Quantcast discounted tickets for racers?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default discounted tickets for racers?

So, I REALLY want to run the princess half marathon and I am trying to figure out prices so I can tell hubby a realistic amount. The site mentions "discounted tickets" for race participants and their families. Anyone who has run a race, can you PLEASE tell me the price range of the tickets? Is it best to book your hotel through the 800 number or can you book elsewhere? For pervious racers, how did you plan your weekend (not necessarily princess)? Did your family stay with you at the race, ran in a family race or just did the parks without you? We will have a 5,4, and 1 year old with us
    Childhood Trips- too many to count

Adult Trips-Spring 02 (last trip as a single gal) offsite
    Sept 06- first trip with DH and 2DD, offsite
    Aug 07-girls only trip, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did the 5k race last year. If you want the discount you have to book through the number it lists on the Disney Sports web site. We tried to do the regular reservations number on several occasions and they were unable to give us the room discount or ticket discounts.

The price discounts - the room at ASMo was $59. The park hopper pass was, I think, about $10 less than the regular price. We tried to do the dining plan but because of the discounted room and ticket rates, they can't include that for some reason. I didn't quite understand the logic. The way they set up the tickets was strange, too. We had separate park tickets and a key to the world that was just our room key. To me, it seemed like they made the reservation process more confusing than it needed to be.

DH and I did the race. My brother also came along, didn't race. Lots of people did cheer on racers. There are bleachers set up at the starting/finish line area. Many runners were dressed up. It's a real party atmosphere. It was great running around Epcot and having CMs cheer you on and being able to take pictures with princesses or Mickey along the route.

We also didn't do the after-party. It was originally a Pirate/Princess Party but then the theme changed to Princess only and we didn't want to do that.

Overall the race was great. One of the best 5k races I did in all of 2009 (I did 4.) We would definitely do it again. PM if you want any other specific information.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

I can't comment on the ticket prices (AP holder) or rooms (my run/walk partner is a DVC member) but my DH and 2 - DS will be joining me for marathon weekend in January when I go down to participate in the half-marathon on Saturday.

They will not be at the race until the end and the plan is to simply be along the route in EPCOT as I go by.

After the race, we will meet up for lunch but other than that - they will do the parks in the afternoon while I take a nap. We have an ADR for dinner and I will either call and meet up with them somewhere when I wake up or just meet them at the restaurant.

I tend to be a wreck after a race (I don't sleep well the night before) and so going our separate ways will work best for us.

Hope everything works out! If you do end up going the Princess, please let us know how it is - we are thinking about doing it in 2011 instead of the January half marathon.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am signed up for the Princess Half Marathon in March! I think the discounted tickets are around $55. We are planning on buying two for our daughters and doing the "Give a Day, Get a Day" for my husband and myself.
    We are driving down (from GA) on Friday and staying with my grandparents that night. Then my girls are going to run in the Royal Family Races on Saturday, we will check-in at all-star movies or music (have to finalize) and then we have an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for dinner...if I remember, I don't need park tickets for the Grand Floridian, right? It will be an early night as I have to be at the start line EARLY! I am going to run the race and my husband and daughters will be at the finish line...then I am a total glutton for punishment because after the race we are going to spend the day at Magic Kingdom. We will crash that night and leave for home Monday morning.

It will be a whirlwind trip! I will definately post a trip report as I have been searching for a couple years on this site for people who have done the princess half!
    Childhood Trips- too many to count

Adult Trips-Spring 02 (last trip as a single gal) offsite
    Sept 06- first trip with DH and 2DD, offsite
    Aug 07-girls only trip, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I don't think there are many people on here who did it last year and this is only the second year. I haven't seen much about it elsewhere online either. Enjoy the race! It's a great course!
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)