Quantcast For Those With No Dog In the Fight ... - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Of the four remaining NFL playoff teams, who do you most want to win the Super Bowl?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indianapolis Colts

12 27.91%
  • Minnesota Vikings

8 18.60%
  • New Orleans Saints

19 44.19%
  • New York Jets

4 9.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I agree this is such a left turn.

Lets let this forum go back to the OP

Enjoy
    oh yeah
    lets go JETS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    In this order....

Colts (Love that Peyton Manning guy)
    Saints
    Jets
    Vikings (Can't stand Favre)
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post

Anyone but the Colts...

How anyone prefers them over the others is beyond me? And here is why

1.Saints and Vikings have never won the big game. Jets have not had a ring since 1968.

2. The Colts averaged 35,000 fans until they won the Super Bowl three years ago, even with Peyton .Can you say bandwagon?

3. Are they "Down to Earth"or is it small market lack of coverage? We are all finally finding out the truth behind Marvin Harrison, ironically the NFL kept that one under wraps until he left the Colts. Perhaps it would have been revealed sooner if he played in New York, or Chicago?

4. The way they mailed it in the last two weeks of the season.

5. Peyton Manning is way too smug. How he petitions the officials every game is old.

6. And the private reason being, those Tennesseans who cheer for the Colts becuase of Manning. A) Peyton is not from Tennessee. B) Do UT fans cheer for the Saints because of Marvin Mitchell? or the Phins because of David Martin...NO.
    To respond to your "reasoning"

1. Saints and Vikes never won the Superbowl. I thought Peyton couldn't win the BIG ONE!

2. No the Old Dome's capacity was 54,000. Yes, back in the early days they had firesales on Thursday before the blackout times would kick in. But I believe I've seen everyone of Peyton's home games on TV.

3. Marvin Harrison? I thought that was cleaned up by the League right after that happened.

4. Why are you upset they mailed it in? The Colts Lost! You should be happy. They mailed it in because they could. Won the DIVISION and the Conference by week 15. Us fans were the ones to be mad b/c they didn't go for perfection

5. So he is the only one who petitions officials?

6. Hey, we agree on something. Let's keep those hideous orange jerseys out of Indianapolis

Actually, I see where you are coming from. When Tennessee was in the Super Bowl they were the last team I would ever root for.

Here's to your team that they could win more games next year and make the Colts have to play the final two games to go 16-0.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    To respond to your "reasoning"

1. Saints and Vikes never won the Superbowl. I thought Peyton couldn't win the BIG ONE!

2. No the Old Dome's capacity was 54,000. Yes, back in the early days they had firesales on Thursday before the blackout times would kick in. But I believe I've seen everyone of Peyton's home games on TV.

3. Marvin Harrison? I thought that was cleaned up by the League right after that happened.

4. Why are you upset they mailed it in? The Colts Lost! You should be happy. They mailed it in because they could. Won the DIVISION and the Conference by week 15. Us fans were the ones to be mad b/c they didn't go for perfection

5. So he is the only one who petitions officials?

6. Hey, we agree on something. Let's keep those hideous orange jerseys out of Indianapolis

Actually, I see where you are coming from. When Tennessee was in the Super Bowl they were the last team I would ever root for.

Here's to your team that they could win more games next year and make the Colts have to play the final two games to go 16-0.
    Its about time you responded...too bad much of it is misinformed

1. I am not exactly sure what point your trying to make here. I merely stated the facts. I never said Peyton did not win the big one. I simply pointed out that the other teams have not.

2. I took those numbers striaght out of the Indianapolis papers. Until the Super Bowl year the Colts were destined for LA.

3. Nope consider it re-opened just last week a witness came forward. It was on a lengthy interview with SportsCenter. He saw Harrison fire the shots.

4. Yur right on this one but its just another excuse to loath you guys.

5. No but for an "all-pro and stand up guy" it is irritatiing. I think Peyton gets a free pass on being a bit of a brat.

6. Yeah I guess you would think so, but since a guy in that color saved your franchise, maybe you could forgive them, fact. Plus since you don't really have any college football there anymore maybe all of your state should adopt the Vols.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

3. Nope consider it re-opened just last week a witness came forward. It was on a lengthy interview with SportsCenter. He saw Harrison fire the shots.

Ok being from a "big" market town
    what is this about ?
    I have not heard of it, but I also do not follow everyone as much as I should...

Post Thanks / Like

Back a couple of years ago when Harrison was mixed up in some gunplay at a local establishment he was dissmissed from the case as not being involved. This was in spite of the fact that the police were able to prove it was his gun.
    Now just last week an eyewitness has come forward reporting that Harrison was in fact the shooter of Dwight Dixon who escaped injured. A GQ article and Sportscenter piece have interviewed various sources. Looks like something may finally stick to one of the "goody goody" (ex) Colts.

Post Thanks / Like

2. I took those numbers striaght out of the Indianapolis papers. Until the Super Bowl year the Colts were destined for LA.

6. Yeah I guess you would think so, but since a guy in that color saved your franchise, maybe you could forgive them, fact. Plus since you don't really have any college football there anymore maybe all of your state should adopt the Vols.
    #2 those were season ticket holders at 35,000 (still sell outs). Move to LA as late as 2006? They needed and GOT funding for new stadium. That was what they were after all along. It's called leverage

#3 An eyewitness that comes forth 3 years later? I'll agree everything about this is fishy but when the guy NEVER spoke to the media his entire time here the organization or his agent did the talking.

#6 IU and football doesn't equate. Purdue maybe in a few years again. ND is back on track now that they got a real College coach. They'll be back as soon as next year. What about Vandy and UT? UT lost Lane Kiffin after one year.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

5. No but for an "all-pro and stand up guy" it is irritatiing. I think Peyton gets a free pass on being a bit of a brat.
    I actually agree with you on this. In fact, it applies to both Mannings if you ask me. Eli was a total snot with that whole, "I'm not playing in San Diego" tantrum he had. As if he had proven something already and earned the right to pick his team just because his last name was Manning?

And the one thing that drives me nuts about Peyton is that he should be called for a false start on every single play. He gets the entire team set in their stances and then all of a sudden he jumps up and runs around and all his lineman are shifting and everything. How is that allowed??
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    As if he had proven something already and earned the right to pick his team just because his last name was Manning?
    Apparently that was the case, about the name anyway.

Hey, I like them (Peyton moreso than Eli though, just because he has more personality). There are a lot worse people my boys could look up to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    #2 those were season ticket holders at 35,000 (still sell outs). Move to LA as late as 2006? They needed and GOT funding for new stadium. That was what they were after all along. It's called leverage

#3 An eyewitness that comes forth 3 years later? I'll agree everything about this is fishy but when the guy NEVER spoke to the media his entire time here the organization or his agent did the talking.

#6 IU and football doesn't equate. Purdue maybe in a few years again. ND is back on track now that they got a real College coach. They'll be back as soon as next year. What about Vandy and UT? UT lost Lane Kiffin after one year.
    2. You read the facts just search LA Colts..it was very close.
    3. You again, read the articles very damaging to Marvin
    4. No comment neaded here... Whens the last time any Indiana football team has been relavent? I will answer it been more than a decade. Tennessee has at least been relavent since then. Vandy, well they won a bowl game last year.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the Manning mythos...bet you never heard aboput this(snip)
    Seems like this was shoved under the carpet quickly.

Look I have nothing against the Manning's my ire is aimed at the bandwagon processional that is the Colts fanbase.

Every team has their bad apples, everyone makes mistakes. It seems to me though that nothing ever sticks to the Mannings
    Last edited by Jeff; 01-27-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Outside Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I actually agree with you on this. In fact, it applies to both Mannings if you ask me. Eli was a total snot with that whole, "I'm not playing in San Diego" tantrum he had. As if he had proven something already and earned the right to pick his team just because his last name was Manning?

And the one thing that drives me nuts about Peyton is that he should be called for a false start on every single play. He gets the entire team set in their stances and then all of a sudden he jumps up and runs around and all his lineman are shifting and everything. How is that allowed??
    As for Eli...this is why I never cared for Elway either.

As to your question...it is because it's Peyton. It is the same reason even Brett Favre gets clobbered below the ankles last week and their is no call. But Peyton no sir, if Kyle Vanden Bosch even looks at his ankles its 15 yards.

Post Thanks / Like

As for Eli...this is why I never cared for Elway either.
    But he screwed the Colts, you should have liked that.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    But he screwed the Colts, you should have liked that.
    Good point but alas the Baltimore Colts raised no ire with me...they actually had good fans.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: