Quantcast complaint department?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default complaint department?

How do you contact Disney for complaints and what has been your experience in the past with them handling them. We just go back from a Christmas week at BLT and while overall had a great time there were 3 big issues that were extremely non-Disney and disturbing. I wanted to write a formal letter of complaint but don't know who to send it too. My DVC contact maybe? This may not be the right forum for this question I'm sorry. Has anyone else noticed a slipping in the usual Disney service with their recent trips? Overall it was extremely disappointning- I'll detail it in a future post...
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candleshoe View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a slipping in the usual Disney service with their recent trips?
    Wha wha wha? Disney Quality slipping? I'm SHOCKED!

NOT!

You can start with your guide, I've always just used the main [email protected] for anything, they tend to forward it on appropriately. I would be persistent... and make sure you outline what you expect. If you don't indicate you want to hear back (and provide information to do so) chances are you won't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Wha wha wha? Disney Quality slipping? I'm SHOCKED!

NOT!

You can start with your guide, I've always just used the main [email protected] for anything, they tend to forward it on appropriately. I would be persistent... and make sure you outline what you expect. If you don't indicate you want to hear back (and provide information to do so) chances are you won't.
    ditto.

three trips ago we had an issue at POR. i was very specific - names, dates, even times and said that i wanted to be contacted asap. three weeks later i received a phone call and even wound up being refunded one night. the issue warranted that though so don't expect money back.

sorry you have to deal with this! i agree that there has been a bit of a slip in customer service at WDW. that being said, the worst experience at WDW is often better than the best treatment i get someplace else including my local pathmark!

DH and i are taking our son on january 24th for a week. he will be 7 months then. i'm super nervous about it so i'm hoping that everything else goes smoothly, including disney service.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Disney. I would definately use the link and be as detailed with your experience as you can. I did have a huge issue one year especially with Disney transportation with a wheelchair. I used that link and listed times/dates and names in my email. I recieved a phone call within a week. They do take your complaints seriously and will forward your concerns to the proper department. The lady I spoke to was sympathetic to the situation and let me know that my email was forwarded to several managers. I also started the letter with how much I LOVE Disney and what it means to me and my family and ended my letter with some cast member names who made some magical moments during the trip so the whole e-mail was not a complaint. I hope that helps some... and let us know if you hear back from them.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

Like the other replies to your posting, I'm sorry to hear that there were "anomalies" to your vacation time. I think it's safe to assume that most Disneyphiles have experienced moments when the magic had waned a bit. You should know that Cast Members are occasionally required to be "re-dusted" through the "traditions" experience. It sorta "reboots" the Mickey Mainframe, if you will...

But...let's take a closer look for you and others who might read this and wonder how to best handle a situation that leaves you (or the family) feelin' a mite Grumpy...

First, no mater where you are on property, there is someone who is concerned with your experience even if you feel that the person you are presently dealing with isn't. These folk were once known in Disneyspeak as "Leads" (for the importance of their "role"), but today they will often be referred to as Area Managers, etc. Here's the most important point, though... Unlike the dissatisfaction you might have build-up at home over the lack of "power" your new vacuum has, your dissatisfaction has more "clout" and "import" if you seek out someone to speak with "in the moment". The reason, of course, is both simple and obvious.... complaints made "on the spot" are not in the best interest of business and warrant a more immediate response. Once you're home, well.... you're home. And to be honest, I haven't heard of many folks being flown back to Adventureland for an apology....

In general, Cast Members are really wonderful people... They're a lot like Doctors and Teachers... (hint, hint...) they want the best experience for everyone. Countless CM's go through their entire Disney work experience without ever raising the ire of a Resort or Day Guest. They deserve our thanks, appreciation and admiration. However, if you honestly feel that someone hasn't shown you or someone else the courtesy and respect due, take the time to rectify the matter then and there.

Oh... and have a great time during your next trip.... There's always another trip..!
    CBR- June 28 - July 6, 1999, August 22 - 31, 2000, August 21 - 30, 2001, August 20 - 27, 2002, August 17 - 25, 2004, August 17 - 23, 2005, August 21 - 29, 2007
    ASSp- June 2 - 5, 2008
    CBR - August 18 - 22, 2008
    CBR - October 16 - 20, 2008
    Pop - February 17 - 20, 2010
    ASMu - April 16 - 21, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

My experiences at Disney are usually positives and once in a while is there an issue that needs addressing. I do hold Disney to a higher standard as we are paying for that treatment, and that is one of the big reasons I go there. there are many reasons to go of course, but the service is usually unparalleled.
    When we encounter a negative situation that needs to be addressed, we find someone to have it taken care of. This does two things: It fixes your immediate problem and makes you feel better about it, and secondly, it hopefully avoids the same situation being repeated for someone else.
    Here is a good example of how things have been "fixed" for me:
    A few years ago a group of 6 of us went to Akershus in Norway for Dinner. We arrived for our reservation and were seated. We waited about 15 minutes before anyone came to our table. A server saw that we had not had drink orders yet and said she would find our server. 10 minutes later, another server came to us and did the same. We asked for the manager. The manager came out and looked at our seating time card and saw that we had waited for 25 minutes without having our drink orders or had gotten food. The manager apologized and said that she our meals were on the house and that she insisted we have dessert and drinks.
    We were assigned a new server and had learned that the young lady that was supposed to serve our table had left for the day without telling anyone.
    The server that had to pick up the slack for her co worker leaving was awarded a HUGE tip from us as we didn't want the free meal, but just wanted the problem corrected. It still worked out to our benefit, but the server was very happy to receive a tip of a hundred dollars.
    Whenever I have had a problem, Disney has done a very good job fixing problems. I rarely complain about things tough. I'm usually writing Disney for great CM customer service.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the input- I've copied the email that I sent to my DVC contact a few days ago. (See below) As you can see, we did try to fix all of these problems at the time of the visit and while one of it did finally get resolved (the baggage cart issue), it was only with great pains and the manager not giving a very disney-like attitude towards the whole thing. Let me tell you, I am NOT one to complain and am always the 1st one to defend the Disney customer service to the end- I tell stories all the time about how they seem to go the extra mile and it's what keeps me coming back. That's what made these incidences that more upsetting. One isolated I could understand, but these were 3 things all in one week- all unlike anything I have ever experienced in Disney. We were postulating that part of it is an issue with BLT going through growing pains and not really being a distinct resort but run more like an outcropping of the Contemporary. I don't know, but I'm hoping it was just unbelievable bad luck. On a happy side, my DVC contact replied almst immediately, the middle of the day on a holiday (new years day)- saying that she is immediately forwarding my email to the appropriate people and she wants me to contact her as soon as I hear back from them. Anyhoo, here is the email that I sent, which goes into some detail as to what the issues were....

<<Hi!

We just got back from our Christmas week at the grand villa at BLT. Overall it was awesome, but unfortunately we had 3 separate customer service incidents that really left me sour. I've been going to Disney all my life and never had reason to complain, and now 3 separate incidents all happened in the course of 1 week- it was extremely disappointing. I was wondering if you could tell me who to direct my complaints to. I'll try to briefly summarize each issue:

1) The automatic blinds in the room didin't work. 1 of the big selling points of the grand villa is the full 2 floor window with the great view- one of the shades was stuck 1/2 way up. I noticed it within an hour of arrival and called maintenance. Someone came, played with the button, then left, never to be seen again. I called 2 days later (Wed Dec 23) and spoke to a manager- she ended up telling me that they needed a part and it would be shipped Friday. No one ever bothered to tell me this until now, and it meant our whole week went by without working shades- we never saw anyone come in to fix it. Her attitude was. "Oh well." Disappointing that a resort only a few months old already was having maintenance issues and they couldn't resolve mine the entire week I was there.

2) We had a "Neverland" christmas tree delievered by the Disney boutique. With it came a card that said to contact bell services for easy shipping home (see attached card I saved). Bell service had no idea what we were talking about and said they had never seen these cards before. After several calls and discussions/arguments with bell services/floral & gifts who seemed to be clueless on this whole thing, we ended up spending an hour on Christmas day taking every single fragile ornament off the tree ourselves, wrapping them in tissue paper, and dissembling the tree that we stuffed into our car (luckily we drove down.)

3) The last day I wanted a luggage cart to carry the luggage down. This is a very long story, but they gave us an extremely hard time about getting a cart wihtout a bellhop.I spoke at length with a manager named Steve. It's not a money thing, I'm not cheap, i simply like to do things and pack things in my own time for check out. They gave several lame excuses why they could not do this, such as a safety issue. This one is an obvious lie as at the value and moderate resorts they are more than happy to let you lug your own baggage. Are they implying that they only care about the safety of their luxury guests? I know it is simply that they were nickel and diming me and wanted a few extra bucks for the bellhop. It was made clear when the manager finally said, in a condescending tone, "Fine. I will send a NON-TIPPING cast member to your room with a cart." WHom, by the way, I did tip and she was very grateful. He made it clear that he was doing me some super-big favor and never to expect it again. His exact words "Don't ever expect us to do this again".

I can certainly give you more details on these incidents if you want, especially the last one as I was so upset I wrote down the entire conversation as soon as I got off the phone with Steve.>>
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

I love my WDW but I have had moments every now and again. Our most recent issue was not that big of a deal - I had bought some of the packaged popcorn one day, and loved it (Cheddar Ranch, if you want to try it!). For our drive home, I decided to get another bag to "ease the withdrawl" LOL. Well it tasted funny.....so I looked and it had expired 2 days previous. I emailed Disney, just to ask that they check dates on food. Imagine my surprise when I recieved a call from management apologizing and telling me they would send me some more in the mail!!!! I received 2 bags the next week, nice and fresh. All this for a not so good bag of popcorn. I guess at least the managers do a great job of addressing complaints! Good luck!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candleshoe View Post
    Thanks for all the input- I've copied the email that I sent to my DVC contact a few days ago. (See below) As you can see, we did try to fix all of these problems at the time of the visit and while one of it did finally get resolved (the baggage cart issue), it was only with great pains and the manager not giving a very disney-like attitude towards the whole thing. Let me tell you, I am NOT one to complain and am always the 1st one to defend the Disney customer service to the end- I tell stories all the time about how they seem to go the extra mile and it's what keeps me coming back. That's what made these incidences that more upsetting. One isolated I could understand, but these were 3 things all in one week- all unlike anything I have ever experienced in Disney. We were postulating that part of it is an issue with BLT going through growing pains and not really being a distinct resort but run more like an outcropping of the Contemporary. I don't know, but I'm hoping it was just unbelievable bad luck. On a happy side, my DVC contact replied almst immediately, the middle of the day on a holiday (new years day)- saying that she is immediately forwarding my email to the appropriate people and she wants me to contact her as soon as I hear back from them. Anyhoo, here is the email that I sent, which goes into some detail as to what the issues were....

<<Hi!

We just got back from our Christmas week at the grand villa at BLT. Overall it was awesome, but unfortunately we had 3 separate customer service incidents that really left me sour. I've been going to Disney all my life and never had reason to complain, and now 3 separate incidents all happened in the course of 1 week- it was extremely disappointing. I was wondering if you could tell me who to direct my complaints to. I'll try to briefly summarize each issue:

1) The automatic blinds in the room didin't work. 1 of the big selling points of the grand villa is the full 2 floor window with the great view- one of the shades was stuck 1/2 way up. I noticed it within an hour of arrival and called maintenance. Someone came, played with the button, then left, never to be seen again. I called 2 days later (Wed Dec 23) and spoke to a manager- she ended up telling me that they needed a part and it would be shipped Friday. No one ever bothered to tell me this until now, and it meant our whole week went by without working shades- we never saw anyone come in to fix it. Her attitude was. "Oh well." Disappointing that a resort only a few months old already was having maintenance issues and they couldn't resolve mine the entire week I was there.

2) We had a "Neverland" christmas tree delievered by the Disney boutique. With it came a card that said to contact bell services for easy shipping home (see attached card I saved). Bell service had no idea what we were talking about and said they had never seen these cards before. After several calls and discussions/arguments with bell services/floral & gifts who seemed to be clueless on this whole thing, we ended up spending an hour on Christmas day taking every single fragile ornament off the tree ourselves, wrapping them in tissue paper, and dissembling the tree that we stuffed into our car (luckily we drove down.)

3) The last day I wanted a luggage cart to carry the luggage down. This is a very long story, but they gave us an extremely hard time about getting a cart wihtout a bellhop.I spoke at length with a manager named Steve. It's not a money thing, I'm not cheap, i simply like to do things and pack things in my own time for check out. They gave several lame excuses why they could not do this, such as a safety issue. This one is an obvious lie as at the value and moderate resorts they are more than happy to let you lug your own baggage. Are they implying that they only care about the safety of their luxury guests? I know it is simply that they were nickel and diming me and wanted a few extra bucks for the bellhop. It was made clear when the manager finally said, in a condescending tone, "Fine. I will send a NON-TIPPING cast member to your room with a cart." WHom, by the way, I did tip and she was very grateful. He made it clear that he was doing me some super-big favor and never to expect it again. His exact words "Don't ever expect us to do this again".

I can certainly give you more details on these incidents if you want, especially the last one as I was so upset I wrote down the entire conversation as soon as I got off the phone with Steve.>>
    curious if you ever heard something from disney.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm actually interested to hear if you've ever gotten a response. As a BLT owner I'm a little upset to hear how things are running thus far ......
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm actually interested to hear if you've ever gotten a response. As a BLT owner I'm a little upset to hear how things are running thus far ......
    DVC was very good about getting back to me. I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with the representatitve explaining everything in detail. He said that his job is too forward these details to the upper powers-that-be so that corrections can be made and this should never happen again. BUT, basically that's where it ends I shouldn't expect any further contact or feedback. No compensation was offered and I didn't ask for any and I don't think it was in their power to do so...
    He did shed light on the luggage cart incident explaining that it is, in fact , about the money- the bellhops are union and it's in the company policy that if there is any potential tipping situation they HAVE to send a bellhop. I told him that while I don't like that answer at least I could respect the honesty in it instead of the CM feeding me lines and trying to deceive me about the real reason. There was basically a lot of customer service/communication failures. Given that I have a significant 50 year investment in BLT I hope that this was just some crazy weird bunch of coincidences. One thing my wife mentioned too, which was true...she feels that even though BLT is right next to MK, she doesn't fet that "wow" when she enters it- mostly due to the fact that there's no lobby just a little reception room. It lacks that festive feel of the lobbies at boardwalk, AK, FW, GF, pretty much everywhere else. She says it doesn't really feel like you're in Disney but just another nice hotel that happens to be inside WDW if that makes any snese- it did to me when I thought about it...
    I also have realized that it's pretty difficult to stay anywhere else except your home resort as pretty much everything fills up before the 7 month period when you can resot hop. While I love BLT I joined DVC hoping I could experience all of the resorts at some point but it looks like that could be difficult wihtou wait lists and other such nonsense. Oh well. Still love Disney, always will.

Post Thanks / Like

I think all of the DVC resorts have underwhelming lobbys. Take AKL for example. Jambo House is breathtaking, while Kidani is nice.

I'd rather they not spend so much on thing that aren't needed, but I think that's what you are noticing.

Your experience with customer service is pretty much what I expected. Typical Disney these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm sorry to hear that their response was ... err ... less than magical, though.

I have to say it about mirrors the experience I had at SSR one time when I had a bad, bad experience with a cast member that I later found out was legendary in her ability to irritate guests (Hattie, I believe her name was).

Sometimes I wonder if being a DVC member is all it's cracked up to be. I kinda feel like there's a little "gotcha" on their part that relieves them of any responsibility of satisfying you as a guest.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Read If You Are Heading Down to WDW: This will bring you down

If you are headed to WDW, don't read this. It is not my intention to spoil your excitement. But,if you have been treated badly at WDW before, you may want to read this. I wish I had found this thread before I wasted over $5,000.00 this past May. DVC sales monitor Intercot: so,if I am flamed,I will assume it is someone who works at Disney.
    There was no bigger Disney fan than I. Nine new families go because of our recommendations. I never had a single complaint about ANYONE who worked at WDW. In fact, I always believed that every single cast member I ever dealt with always went well beyond any expectation I ever had. I have a son with Asperger’s Syndrome, and I credit WDW with lots of wonderful breakthroughs for him.
    Our newest “favorite” Disney hotel was the Beach Club Resort.It had casual elegance, an unbelievable pool, and unbeatable location. We had stayed at the BCR two other times without any incident.
    Our third visit to the BCR occurred this past May. Disney is advertising 2010 as the year of celebrations. What better place to go for our wedding anniversary and son’s birthday combined? And while every other place and cast member on Disney property rose to their usual above and beyond outstanding service, a few staff at the BCR ruined every single day of our stay, except one. Keep in mind, I don’t think I have ever lodged a complaint against anyone, at Disney or anywhere else.
    During our stay at the BCR this May, the staff at the hotel started our vacation by telling us in a very belligerent tone that our standard view room wasn’t ready, and check in was at 4 pm. Even though I was bewildered at the tone of voice and even though I knew check in was at 3 pm, I said, ok, just asking, no big deal. We dropped off our bags, and walked to Epcot. Hours later, while we were having a great time, I received a call telling me that our room wasn’t ready. In fact, the room that we had chosen from a list they had given us to choose from, had been trashed by people who stayed there the night before. I asked about the state of the mattresses. The manager on the phone hesitated and didn’t answer. We were then offered another standard view room instead, and we were checked in a little after 3 pm. The next day, my husband discovered that the front desk had “lost” my husband’s credit card information! He had placed a cc on our room key at check in, and was put in embarrassing situations when he discovered the room card had no charge priviledges. BCR called us and told my husband that he needed to place a cc on the room key. When he replied that he already had, he was subjected to a very nasty, smug cast member who made my husband angry enough to complain to a wonderful manager, who reimbursed my husband the amount he (the manager) deemed fair. My husband came back totally pixiedusted! Day three was great, no problem.
    Day 4, the day before our wedding anniversary, we came back from lunch to discover that my beautiful bathing suit was missing from my room! So, while my family went to see a flower power concert at Epcot, I spent the evening dealing, once again, with the BCR managers. I was reimbursed the depreciated value of my suit, because it was a year old, and I told them that. From this point on, I was getting upset at the BCR, but was trying to be a lady.
    But, now my Asperger Syndrome son is afraid to leave his camera equipment in the room: he’s afraid of theft and “people looking through my stuff”. And, my time in Stormalong Bay is gone, ½ the reason we booked at the BCR to begin with, because it seemed that finding a one piece swimsuit in my petite size on Disneyworld property was impossible while I was there.
    After the disappearance of my suit was reported to management (my suit was NEVER found), housekeeping did not give us service, which we felt was retaliatory for the complaint about the missing suit. We base this on the fact a male housekeeper told my husband in the hall, “YOU don’t want housekeeping!” very rudely, the day after we reported the suit missing. For two days, we would call housekeeping when we left the room, not to return for 6 or more hours, because we REALLY needed service. No one came. Finally, when we no longer even had toilet paper (not to mention towels, shampoo, or soap); I broke down. I asked a manager in the lobby if it was too much to expect for a Deluxe Disney resort to provide toilet paper? I burst into tears. I just wanted to go home. The manager kept telling my husband that he was too busy, with a hotel at 40% capacity, to be bothered with what he considered our small issues. He snidely accused my husband of wanting to “profit” from this situation (?!?) That night, at dinner, my son had a full meltdown at the Polynesian, where we went for dinner, and locked himself in the men’s room for hours due to the stress . A wonderful young man who worked at the front desk of the Poly helped us talk my son out of his anxiety attack and into a cab back to the BCR, where we slunk back to our room feeling horrible about being trapped there. To this day, I pray for that young man, and the waiter at Le Cellier, who was the only one to acknowledge our anniversary with two glasses of surprise champagne. No one at the BCR cared. In fact, when we told them it was our anniversary, they treated us like we wanted something. Uh, yeah, we wanted what we paid for: deluxe service. I believe everywhere on earth, that does include toilet paper!
    The same manager who was rude and insulting, continued his coercion until we went home. I cried several time in the remaining two days, particularly after said manager insinuated that there never WAS a swim suit!! I burst into tears, and gave a minute description to the Yacht Club manager, who was a lovely person who tried to comfort me. The nasty manager at the BCR made it a point to show up to crow triumphantly at our departing backs as the Magical Express drove us away. When I told this man that I intended to write a letter of complaint, he laughed and said, “Go Ahead!” in a way that told me that he knew he could act with impunity.
    He was right. I wrote no less than three letters to customer service. With the second letter, I asked to be reimbursed for the days at the hotel (minus the days the first manager reimbursed), at the discounted price that we paid and I listed. I also stated that, instead of money, I would be receptive to reimbursement in the form of another deluxe hotel stay for 5 days. I already knew that 40% capacity was considered a hardship: they had the rooms. Stupid me, I thought it would be a cheaper way for them, considering their mark up on their prices; and the fact that we usually spend tons of money on other things down there, anyway. They would still turn a profit. It would have been a way to show us that we wouldn’t be abused a second time around. I would never consider paying them another $5,000 and placing myself in their power unless they made some gesture. Had Disney shown good faith and remorse for destroying our anniversary, they would have been pleasantly surprised: it is the principle for me. No one in my family even wants to go back, and we don’t have the time anyway. Instead, the woman on the phone said they felt they did all they were interested in doing, and insinuated she had my letters, so to shut up and just take it. I found that puzzling, as I have no problem with what I put in writing at all, including the suggestion to be reimbursed. I believe that it is the right thing for them to do.
    Although the person who was delegated the responsibility of our complaint promised to call us last week, she never did. Instead, I had to email. At that, she called, and said she believed the BCR, and they felt they reimbursed us enough with the suit and the first manager. I guess when that manager at the BCR encouraged me to write my complaints, he knew nothing would be done. I guess they felt that reimbursing us for the trashed room, lost cc information, nastiness, and a missing bathing suit granted them immunity from further outrageously bad customer service! My family had to go use the pool bathroom because we weren’t even given toilet paper. At a deluxe hotel!
    We are being painted as mercenary for wanting reimbursement for the discounted price we paid for the hotel only. That’s actually funny. The BCR destroyed our vacation and celebration, and WDW doesn’t care. They didn’t back us, the guests, at all. The pixie dust bubble was popped right in front of my face.
    We had been to WDW 11 times before where nothing bad happened. Unfortunately, when things did go wrong, WDW did not feel accountable for our time, effort, planning, money, and trust that has been destroyed by some of their BCR staff. The woman on the phone even had the nerve to tell me, smugly, that they would continue to take our money for future trips.When I said it for what it was,they just want our money, she said, “Yup”. Needless to say, I have informed my travel agents. They said , “YOU, of all people, have a problem with Disney??’, and after listening, told me Disney’s behavior toward me and mine was disgusting.
    I hope no one here ever experiences what we did. But, I’d like to hear about it if anyone else was ever treated this badly.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Faline. It broke our hearts. We loved Disney, and we don't understand why they treated us like this.

BCR 05/10
    BCR 10/09
    BCR 4/09
    PCR 9/08
    Tropical Palms (off property / RV) 4/08
    FWC 3/08
    YCR 12/06
    PCR 9/06
    PCR 5/05
    POR 9/04
    CBR 9/03
    AKL 5/01

Post Thanks / Like

That's horrible, I'm very sorry! Disney has always fixed any problems that happened, but on our very last trip we went to the Beach Club to eat at Beaches n Cream and had the worst experience that we've ever encountered from Disney, and it was the first time they didn't fix it. It was very disappointing and we decided that we will not return to the restaurant that we'd been visiting for years. It does not change my opinion of Disney overall, but I definitely don't feel as good about the Beach Club anymore. If you ever make it back, check out the Wilderness Lodge or Saratoga Springs. Those two resorts have always gone above and beyond in customer service. We've always had problems at every other resort except for these two. Again, wish the outcome of your trip had been better!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for responding, BellesRose
    It's nice to see such kindness from Disney fans (who still rock), even if not from certain Disney upper management,...It is my personal belief that the regular castmembers, the people who work hands on everyday with WDW fans should be the managers, and the managers should be forced to work with the fans for a little while to remember why they are working at WDW (and the regular castmembers should be getting the managers salaries, too).If that were the case, I'd return tomorrow. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the regular castmembers, and if any are reading my posts, I want to say "Thank you" for being so wonderful. It is very hard for me to accept the fact that I tried to deal with WDW management and guest relations honorably: and all that did was give them a chance to treat me with contempt.It is inexcusible. BTW, I would have loved to have tried the Wilderness Lodge,.and the Poly,..*and* Old Key West Unfortunately, I don't think I wll be going back. Whereas certain managers were all too willing to apologize verbally; they were very careful not to put anything in writing, or make good on their commitment to us as their guests.What are they so afraid of? I used to work in Customer Service, and I wouldn't have dreamed of treating people in such a seedy, dreadful way. I have been reading around on the Internet, and I was actually surprised to see other incidents posted about the BCR...somehow, I thought that I was the only one, that for some reason, we were singled out. That's too bad.

BCR 05/10
    BCR 10/09
    BCR 4/09
    PCR 9/08
    FWC 3/08
    YCR 12/06
    PCR 9/06
    PCR 5/05
    POR 9/04
    CBR 9/03
    AKL 5/01

Post Thanks / Like

BellesRose, I forgot to ask: when were you last at Beaches and Cream when this incident happened?

BCR 05/10
    BCR 10/09
    BCR 4/09
    PCR 9/08
    FWC 3/08
    YCR 12/06
    PCR 9/06
    PCR 5/05
    POR 9/04
    CBR 9/03
    AKL 5/01

Post Thanks / Like

OMG.... how terrible. Disney usually has great customer service. I hope in time you will try a different resort, or stay off property and still enjoy WDW. I was sad to hear about your horrible experience with the Beach Club resort.

I stayed at the value...All Star Movies and had wonderful experiences. I left some papers on the DME (we were the only ones on the bus). The CM checking us in went all out, called her leads and they got my papers (for the trip..all the info) and had it sent all boxed up to our room. I was so amazed. We are moving up to CBR in December and I hope they are as good as ASMO.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: