Quantcast Advanced Dining Reservation Changes Effective 10/27/09: Official Announcement & FAQ's - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I guess either is ok with me. I can't say I've been denied no matter when I book (even during the actual trip). That said, we're also flexible; if I can't have San Angel at 7:00 on Friday then we're ok with 8:00 on Thursday.

I suppose if I could only eat at one specific restaurant at a specific time and date, not a minute before or after, then it would matter...but it's worked ok for me in the past (23 years of doing it). I've even gotten tickets for Spirit of Aloha "day of" during the summer...so I guess I'm kind of confused where the booking problems are.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleKP View Post
    II like the idea of the tier system, that way everyone gets a chance to book their ADRs in due time.
    This would never work. Where would the tier system end I mean would DVC/AP holders get an advantage over regular guests? Would Deluxe resorts get to choose first and then the moderates and finally leave the scraps for the values? Think about it the problem is caused by the DDP along with inconsiderate people double booking or booking and not showing up. They really need a Credit Card hold system for every restaurant. This would definately stop the major problem of double booking and people not cancelling their ADRs. I kow it wouldn't be popular but it would definately solve some of the issues.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel that instead of focusing on simply timing (180 vs. 90), Disney needs to focus on fixing the system so that double/triple booking is impossible. Do this and I feel that ADRs will be easier to find.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Welp..for us I guess it doesn't matter too much. My date to book 90 days out was November 7th so I guess a week or so early isn't that big of a deal either way!
    Tricia:
    Mom to mouse obsessed kids: Anthony 12 - Maggie 6.

September '01 - PORS
    October '04 - off site
    September '08 - POFQ
    February '10 - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pigtunia View Post
    They shouldn't be allowed to get an ADR until they've got a resort reservation. That way the double bookings on their ADRs would be moot.
    And by doing so, you have just denied any guest not staying on property the ability to make ADR's in a TS facility. Don't think that Disney would want to make that mistake.

Things were so much simpler when Dinner Show ressies could be made up to 2 years in advance and all others the day of.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that if they could fix it so people can't double book that would be a better solution. Because of work schedules, we typically don't book our trips until about 2 months out and it is so hard to get into the restaurants we want. I like the idea of just doing day of booking, that would work great for us, but I guess that will never happen....
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

we almost always know almost a year ahead of time when we are going. My son is at an age where we cannot take him out of school anymore for a trip. Also as DVC members and how fast availability fills up for the times we go, we usually know either at 11 month or 7 month mark where we are staying and exact dates.

I am one of those people who plans out what park to go to on what day based on park hours and then plan our ADR's from there. We generally do 1 table service meal a day. Four our family we do not find having a set park itinerary or and ADR restricting. It works for us but I see how it does not work for all.

Knowing how hard it is to get any ADR is part of why we plan ahead. MY FIL lives in FL and will usually meet us at WDW for a few days but never commits to whther he will dine with us or not. He still thinks you can go to the park and get an adr the same day. So I usually book and ADR on the assumption he will dine with us and if he decides not to (usually know a few weeks ahead) I have the ADR changed to the correct party size. I would never double book.

I think the system needs to be corrected to not allow double booking. The online system allows you to link your ADR to your room ressie but does not require it. ADR's should be linked to your reservation and should not allow double booking. I also agree on the idea of a credit card hold for all reservations with charge/fee for no show..of course there are issues with that idea...such as "what if I don't have a credit card?" I also believe in a cancellation window..

BUt, we are going in Feb 2010...I will be looking for the park hours to plan our trip, plan our ADRs and hope for the best on 10/27 and expect the worst.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I hate the 180 Day window! Most of the time I never plan a trip more than 6 months out. So this leave people like me out in the cold when it comes to ADRs. I really don't see why Disney would switch back the same people who couldn't get what they wanted at the 90 day mark will have the same problems at the 180 day mark. All this does is punish people for not planning their trips 6 months out
    no...what it does is pack the "more popular" restaurants to be booked solid six months out and then put the pressure on the traveler to "go ahead and get something" as the six months tick away so that they don't get left eating chicken fingers every meal.

to me....this is scare tactics and just forces people to book every available seat well in advance....with the dubious side effect of having tons disappointed because they can't get near any restaurants in shorter notice.

I've said it before....i'll say it again....the solid booking of restaurants and dining plans have eaten away a large chunk of what made WDW a great place to go....

but if the bottomline is better, does it matter that the experience has been partially wrecked forever? the beaners don't think so.

Truly distasteful news...

lockedoutlogic Guest

All reservations should be subject to a $10 per person no show fee, secured by credit card deposit. no excuses, no exceptions.

I'm not in favor of a cancellation window/ fee because i don't want to make it like prison. it's vacation and you should be able to change your mind...and sometimes things happen you can't control. but you should also be responsible enough to call, go online, or walk up to a podium and cancel your reservation for someone else.

Double bookings are rampant and have been for years. And chances are 1 outta every 2 traveler who says "ohhh...i would never do that"...has in fact, done it.

I have no tolerance for this....how dare someone think they have a right to "flexibility" at the expense of anothers right to have the opportunity to experience the same services that they pay for as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little unclear about the +10 day for resort guests thing. Does that mean it is actually 190 days for anyone staying at a WDW resort like Wilderness, Port Orleans, or Pop, etc.? That 10 days makes a huge difference, since plenty of people stay in WDW when they go there for vacation. Just curious, since I don't know when I'm going anyway.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't really 190 days.

What is means is that 180 days from the first day of their vacation, people can make reservations for their whole trip, or the first 10 days of trip longer than 10 days.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    It really doesn't matter to us.

We book our trips well in advance, and I don't really have a better idea of where I want to eat at 90-days vs 180-days.
    I totally agree. we start making ADRs on our spreadsheet at home for fun wayyyy before 180 days. Even if it was 280 days would make no difference to us, just longer to get excited IMO.
    What did get me angry was last visit at Artist point we saw plenty of tables lying empty because of no shows.If you were to slap a charge on people for not turning up, maybe you would get rid of these people messing everyone else around!
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say the same thing. I noticed last week that Le Chefs had a lot of empty tables after 7:30 so if you are trying to get a reservation, that might be the time. I couldn't understand why there were so many people waiting for their reservations to be called and walk ups were told there were no reservations available but there were empty tables everywhere at Le Chefs and Crystal Palace. We were even told when we checked in at Crystal Palace about 30 minutes early that they were way behind and asked if we were sure we wanted to check in and wait that long. I said yes. Then they called us in about 5 minutes ahead of others sitting there waiting. I was confused if they were so far behind how they came up with a table for us way ahead of our reservation time. Must have been a lot of double bookings that weren't cancelled. We were told they were "overbooked". I actually think you should have to give a credit card number to secure the reservation and if you don't cancel within a certain time period and don't show, it is charged. I know things happen at the last minute but more times than not, it is just a double booking that isn't cancelled.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default YAY for 180 days!!

I am extremely elated that Disney has re-instated the 180 day window for ADR. As a DVC member, we plan our vacations well in advance every year and we were extremely inconvenienced by the changes. We called on the 90th day, spent hours on the phone waiting in the que and were not able to get into the restaurants we wanted at reasonable times. Completely unacceptable. I actually think that DVC should be able to book ADR before the general public to further ensure our satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is where I should ask this. But will this mean they will have park hours six months out. I like to plan our reservations around park hours.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    As a result, we have made the decision to adjust to a 180-day booking window for dining, recreation and tour offerings (+10 days for Resort Guests). At the same time, the Theme Park Operating Calendar will be published to Guests 180 days out as well.

This adjusted booking window will go into effect, Tuesday, October 27, 2009.
    Jason,
    Any reason why Disney hasn't released park hours for 180 days yet? Booking window opens tomorrow, and park hours aren't out yet...
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad
    Jason,
    Any reason why Disney hasn't released park hours for 180 days yet? Booking window opens tomorrow, and park hours aren't out yet...
    No idea.

The INTERCOT Staff has several Official channels to watch for park hours, as soon as they come across we will get them posted as expeditiously as possible.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

well, I'll be on line first thing...as in 6 am est for my Feb ADRs'. I have my list of dates and places I want to eat. I usually plan my adrs around park hours and what parks I plan to hit...but since they are not out...just gonna do the best I can.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: