Quantcast Payment Methods from a Canadian Perspective!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Payment Methods from a Canadian Perspective!

Hello All!

I'm in the pre pre-planning stages of making a trip to WDW . I had seen an old post (from 2002!) where, after making the reservations they made arrangements with their bank to set up the reservation as an online payment. I LOVE that idea, but haven't seen any later posts about it. I think the idea was one originally written about by LottaLubes? I just wanted to know if anyone now (in 2009) had tried this method, especially anyone travelling from Canada. Any tips in regards to this (ie specific banks) would be greatly appreciated!!

G.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's unlikely that you could make the payments online via a canadian account. You would likely need to set up a USA based account (not us funds but USA based) in order to do this. (RBC has a division for this not sure of other banks)
    Another alternative is to use a credit card billed in USD (TD and RBC offer these as does BMO I believe) so that you can control the exchange rate moment if that's your wish.

You can still mail in USD money orders to make payments as well. However by and large for the ease of it we have always just used a canadian dollar credit card and paid the exchange fee at the time of the transaction being posted.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'll look into Royal Bank. Can't wait to finalize it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago we opened a US money account and have a US credit card from BMO. We paid for our trip with the US credit card and paid the credit card with our US money account. This way we are able to save US money at the highest rate available therefore getting the best US exchange rate without the credit card fees and exchanges which might not be the best. This has worked out great for us. Also, when we are on vacation we are thinking in US dollars instead of constantly exchanging money in our heads.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if this will help or not. I booked our trip through a travel agent at Sears and she found a package that was in Canadian dollars, that really saved us money due to the exchange rate had we booked directly through disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips!!!

What I like about this payment method is that the payment is out of my hands (and away from the temptation to spend it) cuz if it's in my bank, I'm libel to spend it!

I checked with my bank (CIBC) and they said it could be set up as long as the company (Disney) was okay with it being done. The clerk I spoke to wasn't sure if this would be possible if I booked thru a travel agency though instead of directly thru Disney.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: