Quantcast how intense is expedition everest? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I can do Big Thunder Mountain with no problem and have done Space Mountain, but would rather not do it again. However, Expedition Everest and Rock N Roller Coaster are no go's for me. I have done both. I have off green on Rock N Roller Coaster and broke out in a cold sweat and Expedition Everest. IF my husband ever goes to Disney with me again and wants to try EE, since I did it with my mom, I would do it one more time, but not until then will I do it again.
    Many, many trips (30+) since 1978 when I was three... oh what they started!!
    Upcoming: WL 12/10
    10/08 DCL & Pop Century
    8/08- Disney Panama Canal EB Cruise
    9/07, 9/06-Pop Century
    3/05: Disney Wedding!! GF Concierge (5 days) and POR (3 days)
    3/05: 7 Day Disney Cruise (eastern)
    5/03: AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gone on EE just once, and never again for me! I was doing OK until that thing went whippy whirly backwards. That's when my stomach went whippy whirly, and I was shot for hours. It took me about 3 hours before my stomach had settled enough for me to handle any kind of ride, where I could do the train out to Conservation Station. It's up to you, but I figure that there's too much fun to be had at WDW to risk ruining an entire morning of vacation.

Ransom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by micky95 View Post
    i'm not a big roller coaster fan but i have ridden space mountain & thunder mountain. my wife wants to try everest & i'm not sure if i could.we're going in dec.09 and if you can help me maybe i can surprise her by riding it. thanks in advance
    The first one-third of the ride is very much like Big Thunder Mountain. The next portion is backwards and in the dark, but it's not terribly fast...yet you will feel the G-forces and it's very thrilling! The final third is like Big Thunder Mountain again, but a bit faster.

Since there are no loops, huge drops (anyone else want to go on that coaster in Japan with the 400+ foot drop?), or other extreme aspects, you may be surprised at how much you like it!

The theming and attention to detail, IMO, makes the attraction well worth attending.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Urbss View Post
    I enjoy the smoother coasters much more.
    Smooth and FAST does it for me, and Everest is both. I think the most intense part of the whole experience is the backward death spiral, as I call it, followed by that exhilarating plunge out of the mountain. Woo hoo!
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

The first one-third of the ride is very much like Big Thunder Mountain. The next portion is backwards and in the dark, but it's not terribly fast...yet you will feel the G-forces and it's very thrilling! The final third is like Big Thunder Mountain again, but a bit faster.
    That's good info, I really like the way you described and compared the two rides!! I've done Big Thunder Mountain but not EE. Our last two trips to Disney, I've suprised myself and my family by trying rides that I normally wouldn't. It's been great and I can't wait to go back and try more! I really like this post!
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Not very. Fun, but not scary at all IMHO and I'm not a dare devil type person.
    Many visits as child.
    2005 WL, AK
    2006 POLY, CR
    2007 WL
    2008 POFQ
    2009 CSR
    2010 POFQ

*October 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think it's more intense than Space Mountain...so if that didn't pose a problem for you, I don't think Expedition Everest will either.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

On our trip we went to AK just so DH could ride EE. I was not going on it with him. I am not a roller coaster person but have been riding more with him lately. But I drew the line at this one. DH went alone. Boy, was I glad too. A storm was coming up and they didn't stop the ride. I waited the rain out in the gift shop and when he came off the ride, was soaked. There are a couple of parts the are outside and going up and he said it was raining right in their faces. So if it is prone to rain, you might want to second think it. But he enjoyed it and said it was more intense than the others.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: