We had to put my Tigger dog to sleep on Aug. 10. Somehow she cut her face, we don't know if Jack did it or if she hit something our what. It was a minor cut. However, for the past 2 years she has been fighting a tumor in her liver and she had lost 18 pounds in the last year. While I knew the time was coming, my husband had been fighting this. When we weighed Tigger at the vet and Greg saw the scale, he knew it was time as well.

I got Tigger 15 and a half years ago at the Dumb Friends League. Her and the rest of her litter had been found in a cardboard box on the highway. I couldn't decide between her or her brother, but when she peed on my sister's shoe my niece yelled, "pick her, pick her!" so I did! She was a great dog. So lovable, yet a great watch dog as well.

We had her cremated and when we got her ashes back in a nice metal canister, Jack wouldn't stop licking it. We buried her yesterday with her stuffed bunny that I got her when she was a puppy. The only rip in the bunny was from Jack, as Tigger never tore up her stuffed animals, but carried them around instead.

I know my Tigger is happy and pain free, but dang I miss that furball!

Thanks for listening.