Quantcast BCV review 11/14-11/21

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BCV review 11/14-11/21

I think I have finally digested our recent stay enough to write about it! We did not use online check in, did the old fashioned way...the CM was very nice and listened to my request of a quiet room w/a view of Epcot, which we got, However, Rm 544 was not up to snuff. The balcony/chairs/table were filthy with dirt, spiders. webs and dead bugs. Disgusting! We called the front desk and complained and by the time we came back to our room it was cleaned...but the next day it was just as dirty. Must be something about the 5th floor...we'll never go higher than the 4th ever again! While we were there, our microwave broke. Stopped in the middle of breakfast-called housekeeping who said they'd be up in 5 minutes w/a replacement.....30 minutes later and still no microwave. DH calls again and she apologized and insisted they'd be at our room in 5 minutes. All the while, breakfast is waiting to be nuked. 15 minutes later the phone rings and she says maintenance is on a break and it will be another 15 minutes....finally-almost 90 minutes later the microwave is delivered..and NOT replaced! They knocked on the door and left it there for US to take care of!!!! We realized we were short a pillow and blanket for the pull our sofa....housekeeping is called and only a blanket is brought...we ask about the pillow and she says she'll be back with one...never happened! Good thing our DS's brought their pillows from home! The bathroom had hair all over the walls....DH tells me after he cleaned it up.....the tub would not drain (we got that fixed pronto!) and the bathroom sink faucets leaked all over the counter when both were turned on at the same time...individually they did fine, together=flood! And we didn't receive automatic check out because the CM did not enter that info when we checked in.
    We love BCV...location is a huge advantage for us...but after this trip, I might be staying at BWV. I was surprised and disappointed at how poor the quality of the room and service was.
    Oh, and we had a room that had not been redone yet. No flat screen!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Sorry you had such of bad room experience. Now your making me scared and thinking about going else where in May. Had a ressie at AKV but then changed to BCV because of the location. Was your location quiet? Does anyone know how many rooms have been remodeled at BCV?

Post Thanks / Like

First, let me say I am sorry about your experience at BCV. We had some very minor issues with housekeeping when requesting supplies which were supposed to be in the room at check in (sink sponge and Dish washing detergent). They were pretty slow in getting one to our room (took 2 days). We did have a refurbished room, which are quite nice.

With regards to sink issues, did you put in a request for the faucets to be repaired or ask to be moved to a new room?

While I had some issues, none of them were big enough to make me not want to stay there again.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how many rooms at BCV have been refurbished? I think I am going to try to request one in May.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the room was quiet (our son is post treatment for cancer and has a tendency to have migraines which keeps him inside, so the quiet part was necessary) but we could not enjoy the view outside on the balcony at all due to the bugs and such. (we had an Epcot view)

Yes, we actually went to the front desk about the faucets on our 5th day...a phone message that was left said that it was a "tear apart job" which couldn't be done in one day. At that point, we were leaving in 2 days and wasn't up to complaining again and being moved to another room.....

I was told when I booked my stay that all of the rooms were refurbished....not true.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest that you let member services know what you came across. They need to know to in order to make sure it is fixed properly.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AirlineGuy07 View Post
    Does anyone know how many rooms at BCV have been refurbished? I think I am going to try to request one in May.
    I would also like to know this. And anyone have any advice as to requested a renovated room, IE - Do I literally just ask them for one ofthe refurbished rooms, or should reqest a specific floor or something?
    THANKS!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: