Quantcast For Those With No Dog In the Fight ... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Of the four remaining NFL playoff teams, who do you most want to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts

12 27.91%
  • Minnesota Vikings

8 18.60%
  • New Orleans Saints

19 44.19%
  • New York Jets

4 9.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I chose the Saints...

Vikings: As I have vehemently stated since the start of the season..no way, no how..

Jets: Can't cheer for a team from New York.

Colts: I love his commercials, but am sick of him being pampered by the league

Saints: N.O. can really use something to cheer about, and it's somebody new.

Not sure how much I will watch. Will be fishing on the hard water all weekend.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    As someone who has seen the torment of Eagles fans, I think Jets fans come in a close second in terms of torment. They are treated as second rate in their own city and have had their heart broken by their team many times.
    Hey at least the Jets have won a Super Bowl!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Jets: Can't cheer for a team from New York.
    The Jets are from New Jersey.

But just out of curiosity, why not?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

No I did not vote

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hey at least the Jets have won a Super Bowl!
    Yes, when I was in Diapers...

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Thank You, since they moved the teams training facility, I wish they would just adopt the state where they play ...

To all of you who can't stand the Jets- wether its for personal reasons, or because of their brash coach-
    Its OK, I forgive you

J
    E
    T
    S
    JETS JETS JETS

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Remember when you were surprised by my saying that I didn't know people hated the Phillies?

Think about that conversation ....

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Yes, when I was in Diapers...
    The Eagles last NFL Championship (notice I didn't say Super Bowl win) was in 1960. John F. Kennedy was still alive. My parents had never met. I'm not even sure disposable diapers had been invented yet!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Remember when you were surprised by my saying that I didn't know people hated the Phillies?

Think about that conversation ....
    Yea, but I think that had more to do with rivalry and/or geographic location. DAKustodial (from Philly) said...
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKustodial View Post
    I voted for the Saints, only because I have reasons to dislike both the Vikings (Favre) and the Jets (New York team).
    I understand why he or you or someone from Boston might hate all NY teams, but M_M_Dad is from Wisconsin, just curiuos to know why he hates New York (and apparently New Jersey. )
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

This is really tough for me this year. The only team I don't want at all is the Jets. Bleh.

Normally I wouldn't pull for the Saints, as they are a division rival of my team and I think the 'Who dat?' nation is pretty annoying. But, after a very entertaining meeting with Drew Brees, I can't help but pull for him.

The Vikings are a team that were never even on the radar for me until this year, so I normally wouldn't pull for them either, but the Brett Favre equation makes it very interesting for me. They were debating his legacy on Mike & Mike this morning, and I didn't realize that if he wins this year, he'll not only be the only QB to win the Super Bowl from two different teams, but also the only one to win in his 40s. I can't help but pull for that. Plus, I think it's pretty awesome what a great year he's had. I personally think all the "is he, isn't he?" is totally blown up by the media every year.

But ultimately I probably want the Colts to win it all. Jim Caldwell is the former head coach at Wake Forest, so I'd like to see him do well, and we've liked Peyton from his UT days. Plus, he's darn funny. "Ohhhh, "cut" cut." And my youngest is a huge fan.

So yeah.....Saints. Vikings. Colts. Yeah...Colts.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted Saints although I would be fine with the Jets or Favre winning.

Anyone but the Colts...

How anyone prefers them over the others is beyond me? And here is why

1.Saints and Vikings have never won the big game. Jets have not had a ring since 1968.

2. The Colts averaged 35,000 fans until they won the Super Bowl three years ago, even with Peyton .Can you say bandwagon?

3. Are they "Down to Earth"or is it small market lack of coverage? We are all finally finding out the truth behind Marvin Harrison, ironically the NFL kept that one under wraps until he left the Colts. Perhaps it would have been revealed sooner if he played in New York, or Chicago?

4. The way they mailed it in the last two weeks of the season.

5. Peyton Manning is way too smug. How he petitions the officials every game is old.

6. And the private reason being, those Tennesseans who cheer for the Colts becuase of Manning. A) Peyton is not from Tennessee. B) Do UT fans cheer for the Saints because of Marvin Mitchell? or the Phins because of David Martin...NO.

Anyways I know I am a little overboard but what the heck I cannot help myself. Down with the Colts and the bandwagon they drove in on!

No I do not believe 8 people would actually prefer them over the Saints. I think we have some Colts fans how are bending the rules....like the guy who voted although he lives in Indiana.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Being a Vikings fan all my life I would just like to at least see them in the Superbowl plus win it of course. I was born in 73' so obviously I don't remember when they were in the superbowl in 74', 75', and 77'. I honestly don't think we would have done near as good without Favre.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Being a Vikings fan all my life I would just like to at least see them in the Superbowl plus win it of course.
    Remember, this poll is for those whose team ISN'T still alive.

Post Thanks / Like

"For those with no dog in the fight", interesting choice of words.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Remember, this poll is for those whose team ISN'T still alive.
    Yeah I figured that out after I read the poll question and voted.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

The Yanks have really made me dislike NY/NJ teams. But my all time favorite hoops team has always been the Willis Reed, cool clyde frazier lead Knicks. They were the original prime time. So I do have a warm spot for NY/NJ going back quite a ways.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Yea, but I think that had more to do with rivalry and/or geographic location. DAKustodial (from Philly) said...
    I understand why he or you or someone from Boston might hate all NY teams, but M_M_Dad is from Wisconsin, just curiuos to know why he hates New York (and apparently New Jersey. )
    You do realize that the vast majority of Americans find New York and New Yorkers really irritating, right?

I mean, this isn't a surprise to you is it?
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    The Yanks have really made me dislike NY/NJ teams.
    OK, I can see how the Yankees could have that effect on people.

You do realize that the vast majority of Americans find New York and New Yorkers really irritating, right?

No, I suppose it isn't a suprise. I guess it's because NYC gets more attention than other places. Obviously, there are irritating people, as well as decent people, everywhere.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

no.
    look at it this way, if you only got to know us...
    this irritation would grow on you, much like a fungus
    And why would you find the City irritating ?

are you sure its not Jelousy ?
    I mean - people from around the world travel to NYC - for so many reasons- when you consider that we have world class theatres, museums, buisness centers, conventions, a pro sport team in just about every avenue that you could imagine (except football - they moved to NJ, except that they wanted to keep the New York name) why would you find it irritating ?
    We do not go around proping NYC as the #1 tourist destination, on new years its not like there are all these camera crews or some sort of party, Its not like we host an international community like the UN, its not like we call our city - the one that never sleeps- the greatest city in all the world oh wait a minute...there I go again.

Are you sure we are irritating ?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I can see how the Yankees could have that effect on people.
    I find that kinda funny. The Yanks get hated, but when you get right down to it the players handle themselves pretty classy.

The Jets on the other hand are the trendy "Cinderella" pick this year, yet they and their fans are outspoken, obnoxious, and brash even while having not won anything in over 40 years. They are pretty much the typical stereotype of what people hate about NY.

Yes Guels, I know you'll come riding in on a white horse to their defense, but even you have to admit that their mouths are running a little too much after hearing Kerry Rhodes say they're going to "bury" Peyton Manning.

I'd actually root for them as a Cinderella team if they weren't acting like the schoolyard bully that never won a fight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The Jets on the other hand ...They are pretty much the typical stereotype of what people hate about NY.

Yes Guels, I know you'll come riding in on a white horse to their defense, but even you have to admit that their mouths are running a little too much after hearing Kerry Rhodes say they're going to "bury" Peyton Manning...
    You are a little wrong here, I will not defend the OTHER jet fans...
    Many Jets fans are loud, drunk and obnoxious.
    Its not all of us, but the loud, drunk & obnoxious ones are the most visable
    and Kerry Rhodes has been talking smack all year - what you dont hear is the polite derrelle revis quotes ("I just hope I can cover them") or Jenkins (who on teammate bart scott & kery rhodes said- I wish they would stop running their mouths)

None the less
    Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Saints. As a fan of a team who has never won a Superbowl (Eagles), I'm a softie who will root for the team who hasn't won or been to the game before. At least the other three teams have made a Superbowl appearance. The Saints haven't even been there yet.

Here is my order of preference for winning -
    Saints
    Colts-Vikings- tie - Manning is just amazing, but they're won recently - Vikings never won, but the Favre retirement drama annoys me
    Jets - well, because they're the Jets - if I wasn't an Eagles fan, I'd still pick the Giants before the Jets. Sorry.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I find that kinda funny.
    Only "kinda" funny? ... it was meant to be "really" funny.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: