Quantcast Main Street Barber Shop

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Main Street Barber Shop

Hi! I was just wondering if any could tell me their opinions of the Main Street Barber Shop. I am looking for information about rates, service, and wait times, as well as services provided (cuts, shampoo, etc..).
    CBR - 8/02
    GF-7/03
    POR - 12/03
    AS Movies - 5/05
    PC- 7/06
    July 2007--A day at Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom!
    CBR--7/09
    AKL/Kidani Village-7/13
    CBR--7/15
    Beach Club--7/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. No appointments -- walk-ins only.

Cost for a haircut is $17 for adults and $14 for children 12 and under. Colored hair gel, $5. Beard and mustache trims are $10.

Wait times can be long. I've gotten a couple of cuts there. They're great!
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barber Shop

My two boys got their hair cut last year
    one got a great #2 blade buzz, and the other got a #3 (hair was shaggy) and it was not the best haircut he ever had, but he had traded a hair cut for the ROCKnrollercoaster top hat!

No wait time during the 3pm parade
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

My three boys got thier haircut there two weeks ago. We got there early in the morning and waited 5 minutes. The kids got there hair colored with gel and mickey mouse's in the back of thier heads. Everyone loved thier hair and kept asking us where we got it done. It was like walking around with little celebrities all day! When we got back to the hotel that night my boys asked if they could skip washing their hair just once to keep the color for the next day. I let them and they were quite excited about skipping washing their hair. Their hair lasted all the next day too! It was definelty worth the money and it was a wonderful experience! The barbers are awesome!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We did baby's 1st haircut there last year and we had a wonderful experience. They are certainly pros when it comes to dealing with kids. It was a very special memory and we were actually surprised that it didn't cost more. We just happened to stop by one afternoon and we only waited about 5 minutes.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my boys have had their 1st hair cuts there. The 1st time it was the best hair cut my son had ever had when we did it the 2nd time it was just ok. They do not shampoo hair though in case you were wondering. My son loved the confetti they put in his hair, they also loaded up the pockets in his shorts with extra confetti (which I've put away in a keepsake box). It is a must do when we go it's usually the 1st thing we do the 1st day. The color they do is really cute, a friend of my nephew had a bunch of flowers drawn on the back of his head. Yes he knew and he ok'd them doing it. I say go for it, it's just a fun thing to do.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

We were thinking of doing our son's first haircut there in August, but don't know if we should technically cut his hair first so he is used to the idea?
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    We were thinking of doing our son's first haircut there in August, but don't know if we should technically cut his hair first so he is used to the idea?
    I was unsure about how my son would react, but the barber loaded him up with an ungodly amount of Mickey stickers and he was far too distracted by all the stickers on his shirt to even notice that they were cutting his hair. Also, they are pretty quick with the little ones so it's over in just a few minutes.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever gotten a girls haircut there. My daughter wants to get her hair cut for locks of love there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brigidfirst View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten a girls haircut there. My daughter wants to get her hair cut for locks of love there.
    1) Lots of girls get their hair cut here.
    2) But, IT IS A CUT, NOT A STYLING.
    3) The barbershop is strictly forbidden to do styling.
    4) They have been told to not intrude upon BBB territory.
    5) But, for a cut, it is a great place.
    6) You and the kids will like it.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats all we are looking for is a straight cut. nothing fancy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    I was unsure about how my son would react, but the barber loaded him up with an ungodly amount of Mickey stickers and he was far too distracted by all the stickers on his shirt to even notice that they were cutting his hair. Also, they are pretty quick with the little ones so it's over in just a few minutes.
    Good to know, I think we are going to do this then!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I both got our hair done when we were there two years ago. They did a good job and put color in both our hair. My son picked green and blue and spiked it up. I let my daughter pick the colors for me. Of course she picked pink and purple. Nice! We have great pictures.

It was a fun thing to do once, something I always wanted to do, but I wouldn't do it again. It took a LOOOOOONG time and I'd rather spend that time doing things in the park. Of course, if there's no line or you have time, it's a neat experience.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We took our son in 2000 when he was 2 1/2 for his 1st haircut.He got a certificate and 1st haircut mickey ears.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

I had always heard the barber shop was too expensive to make the experience worthwhile, but $17 doesn't sound too bad to me. Maybe I'm being ripped off, but the barbers I go to both at home and at school are about that much, and I certainly don't go anywhere fancy. Maybe I'll have to give the Main Street Barber Shop a try sometime.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I'll highly recommend the "experience". And it is an experience!!

The CM's that work there are really great! My DS#1 has to get a haircut each time we go now.....we started this a few years back and he HAS to get a haircut, a blue mickey head and sprinkles in his hair mostly on our last day there, so he can wear it to school the next day (yes, I'm a mean mom who makes the kids go to school the next day after a late flight --hey they sleep on the plane on the way home and then sleep in the car from airport to home, so they get sleep!). When he returns to school the next day he says he's famous....everyone wants to know how his mom did his hair then he tells them it was from yesterday at Disney!

In December we had DS#2's 1st haircut there and Michal did a great job! He says he loves to do the little kids b/c they are so much fun! He loaded, and I mean LOADED DS#2 up with mickey stickers and snip snip snip.....off came the hair!

Also, twice now DS#1 has bribed DH into getting his hair done also and boy does he get the looks! DS bribes daddy with the inticement of buying him ice cream -- which the ice cream is never realized, but DH has fun, so that is all that matters!

Sometimes the line can get a bit long, and there is no shade outside the door, so it can get hot! If you are lucky you might catch the end of a parade though --we've had that happen before, as well as the Dapper Dans have entertained us (I think that is who it is -- barbershop quartet) and they are quite good!

As I said in opening - it is a very nice "experience" to partake in.

The prices are as others have said and if it's a first cut you get the mickey sticker treatment, mickey stickers for later, a set of 1st H/C ears, and a lock of hair wrapped up in tissue sealed with a mickey sticker and finally a certificate -- a keepsake for later in life for the new kids in your family!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I had always heard the barber shop was too expensive to make the experience worthwhile, but $17 doesn't sound too bad to me. Maybe I'm being ripped off, but the barbers I go to both at home and at school are about that much, and I certainly don't go anywhere fancy. Maybe I'll have to give the Main Street Barber Shop a try sometime.
    I pay $18 for my haircuts from my barber so the Main Street Barber Shop is very reasonable in price. I had my haircut at the barber shop when we were at WDW in Dec of 2007 and it was just as good as the ones I get from my ole' fashion barber shop here at home. I woke up early so I could be at the main gates before MK opened and headed straight for the Barber Shop as soon as they let us in and by the time a walked the few yards to the shop they were opening up and I was the first customer of the day. It was a great treat to give myself and I would highly recommend it to anyone...Adults or kids...
    DISNEYLAND - Every year since 1967. Grew up 20 minutes away.

December 05 - WL
    December 07 - Pop Century
    December 10 - CSR

400 miles to Disneyland and 2850 miles from WDW!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: