Quantcast In the Movie Theater

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In the Movie Theater

So, what's that upcoming movie that you just can't wait for to come out in movie theaters?

My mom and I are going to watch The Princess and the Frog on Christmas day, then we're going to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squekquel. I can't wait for both!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lately, not much.

With ticket prices here hitting $10.50 a pop here, add on to that the cost of snacks and you're looking at $35-$40 for me and DW to see a flick.

By those guidelines, it has to be something that would DEFINITELY lose a little luster if not seen on a big screen I.E. Transformers, 2012, or basically anything with serious special effects.

Anything else is a Netflix rental or $19 DVD purchase a month or two later.

Post Thanks / Like

New Moon!! Going tomorrow to see it!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Princess and the Frog is on my list, along with Invictus about Nelson Mandela and the 1995 Rugby World Cup in South Africa are the two that I defintely want to see in theaters, but there are others I can wait until they come out on video to rent them.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Besides New Moon tomorrow; I would like to see The Blind Side, The Lovely Bones and It's Complicated. There are others; but I can wait until it's released on Blu Ray.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Lately, not much.

With ticket prices here hitting $10.50 a pop here, add on to that the cost of snacks and you're looking at $35-$40 for me and DW to see a flick.

By those guidelines, it has to be something that would DEFINITELY lose a little luster if not seen on a big screen I.E. Transformers, 2012, or basically anything with serious special effects.

Anything else is a Netflix rental or $19 DVD purchase a month or two later.
    Agreed,
    Hollywood has just about priced my family out. We only take in movies at the theaters that we just cannot wait for. This equates to about four a year now. By the time I pay for all five of us and any snacks it is around a $60 ordeal. So or standard operating procedure is to split up. Wife wants to see New Moon, I can pass. I read all four books but found the second one boring (no offense). Kids want to see Princess and the Frog, looks like that will be a family affair. I am holding out for Green Lantern, Captain America, and the Hobbit but I have long waits for each.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you GL...especially with "New Moon". DW made me see the first "High School Vampire Musical" as I called it last year and it's 2 hours and $35 of my life I'll never get back. This new one I'll wait for DVD.

I think pretty much the only movie on the immediate horizon that I'm stoked for - and I'll admit I wasn't stoked when I first heard about it but the trailers are amazing looking - is the remake of "The Wolf Man".

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to seeing 2012. I think it's already out. I love a good disaster movie, and some bad ones too! Plus I'm a big John Cusack fan.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see The Road next week. I know it is going to be a hard subject matter to watch, but I just love Viggo Mortensen. He is such a wonderful actor.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing 2012. I think it's already out. I love a good disaster movie, and some bad ones too! Plus I'm a big John Cusack fan.

Amy
    Oh this is a bad one alright! Saw it last week. AMAZING special effects, and so cheesy you could make pizza from the performances....which is EXACTLY what you want in a disaster movie!

Definitely gives a nod to the old "Towering Inferno," "Earthquake" kind of movies.

COMPLETELY unbelievable, but good fun. Just check your brain at the door and you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is a bad one alright! Saw it last week. AMAZING special effects, and so cheesy you could make pizza from the performances....which is EXACTLY what you want in a disaster movie!

Definitely gives a nod to the old "Towering Inferno," "Earthquake" kind of movies.

COMPLETELY unbelievable, but good fun. Just check your brain at the door and you'll be fine.
    That's great! I allow myself to shed a couple of tears at cheesy disaster movie performances. I always shy away from seeing good dramas at the theater, because I hate crying in public. Sounds like this movie is right up my alley!

Amy

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Me & my boyfriend didn't like "2012" at all! We agreed that Roland Emmerich's other hit "The Day After 2moro" was soooooo much better! This was a film with absolutley great special effects, but there wasn't much of a story.

As for what I want 2 see- oh, i don't even know where to begin! i'll just start a list..

Wolf Man
    Shutter Island (new Leo Dicaprio movie that looks awesome!)
    Avatar (most expensive movie ever made now on record & in 3d! me, my boyfriend, my bff and her boyfriend will all be seeing this opening nite!)
    - oh gosh there are so much more but I can't really think of any rite now. I'll have 2 post again later when I'm not tired!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

New Moon (Again!)
    Letters To Juliet
    Dear John
    When In Rome
    Shutter Island
    Really looking forward to Valentines Day! It comes out on my birthday (Feb 12) and I've been watching trailers ever since they put them online. I'm a sucker for romance/chick-flicks.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you GL...especially with "New Moon". DW made me see the first "High School Vampire Musical" as I called it last year and it's 2 hours and $35 of my life I'll never get back. This new one I'll wait for DVD.

I think pretty much the only movie on the immediate horizon that I'm stoked for - and I'll admit I wasn't stoked when I first heard about it but the trailers are amazing looking - is the remake of "The Wolf Man".
    Agreed I forgot about "The Wolf Man" it looks incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

The Road
    Armored (Maybe)
    Brothers (Toby finally breaks free from those horrible last few Spidy movies!)
    Invictus
    Avatar (Still undecided on this one)
    Sherlock Holmes
    Daybreakers
    Shutter Island

That's just off the top of my head If you haven't noticed, I like movies
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    The Road
    Armored (Maybe)
    Brothers (Toby finally breaks free from those horrible last few Spidy movies!)
    Invictus
    Avatar (Still undecided on this one)
    Sherlock Holmes
    Daybreakers
    Shutter Island

That's just off the top of my head If you haven't noticed, I like movies
    I don't necessarily want to see Brothers in the theater, but eventually. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but it seem very right to have Toby McGuire and Jake G. play brothers. They are always linked in my mind for some reason.

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes too. (Anything with Jude Law.) From the trailers, it doesn't seem that Watson will be a slow-witted buffoon, as he's usually portrayed. I will be seeing that show in the theater!

Amy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I don't necessarily want to see Brothers in the theater, but eventually. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but it seem very right to have Toby McGuire and Jake G. play brothers. They are always linked in my mind for some reason.

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes too. (Anything with Jude Law.) From the trailers, it doesn't seem that Watson will be a slow-witted buffoon, as he's usually portrayed. I will be seeing that show in the theater!

Amy

Agreed also on Sherlock Holmes however I have heard some things about the film that make me skeptical. I am glad Watson will not be a buffoon, as I am a fan of the original stories, where Watson is an athletic Army vet and very much the ladies man.

Post Thanks / Like

With prices today, I don't really think about setting foot in the theaters. I'd rather spend the cash on a home theater. No worries about someone else ruining the movie with a cell phone, yapping the whole time, etc.

I think the last movie I saw was Return of the King, and I won't be back until the Hobbit.

Everything else is a rental or download quite honestly...

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't really anything that I have to see in theaters. Star Trek was the last movie that I saw and it was one that you really had to see in the theater. And it was excellent, by the way.

An Education and Broken Embraces both seem to be movies that I'd like to see and they are both out now. But I'll probably wait until I can get them on Netflix or cable. I'd like to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox too, but that will probably have to wait as well.

It's odd, but since I had DS, I hate to watch any movie that is in any way sad or depressing or disturbing. I just can't stand serious drama anymore. I need fun and funny films.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    There isn't really anything that I have to see in theaters. Star Trek was the last movie that I saw and it was one that you really had to see in the theater. And it was excellent, by the way.
    I just saw it on DVD and regret not having seen it in a theater.

Do I see some irony in this thread? Many of us, myself included, complain about the cost of experiencing a movie in the theater as too high but do not hestiate to spend on the stuff at WDW?
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: