Quantcast Have you ever known anyone surprised by Disneyworld

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever known anyone surprised by Disneyworld

Last night i was talking to a lady here at work. She's leaving today for Disney. i have no idea she was into disney, but she is almost as big of a fanatic as i am. As we were talking we started discussing how surprised a lot of people are when the go to Disney for the first time. I think some have a conception that Disney is just a kiddie land, and that is so not true.
    I remember a couple years ago one of the partners in our firm came back from Disney and all he could talk about was how much he loved it, and wasn't expecting to....
    I have a couple friends that i know would love it, but they won't go until they have kids...(they aren't even dating anyone. ha).. i keep telling them that if they went they would have fun. there's just so much to do, even outside the parks, golf, boating, shopping, Kyle Petty's racing experience, eetc....
    so i was just wondering. have any of you ever run into anyone that had a negative or so so impression of Disney and came back and were shocked at what they expereienced?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have. I'm in the 8th grade - a class of 13 and 14 year olds. Of course, all they can say about Disney is that 'It's for babies.' 'It's stupid.' 'I'm too cool for kiddie stuff.'

Yet, a few of my friends have went had a great time. But, they refuse to talk about it with me. (I overhear them talking to their friends about it.)

They just can't admit that I was right about how much fun they'd have.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh YES!!!!!! My HUSBAND.
    I remember begging him for years to take me to Disney. Finally I told him , if he did, we would never have to get Married. HAH HAH, we are married now for 7 years and have been going to Disney almost every year for the past 13 years. He Loves it!!!!!!!! He even got a Tatoo of Mickey last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebo View Post
    Oh YES!!!!!! My HUSBAND.
    I remember begging him for years to take me to Disney. Finally I told him , if he did, we would never have to get Married. HAH HAH, we are married now for 7 years and have been going to Disney almost every year for the past 13 years. He Loves it!!!!!!!! He even got a Tatoo of Mickey last year.
    Put my husband on the list too. I finally convinced him to come when I had a business meeting in Orlando. My sister and her hubby came too, and DH became a convert.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

For years my brother-in-law has picked on me for going to WDW every year. Finally, 4 years ago, he along with my sister and their son, went with our family to WDW. We had been there about 4 days when the brother-in-law looks at me and says, "Ruru (that's my nick name), now I know why you come back here so often....there's more to do here than you can handle!!"
    We all went back the next 2 years.

That's my story.
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

Post Thanks / Like

one of my suppliers who went last year,i tried to prepare him before he went...I was the first stop when he came back, he had the look,you know the one... super excited,can't stop talking about it,in awe
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Took my sister-in-law in 2006 and she's been back 2 times already, The fisrt time there after wishes all she said with tears on her cheeks was Thank You so much for showing me the magic and I want to be someones Fairy God Mother just like you. (which then made me cry) Yep .....I got a convert

Post Thanks / Like

Disney (Walt) did/Does things the way they should be done, the right way. And, with lots of imagination to boot...
    and in my opinion, that is what makes the place so special to us "nuts"...
    We have had season passes to sea world and six flags bc they are close to us, but the two don't even compare in my book to a trip to the world...
    (Please Disney Brass, don't Jack up the prices bc of this post )
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: