprewell!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

• Rex Ryan
    • Sean Avery
    Ok if you are counting NY state, how are you counting NEW JERSEY ???
    Rex Ryan, is not from NY, does not coach a team in NY ... oh right, I get it - he is so loud that he covers both states
    (pagan could have come up with a funny fat joke here)

Now please, there are plenty of NY loudmouths-
    • Jet Fans
    • Met Fans
    • Mayor Guilliani
    • Kerry Rhodes
    • Pagan
    • Gueli
    • The NY Post sports writers
    • Howard stern (who was so loud, that he was heard as the #1 Morning personality coast to coast, until he got over 7 million people to PAY to hear him on Satellite radio)

Hey, how did we get so far off topic that we are busy bashing NY ?

Post Thanks / Like

• Rex Ryan
    • Sean Avery
    Man are you way off base...who on the Yankees is a loudmouth? I agree with the others whole heartedly though!

And Ian...I understand the inferiority complex in Philly. I mean after all, what other city would actually be home to one of the greatest ever heavyweight champions (Joe Frazier) yet erect a statue to an actor playing a heavyweight champion?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Ok if you are counting NY state, how are you counting NEW JERSEY ???
    Rex Ryan, is not from NY, does not coach a team in NY ...
    Dude, the team name is the New York Jets. If they're really from Jersey then they need to change the name a la the New Jersey Devils.

Otherwise, they can't have their cake and eat it, too. I realize very few people actually want to be directly associated with New Jersey, but you can't claim to be from Jersey just to avoid the New York stigma on one hand but name your team the New York Jets to avoid the Jersey stigma on the other!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Man are you way off base...who on the Yankees is a loudmouth? I agree with the others whole heartedly though!
    Choke ... gasp ... I actually have to agree with Pagan here. The Yankees themselves are not loudmouths (maybe A-Rod?). But the coverage they get and their fans? Definitely loudmouths!

And Ian...I understand the inferiority complex in Philly. I mean after all, what other city would actually be home to one of the greatest ever heavyweight champions (Joe Frazier) yet erect a statue to an actor playing a heavyweight champion?
    You're so preaching to the choir, man. I don't get the city's fascination with Rocky either.

I mean the movies are good, but really? To form an entire city identity around a low-budget Sylvester Stallone flick?? And people wonder why Philly gets dissed ....

Hey, how did we get so far off topic that we are busy bashing NY ?
    Hey now in fairness, bashing New York is never off topic. That's always fair game!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Dude, the team name is the New York Jets. If they're really from Jersey then they need to change the name a la the New Jersey Devils.

Otherwise, they can't have their cake and eat it, too. I realize very few people actually want to be directly associated with New Jersey, but you can't claim to be from Jersey just to avoid the New York stigma on one hand but name your team the New York Jets to avoid the Jersey stigma on the other!
    Ever since the New York Football Jets Decided to leave New York State, I have wanted them to change their name and honor their new State, New Jersey. Apparently, with the disfunction in albany (Ny's capitol), I cant even get my state senator to bring this to the senate.
    The New York Jets- do not pay Taxes in NY, do not pay rents in NY, USED to be a New York Team...until they decided to sign a 99 YEAR lease with New Jersey.
    Now I understand, they do not want to loose their NY fan base, and they want to be associated with NY- but unless they give NY some money- any parades should be held a'la the NJ Devils, in a parkinglot !
    And I love this team- win ,lose, tie or die... But do not give New Yawkers some baloney story...

Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Choke ... gasp ... I actually have to agree with Pagan here. The Yankees themselves are not loudmouths (maybe A-Rod?). But the coverage they get and their fans? Definitely loudmouths!

You're so preaching to the choir, man. I don't get the city's fascination with Rocky either.

I mean the movies are good, but really? To form an entire city identity around a low-budget Sylvester Stallone flick?? And people wonder why Philly gets dissed ....

Hey now in fairness, bashing New York is never off topic. That's always fair game!
    Is it snowing somewhere where it shouldn't be ?

Heck this is like me and Pagan being on the same page...

Post Thanks / Like

(pagan could have come up with a funny fat joke here)
    Guels, I don't have to. The NY Post wrote an article about him showing that he consumes SEVEN THOUSAND CALORIES A DAY! That's more than my WEEKLY intake!

Man, that's insane.

Now please, there are plenty of NY loudmouths-
    • Jet Fans
    • Met Fans
    • Mayor Guilliani
    • Kerry Rhodes
    • Pagan
    • Gueli
    • The NY Post sports writers
    • Howard stern (who was so loud, that he was heard as the #1 Morning personality coast to coast, until he got over 7 million people to PAY to hear him on Satellite radio)
    Hey...leave Goomba Rudy out of this!

And actually, I'm quite soft spoken. It's my bass guitar that's loud.

And UGH...Stern? O&A kill him.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Guels, I don't have to. The NY Post wrote an article about him showing that he consumes SEVEN THOUSAND CALORIES A DAY! That's more than my WEEKLY intake!
    Bro (to coin a phrase ) if you're only eating 1,000 calories a day you're going to be dead soon!

Healthy adult males should eat 2,200 calories a day. Granted, not 7,000 but still!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

And actually, I'm quite soft spoken. It's my bass guitar that's loud.

And UGH...Stern? O&A kill him.
    Yeah, O&A were so popular in LA, Philly, detroit, etc- sure they kill him. heck thanks to sterns revenue stream Sirius merged with XM. When O&A came back to regular radio- they lasted less than a year, they couldn't pull ratings in morning drive- Stern left the airwaves on top of his game, with the #1 morning show (despite the FCC) in EVERY makrket he was in. Just look at the ratings book friend- tell me where O&A fell in their Morning drive when they were on ? I always hear a lot from O&A fans, but they are not listed as the airwaves badboy. Heck outside the NY metro area...they arent listed. Also remember when stern went to Sirius, sirius had about 600K subs, before the merger they had well over 7 Million, now at 20 mil +. Yeah, sure O&A have quite the draw.

Heck, I put myself on that list too. We speak loudest here

Post Thanks / Like

In this order....

Colts (Love that Peyton Manning guy)
    Saints
    Jets
    Vikings (Can't stand Favre)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, O&A were so popular in LA, Philly, detroit, etc- sure they kill him. heck thanks to sterns revenue stream Sirius merged with XM. When O&A came back to regular radio- they lasted less than a year, they couldn't pull ratings in morning drive- Stern left the airwaves on top of his game, with the #1 morning show (despite the FCC) in EVERY makrket he was in. Just look at the ratings book friend- tell me where O&A fell in their Morning drive when they were on ? I always hear a lot from O&A fans, but they are not listed as the airwaves badboy. Heck outside the NY metro area...they arent listed. Also remember when stern went to Sirius, sirius had about 600K subs, before the merger they had well over 7 Million, now at 20 mil +. Yeah, sure O&A have quite the draw.

Heck, I put myself on that list too. We speak loudest here
    I'll address the bold part, and if we want to continue this it's for another thread.

The Knack had a multiplatinum album that was AMAZINGLY popular.

I'd still rather listen to Iron Maiden. Better music.

Ratings in America mean nothing. The American public - for the most part - doesn't know talent from its own elbow.

We're talking a nation that made "Jon & Kate Plus 8" a top rated TV show...and the Jonas Brothers, Kid Rock and Kanye West rich.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: