Quantcast Castle lit up all night?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Castle lit up all night?

I don't know if this is the right place to post, but this has been bugging me since we got back so I wanted to ask it. We spent nine nights at the CR theme park view (Jan 1-10) and had a gorgeous view of the castle. I had always believed that the castle stayed lit up all night and the tour on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour confirmed this. However, when we got up at night (usually around 3 when Mom's pain medicine for her RA ran out), the lights on the castle were always turned off. Other lights at the MK was on, but the castle was off in the middle of the night. The guide said it was probably just a one-night thing where they were doing maintenance, but it happened every night. I thought maybe they were removing the Christmas lights, but they were still lit when we left. It's no big deal (I don't imagine a lot of people are up at that time!) but made me curious! So I came to the experts!
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

When we were at WDW last September, staying at the POLY and the times that we did wake up during the night the Castle was always illuminated.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default I hope so!

I really hope that the castle will be lit. When I was young staying at the Contemporary my parents would leave the drapes open and the castle was my night light.

This March we are staying at BLT (MK view) and although I don't need a night light, I hope it is still lit for my family!
    Jamie
    DVC Boardwalk '99
    "Hang on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

WDW 77 times
    DL 1 (2002)
    DLP 1(2008
    DCL 2 (04, 06)
    Trip to Europe with a stop at Disneyland Paris!
    Last Trip: March 2010 at BLT (MK view)
    Next Trip??? But I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

INTERESTING...the last few time that we were some of the last persons leaving...like the park closes at midnight, but main street is open until 1am...at 1am or a wee bit later...the lights were off...actually I was there once when they turned the lights off around 12:15am...when I asked a CM...she explained that it helped empty the park as people would see the lights out and it's time to leave.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: