Quantcast Number of people in 2 bedroom villa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Number of people in 2 bedroom villa

Can someone answer a question for me--does the 2 bedroom villa at BLT hold 9 plus one under 3, or 8 plus one under 3?
    Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2 bedroom has a king size bed in the main bedroom, two full size beds in the 2nd bedroom (if it is a dedicated 2 bedroom - if not there will be a sleeper sofa and a full bed) and a full size sleeper sofa with a sleeper chair.
    So, 9 people can fit and a child under 3.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I guess what I should have asked was how many people are allowed by Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by magicjasb View Post
    Thank you. I guess what I should have asked was how many people are allowed by Disney.
    From http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/...as/default.asp

The Two Bedroom Villas: The Two-Bedroom Villas have an additional bedroom with a private bath, one queen size bed, and a double sleeper sofa. The larger villas accommodate eight adults, plus one child under 3. The Master suite has a king size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a fully-equipped kitchenette, dining area, ceiling fans in living room and each bedroom, stack-style washer and dryer, microwave, wet bar, cable, color TV with DVD player in the living room and color TV in each bedroom, queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room and a private balcony or porch.
    So Disney's rule is eight adults, plus a child under 3.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is from DVC member services web site for a 2-bedroom at BLT (it's the same number for a 2-bedroom lock-off):

Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Home
    •Three full bathrooms
    Sleeps up to nine
    •Master bedroom suite with king-size bed and connecting bathroom with whirlpool tub
    •Second bedroom with separate bathroom and two queen-size beds
    •Queen-size sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in living room
    •Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and the second bedroom
    •Full kitchen includes: coffeemaker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
    •Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
    •Private balcony or porch
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

The 2 bedroom villas at BLT and the Kidani section at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas can hold 9......And they have 3 bathrooms!

Post Thanks / Like

This is where I am confused. I know the DVC says 8 plus one under 3. Then BLT says sleeps 9, where the others say sleeps 8. Is that 8 plus one, or is it 9 plus one? Am I making sense?

Post Thanks / Like

All the DVC 2BR villas sleep adults and one child under 3. Some choose to market that as sleeps 8 adults plus a child under 3 and some just choose to say sleeps 9.

But none of them, to the best of my knowledge, sleeps 10 total.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. That answers my question!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, not really....Disney allows you to make a reservation for 6 adults and 4 children at BLT in a two-bedroom suite, if one of the children is 2 or under. We planned exactly such a trip for later this year....even called after trying it on their website, and was assured that so long as the infant or toddler would use the Pack and Play that is already in each 2 BR suites.....BLT 2 BDRM's have 1 King in the master BR, 2 queens in the 2nd BR, and one queen sleeper and 1 arm chair sleeper...Plus a Pack and Play...
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    Well, not really....Disney allows you to make a reservation for 6 adults and 4 children at BLT in a two-bedroom suite, if one of the children is 2 or under. We planned exactly such a trip for later this year....even called after trying it on their website, and was assured that so long as the infant or toddler would use the Pack and Play that is already in each 2 BR suites.....BLT 2 BDRM's have 1 King in the master BR, 2 queens in the 2nd BR, and one queen sleeper and 1 arm chair sleeper...Plus a Pack and Play...
    Exactly, I think BLT and Kidani 2-bedrooms can sleep 9 adults PLUS a child 2 or under because they have the sleeper chairs and they have the Pack and Play already stashed in the closet. The other DVC resorts do not have the sleeper chairs, as far as I know, so they can only accommodate 8 adults. I think that's where the confusion is.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at a 2 bedroom at BLT in July. We have 6 adults, 3 children (ages 3,6,8) and one infant (14 months) on the reservation. With three bathrooms we will be so comfortable!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. We have a 2 bedroom booked for 4 adults and 5 children, two of which are under 3. We have a friend that was thinking of joining us, but didn't know if that would not be allowed. It would be great if we could just add her to the reservation. I will call and ask.

Post Thanks / Like

With the sleeper chair added to Kidani and BLT these can sleep 9. I cannot see why you could not sleep 9 PLUS a child under 3 if in the other DVC 2 bedrooms you could sleep 8 plus a child under 3.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

From the DVC member website on BLT FAQ's:

What is the maximum occupancy?
    The maximum occupancy for accommodations at Bay Lake Tower is as follows:
    Studios = up to 4*
    One-Bedrooms = up to 5*
    Two-Bedrooms = up to 9*
    Three-Bedroom Grand Villas = up to 12*
    The increased occupancy in one-bedroom and two-bedroom units are due to the addition of a sleeper chair in the living room.
    *Plus one child under age three in a crib.

So, 9 adults plus a child under 3 in a crib, so your friend can come and stay "legally" with you!
    Mike in KC

DVC Members since 5/01 (VB) & added SSR (8/04).

Been to WDW ~20 times. First DCL cruise in 2/08 (Western)

Recent Trips:
    SSR Treehouse Villas & DCL Wonder 3/10
    BLT/Florida Keys/AKLV 7/11

Upcoming trips:
    VB & VWL 7/12
    OKW 12/12 - 1/13
    VB/DCL Fantasy Eastern/AKLV 6/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    All the DVC 2BR villas sleep adults and one child under 3. Some choose to market that as sleeps 8 adults plus a child under 3 and some just choose to say sleeps 9.

But none of them, to the best of my knowledge, sleeps 10 total.
    Both BLT and AKL Kidani both sleep 9 plus a child under 3, so 10 people total.
    Mike in KC

DVC Members since 5/01 (VB) & added SSR (8/04).

Been to WDW ~20 times. First DCL cruise in 2/08 (Western)

Recent Trips:
    SSR Treehouse Villas & DCL Wonder 3/10
    BLT/Florida Keys/AKLV 7/11

Upcoming trips:
    VB & VWL 7/12
    OKW 12/12 - 1/13
    VB/DCL Fantasy Eastern/AKLV 6/13

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: