Quantcast Advanced Dining Reservation Changes Effective 10/27/09: Official Announcement & FAQ's - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, the policy changes on 10/27/09. Here are the rules (plus or minus a day)...you should figure out the exact math yourself:

If you arrive at WDW prior to 1/25/10, then you are on the 90 day plan. Take your arrival date and back up 90 days.

If you arrive at WDW between 1/25/10 and 4/25/10, you need to call on 10/27/09, as everybody in that group is within 180 days of 10/27/09 and that's when the new rule takes affect.

If you arrive at WDW after 4/25/10, then count back 180 days from your arrival date.

Unless, of course, they change the rules again.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Figment, you beat me to the punch.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Angry ADR's -- not the happiest place on earth!!!

Don't like it one bit! We never book our trips out far enough in advance for the 180 day booking to be an advantage for us-- it is only a disadvantage.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I'll throw my hat in to the pro-180 day booking crowd (the minority). I'm super **** retentive and plan way ahead and always got what I wanted at the 180 day mark. I've had many friends like me who, since it went to 90 days, were having extreme difficulties at the 90 mark. The selfish part of me likes it because I know a lot of people do not know at 180 days what their plans are so it gives me a better shot. BTW, I NEVER double book!!! I think that is completely rude- because I am **** retentive I know exactly what I want to do and where I want to be every day and every meal!!!
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. looking at my post it's amusing what they edited out- i didn't think it was a bad word! **** **** ****!!!
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    On or after October 27th, 2009.

Starting October 27th, Guests may book Advanced Dining Reservations through April 25, 2010 and up to 180 days in advance there after.
    This is beyond frustrating!!!!!!!!!! I'm just finishing making our dining for our November trip and I already have to start planning our March trip or we'll be eating burgers and fries all week!!! Ugh!!! At least I do't have to worry until Oct. I like the 90 + 10. I don't know where I want to eat this weekend never mind in 6 months!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

OK here is why 180 days is a bad decision by Disney. I was talking to someone today who is thinking of going to WDW either the last week in March or possibly the 2nd week in April. I told them that ADRs were changing to 180 days. The response I got was this. Well I guess I better book my reservations 180 days out for both time frames since I don't know exactly which ones I will be using and won't know until atleast January which dates work for me. This is the type of behavior that te 180 days promote. It happened with people booking up restaurants hoping for free dining and not bothering to cancel them if Free Dining wasn't offered during their stay in the past amd we have come full circle to the same problems happening all over again
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    It happened with people booking up restaurants hoping for free dining and not bothering to cancel them if Free Dining wasn't offered during their stay in the past amd we have come full circle to the same problems happening all over again
    Now, that is a concept I hadn't even considered. Why do people have to do this??? I keep thinking that there has got to be a way for Disney to cut down on the double bookings, but how do you stop people from booking a "proposed" trip, or booking restaurants they'll only eat at if it's free??? That's just rude, and I guess you just can't stop people from being rude if it's their nature. And I thought I'd heard everything....
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 180 days out YES!

Love the 180 booking
    Love it
    Love it
    Love it

Im a planner- and it always works out better.
    I did not enjoy the 90 day window at all-
    and I am thrilled with the change.

Post Thanks / Like

On a positive note, if you call 180 days out and don't get your reservations that you wanted, you have 179 more days to keep trying as opposed to only 89 days to try again...always a bright side
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had an issue booking 180 or 90 days out-

i have had issues changing reservations but thats more the fault of others joining our party ( or one who could even be in a place that served raw fish - go figure)

but for my family, we've never ever had an issue- Cali Grill, le Cellier etc- i have been able to get them fine.

I do feel that 90 days is much easier-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candleshoe View Post
    Guess I'll throw my hat in to the pro-180 day booking crowd (the minority). I'm super **** retentive and plan way ahead and always got what I wanted at the 180 day mark. I've had many friends like me who, since it went to 90 days, were having extreme difficulties at the 90 mark. The selfish part of me likes it because I know a lot of people do not know at 180 days what their plans are so it gives me a better shot. BTW, I NEVER double book!!! I think that is completely rude- because I am **** retentive I know exactly what I want to do and where I want to be every day and every meal!!!
    You know, I couldn't have put all that better myself. A great big "DITTO"!
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    OK here is why 180 days is a bad decision by Disney. I was talking to someone today who is thinking of going to WDW either the last week in March or possibly the 2nd week in April. I told them that ADRs were changing to 180 days. The response I got was this. Well I guess I better book my reservations 180 days out for both time frames since I don't know exactly which ones I will be using and won't know until atleast January which dates work for me.
    They shouldn't be allowed to get an ADR until they've got a resort reservation. That way the double bookings on their ADRs would be moot.
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

I am one that loves the 180 days out as well. I tend to plan my vacations out more than six months out. I also fall into the category of retentive planner.
    I sit down figure out what parks I will be at as soon as the park hours come out. Then I pick where I want to eat. It does give us an advantage to those who don't plan out as far in advance (for whatever reason), but then so does 90 days. I know many people that like to do last minute trips. They are at a disadvantage with making ADRs whether it is 90 days or 180 days out. So, I suppose they could argue for a No advance drining reservation policy or a 45 day advance dining reservation.
    I also think that if there are that many who do not know/plan 180 days out, then at 90 days out there should still be a lot of dining options left. And on the same note, as it is at 90 days, those who planned out way in advance are on the phone or internet early as can be to book, so within the first few hours, they have already booked up what they would have booked prior to that. So, the advantage to those who book later, is not that great at 90 days. (that is, all early planners and later planners are on the phone at 90 days, so dining books up very quick 90 days out).

I completely disagree with double booking for a trip. I do think Disney needs to reconsider their booking policy. Maybe take a card and charge for no shows. I know Brown Derby charges for every person in your party for a no show (I think it is $20 per person). Why can't the rest of the restaraunts do this?
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigtunia View Post
    They shouldn't be allowed to get an ADR until they've got a resort reservation. That way the double bookings on their ADRs would be moot.
    This policy would exclude all those who do not stay on site.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Having to book 90 days out or 180 days out makes no difference to me.
    There are NO Disney restaurants that I HAVE to ever go back to. There isn't one that truly stands out.
    The best meal I've ever had at Disney came last January when my buddy Pete made chicken marsala in our 2BR at Old Key West. it was outstanding and so much better than ANYTHING we've ever had in the parks or at the resorts.
    My wife and I are going to give the quick service dining plan a try in November. We don't have any ADR's. We're just going to go with the flow and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    On a positive note, if you call 180 days out and don't get your reservations that you wanted, you have 179 more days to keep trying as opposed to only 89 days to try again...always a bright side
    I think that's an excellent point. There may be a lot of people making ADRs "just in case" but as they get closer to their trip will have to make adjustments to their plans.

I guess the moral of the story is: if at first you don't get your ADR, try, try again!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    You will still be able to call no earlier than 90 days in advance (8/21/09)

Only arrivals on and after January 25, 2010 will be affected by this change.
    Ah, Figment! you're the best.

Now if only I could be sure the Nov. hours are accurate...
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I was pleased with the previous change to a 90 day ADR window. A period 180 days out is not necessary. A 90 day period benefits those who book trips on shorter notice.

A 180 day ADR period will increase the flaws in the ADR system:

1) People will cancel the trip but not the ADR's.
    2) People will forget that ADR's were made.
    3)People will never book the trip, but again not cancel the "just in case" adr's.
    4) The probability of changes increases in a 180 day period- park hours, restaurant closures, cancelled trips, modified trip dates, etc.

The online booking option makes abuses much easier. It is critical that Disney take steps to prevent these abuses. It is unclear what checks & balances are currently in place for the online system.

I would tier the ADR periods. For example, if it must be 180 days, then a valid reservation and confirmation number should be required. Perhaps 90 days for FL passholders not staying over at a Disney resort. For off-site guests, there should be a maximum ADR window of 60 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickey View Post
    I would tier the ADR periods. For example, if it must be 180 days, then a valid reservation and confirmation number should be required. Perhaps 90 days for FL passholders not staying over at a Disney resort. For off-site guests, there should be a maximum ADR window of 60 days.
    I was trying to find a polite way of saying this . . . as not to offend those of you that stay off site. But I agree with Stickey. My first instinct (as a way to prevent double bookings etc.) is that Disney should require a reservation number when booking ADRs. I know that excludes others, but perhaps that would simply be a perk to stay on property. I like the idea of the tier system, that way everyone gets a chance to book their ADRs in due time.
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: