Quantcast Fantasmic - am I the only one

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic - am I the only one

who won't go out of their way to see it? On our last trip in '07, I finally got to see it, and to say I was unimpressed would be generous.

It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but something for my dd9 & I just wasn't there.
    Poly 6/73
    SOG 10/91
    BWI 7/05
    GF 7/06
    POFQ 7/07
    SSR & POFQ & Autotrain (1st time!) 6/09

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I greatly enjoy Fantasmic but there have been trips when I've made no plans to see it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy Fantasmic, but we just didn't bother with it this last trip, since we'd seen it a bunch of times before, and it just didn't fit into our trip this time.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

That's how I feel about Illuminations...waited once for it and wouldn't do it again. I love Fantasmic though and would see it over and over again. To each his own
    Poly June '92
    CBR Mar '05
    POP Dec '06
    POFQ Feb '09

Next trip: Nothing planned

Post Thanks / Like

No, your not alone...I won't go out of my way for it either. We did it last trip just so my daughter could experience it....but I am not making any plans to do it again this trip.

I just feel like it's the biggest headache of all the night-time shows to wait for and exit. I miss Sorcery In the Sky....that was cool.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen it in years. It's actually probably my favorite nighttime show, right there with IllumiNations, but seeing Fantasmic! takes so much effort. Very little is worth waiting that long. We usually skip it, unless we can go to a later presentation.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I've waited two hours to see it, around when it debuted. Worth every second (again in the beginning). These days the wait doesn't seem to be as bad, but we make a point to see it. It's probably the best nighttime show on property.

Illumination is great, but running long in the tooth. It's a Millennium show, hasn't changed at all really. Wishes is good, but having to put up with MK is just too much of a downer.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fantasmic! Illuminations I can do without
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I am of the mindset if I plan on seeing Fantasmic usually at someone else's suggestion I always book the dinner package. Other than that I don't wait to go see it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I love Fantasmic!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We saw fantasmic last year for the 1st time with the fantasmic dinner package and although we enjoyed the show there was a group of about a dozen people behind us that kept buying beer and the more they bought the louder they talked throughout the whole show which totally ruined it for us. At one point I thought they were going to trip over us just to buy more. We are going back this Oct. and although we are not getting the dinner package we have decided if we get to see it again fine if not it will definetly not upset us.

Post Thanks / Like

the show is good but i hate the wait before the show and really hate the crowd at the end of the show!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Fantasmic once and I find it is not worth th 2+ hour wait or the stampede to get out at the end. With that being said I do think everyone should see it once so they can make up their own mind about it because as you can see by all the posts you either love it or hate it
    Two Tiny Wings,
    Eyes BIG and Yellow,Horns of a Steer,
    But a lovable Fellow! From Head to Tail,
    He's a Royal Purple Pigment And then Voila!
    You got a Figment
    The Dreamfinder

Dixie Landings-1997
    ASMo-2001
    All Star Sports-2008
    ASMu Family Suites-2009
    Beach Club-2011
    ASMo 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We keep saying that we are going to make it a priority to go and see something new, and Fantasmic was suppose to be it this time, but it got bumped.....and after reading mixed reviews, we will have to see next time. The wait time sounds horrendous and I don't like the idea of having to wait that long to get out too.

We did Illumination for the first time this year, and enjoyed it but, been there, done that seems appropriate, unless they change it.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Default We went once...

and probably won't go again unless there is a major change. It was just "okay" for us.

We've never seen Wishes or Illuminations. We've only attended one evening party (P&P) and we didn't have that much fun because our ds was too sleepy to really enjoy it. When our ds is older, we'll spend more evenings in the parks and catch more evening shows.

Tess
    poly07
    poly08
    pop09
    popChristmas09

Post Thanks / Like

You are definitely not the only one. I think I was expecting this unbelievable show since everyone told me how early you had to get there to get a seat, etc. We went on our last trip in '07 as well(for the first time). We do not make that a must see on our vacations to Disney. It is a nice show, I agree. Just not in the mood to sit for hours...with kids to wait for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Seen it twice.

I wouldn't even see it again if it were in my way.

I wouldn't see it again with guarenteed no wait for the best seat.

However, I see Illuminations multiple times each trip.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasmic has a simple Good vs. Evil storyline with good special effects. We like the show, but we don't like the wait for the show. I've seen it a few times and will not see it again until we take grandchildren.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

It is a show I love to see. We usually do the dinner package since we have to eat anyway. Last year, however, we were not going to do it, but was walking by and there was no line at all. So we sent the kids on to ToT and DW and I just strolled in, got a seat in about the 4th row, which was a different perspective (usually sitting at the top with mom and her ECV), and enjoyed it even more from down lower. Now, it could use a facelift, and I thought I read somewhere that one was planned.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I really love Fantasmic--for my 21 year old sister, it is her absolute favorite thing in all the world. I personally love both the show and the message--as someone prone to some negative and anxious thinking at times, it's nice to have a reminder that you need to overcome your own scary thoughts.

That being said, we agree that the logistics of the show are difficult, and became near impossible when they first cut back. Not to mention provoking of some pretty ugly behavior from fellow park guests. The 90 minute+ wait is worth it to us, because we love it so dearly, but we can understand why that combined with the awful exit procedures would lead other people to skip it. We go Christmas week almost every year, and with the three shows a night, we always found it very manageable--you could often arrive right before the show and still have a seat. The one show a night, two nights a week plan was disastrous, and I hope the people in charge realize that.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: