Quantcast A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend

A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend.
    by Ladyvader on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:23 pm

It is with such great sadness that I write this post to announce the loss of a good friend of mine, and one of the original members of Destinys Hand. My dear friend Orochi. She passed away a couple months ago from a surfing accident. I am sure that she was doing something that she loved passionately.

But that is the thing with Little Dragon Erin/Orochi everything she did in her short life she did with passion and a drive that I have never seen before in any person. She not only raised the bar for herself she raised it for everyone that she knew. I always considered myself lucky to know her.

She became a legend on VMK, there was not many people that did not know of her name on the game. Her high scores were always what all the VMK'r aspired to reach, and she helped many a player along the way, touching the lives of many in that Virtual Magic Kingdom. LDE was a rockstar for sure.

When POTCO began there was a handful of us that stayed together from VMK to form Destiny's Hand, in fact Orochi gave us our name. And gave us our logo. It was a perfect name for us. And now even more poignant. Destiny's Hand has taken away my friend Erin.

The world has turned into a funny place, where we are all finding friendships through virtual resources. Online games, Forums, etc, etc. And there are many of us that have never laid eyes on each other, much the same as I had never met Erin in real life.

But even though we never get that opportunity it does not lesson the fact that there are feelings of true friendship that bond us all as real friends. I love my virtual friends as much as any that I have here in my real world. And it is that bond that now makes me sit here crying over my loss. The loss of a young lady that at times I felt like she was my little sister, and her problems were mine, her triumphs were my joy. When she moved away, she never got to know how much I was going to miss her. But her opportunity to go and do something so wonderful I was just so happy for her. I never got to tell her goodbye. And now here I am saying goodbye for a last time.

So Erin, my little pirate sister. I love you. Aloha sweet pirate. Thank you for sailing with me for the short time we were allowed.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel very fortunate to have met her in VMK, continued to play with her on pirates, and to be able to call her a friend. This news has been devasting but has done one thing. I've been on the phone all day and talked to all those VMKers that I still have as friends and we've all cried together at this loss. It has brought us together.

I'm at a lose for words here (I know, rare huh) and so thankful that Ladyvader wrote such a beautiful tribute and let me share it with all of you.

We love you Erin and you'll always been in our hearts.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really good in words for something like this but here it goes. Like Lady Vader had said I never got to meet Dragon and boy I really did I ever wanted to meet her. She was a very good friend and fun to hang out and tease with her when the day she gave Doll her Inferno dance magic pin. I was there and how she would play the game like she didn't do it a Inferno Fairy did and how mush I knew it was her and how for a little bit I was a little mad at her but only pretending I was which she knew it. On the final days when I was tryingto fine her on VMK to get her in my VMK photo group it took me awild to track her down. I am also happy that she gave my DocRock a Inferno pin to give to me send both me and DocRock where close to each other in the game. I did on the last few days on another website found her at. I really don't know if they know that she has pass away. I am really shock to hear the news that Cat call me and told me. It's so weird first wake up hearing about the Angels ball player kick by a dunk driver and then like I said get a call from Cat and tell me about this. Dragon If you are seening this from above heaven I will miss seeing you and here I just got you on Myspace not to long ago. Here is my final photo with her.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...nds/Dragon.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...iends/vmkf.jpg

R.I.P. My friend. Best I can do for a Dragon.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well dear friends I am in shock. I read about Erin in another site. And as I was waiting for this site to load I called Chescat so she could tell me this was not true. Unfortunately she was not home from work yet. Then I found this. I remember the videos of Erin in real life and the wonderful soul we all met in VMK. Her karate videos, and the amazing performance she did in Hollywood. She will surely be missed. Aloha dear Erin.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

I was in total shock and disbelief when Traci called me earlier today.
    I never met Erin in person but still treasure the time we spent together in VMK. She was always generous and willing to help a friend. She truly was a special person and will be missed by all her friends and she made lots of them. So thanks for letting us share in your life.

R.I.P Littledragon your Inferno will burn in our hearts forever
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an IM from Chescat. Wow! What can I say about Little...I don't think I have ever known anybody more determined and more self-motivating than Erin. I never got the pleasure of meeting her in real life, but I think, like mentioned previously, we feel like we all were her friend. Your family here, Erin will miss you greatly, RIP... Aloha
    Karen/SparkleMeTink
    "That's me: wife, mother, superhero...I'm sure you can relate" - Mrs Incredible

"All you need is Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust"

1999 - Dixie Landing
    2005 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't had the opportunity to meet Erin either, but enjoyed hanging out with her on VMK. So sad that someone with so much passion for life had to leave us so soon...

Aloha LDE - you'll be missed!
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't on VMK much but I did know of Erin. I just want to express my sympathy to all of you who knew her much better than I.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

This is such sad, sad news... I'm shocked and speechless.

Such an amazing athlete and a dear friend. She will be greatly missed.

This video, featuring Erin at different ages, is 6 minutes long. It combines years of hard work. Watch it till the very end to see how skilled she was in the martial arts.

Remembering our friend
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I am at a loss for words. We will never forget you, LDE.
    Recovering VMK Addict Avalanchefan

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

This is such a sad day to learn of a well known friend like Erin to pass away at such a young age. She was a great friend to not just us but to everyone. Where ever she went and every room she came into she would make a new friend. I never met her in real life, since I mostly go to WDW, but it would have been an honor to have met her. She was a legend on VMK and not a day goes by that every time I think of VMK, I remember her story of her at Disneyland. You know the one she and Monkey were at VMK central and everyone wanted her autograph and picture, and Monkey was around the corner laughing. lol LittleDragonErin was an amazing person in her gaming skills and her life as well! Erin will be deeply missed, but like my mom told me last night We now have a VMK Angel looking over us from Heaven!
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked to hear this last night. It was really sad to hear. I never knew her personally but the time I spent with her in Pirates and especially VMK was something I wont forget she was always very generous and kind to whoever she came in contact with I feel very fortunate to have known her.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I was saddened what I heard about this a few nights ago. I never met her in real life, but she was a really nice and caring friend that I will never ever forget.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy A Tribute to a Pirate and a Friend

I'm very sorry to hear that she passed away. I remember her alot from our meetings on vmk and the times i ran into her with some of you. Im in that picture you took blue genie. . I think that was one of the best that you could have taken of all of us on vmk. I will miss her and it helps to know that she was doing something that she loved doing when she died. How did it happen?. I didn't think surfing could be that dangerous
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

I am shocked and speechless... when I read Cat's post on the Seafury's website I froze and couldn't move for a long time... Erin was an amazing, self-driven person and so thoughtful and kind to her friends, and to strangers as well. She was always ready to lend a helping hand to someone in need, and was incredibly friendly and outgoing with everyone. I have never met her in person, but even over the avatar she has always been a magnetic and charming person who was determined in everything she did. I remember she was the among the few who brought me to the Intercot group on VMK for the first time, when I randomly found her room. And she was also the one who gave up an Inferno (as well as other things) to me, and to many others, just to make us happy. But what I treasure most is the friendship and loyalty that she has given me in the short time I have known her. I'm glad to have met you Erin, and I will miss you so very much. We love you and RIP.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

For those that don't know me, I knew Erin since we were in Jr. High. Although she was only a year younger than me, she's always been that little sister I never had. Since I've known her, she's always been a gamer. I think of all the time I've spent hanging out with her, more than 75% of it was either at an arcade or playing console/computer games. I guess I kind of suckered her into VMK during one fateful trip to Disneyland, and that of course down the road led to POTCO.

After VMK closed, it's all she would talk about. Her friends there and how much she would miss them and all the fun times. The game, she could care less about. I think that's why she really didn't want to spend time on VMK during it's closing days. It hurt her a lot to know that a world where she met so many wonderful friends was closing forever. Contrary to what many thought, she didn't care about all the stuff she got. It was just something to keep her busy while she hung out with some great people. I knew the side of her that also was a perfectionist. Competition was always her strength. And not necessarily against anybody else, but against herself. She would set goals for herself and then push herself to reach them. It wasn't about being the best or being popular. It was about seeing what she was capable of.

Moving to POTCO, she was disappointed that the social aspect wasn't the same as VMK's. She was happy that many of her VMK friends were still reachable however. But of course, that perfectionist in her pushed her to play through to the end game. I remember she stopped playing POTCO to focus on the closing days of VMK. And when she returned she kicked herself a lot seeing many of her friends having already reached 40, while she was left behind at 20. It wasn't a rivalry or a race to reach that cap, but rather just her competing against herself. She was known within DH and Seafurys as one who would try to solo everything. She always wanted to see what she was capable of on her own before asking others for help. On the flip side, she would drop everything if asked for help from another.

And of course that was her in other aspects of life too. Dance and Martial Arts were her other passions. And she attacked them with the same energy as she did in games. A very infectious one full of fun and excitement. I think that's what made her so special. And what attracted many to her, myself included. You couldn't help but get sucked into her world. She always had a fun take on life. Even if she was mad or upset about something, it was still entertaining to hear her rant about it. It was who she was. (Anybody who's read her blogs knows what I mean.)

Less than two months ago, Erin was surfing, caught a huge wave that sucked her under, hit some rocks, went into a coma and was rushed to the hospital. She never came out of it. And although it seems like a tragic accident, don't feel as though she didn't deserve to die that way. It's the way she wanted to go. She always talked about life as an adventure. And attacked it with a lot of energy. Her passions were dancing, martial arts and surfing. She had just started her rise as a stuntwoman in the film and tv industry. She liked living on the edge and knew the risks she took. Yeah, she still had a lot of life ahead of her, but the life she did live was never wasted as far as I saw. She took full advantage of every second of it.

The last time I talked to her, about a week or so before the accident, we actually spent a good chunk of time talking about getting back on Pirates. I myself have been busy playing World of Warcraft. She was taking time away from the gaming scene to surf and just enjoy life unplugged. But in the end I think we had every intention of coming back at some point.

I do remember once, while VMK was still at its peak, we came up with a hypothetical, what if LittleDragonErin ceased to exist. She brought up the question of how all these people who followed her around would take it, as she knew most of them were kids. She wondered how her closest friends would find out. She liked being anonymous behind the avatar. Yes, much of her life lately was spent kind of in the spotlight, dancing on stage, in music videos, filming movies and tv shows...but she liked to keep her gaming persona seperate from her real life.

I think deep down inside, she liked the anonymity that came from helping those around her without anybody truly knowing who she was. She always was one of the nicest people you'd ever meet and constantly doing random acts of kindness. She always believed that things came full circle in life. How you treated others would some day come back to you. She felt blessed to always come across so many wonderful and giving people in the gaming world whose faces she would never see. Whose voices she would never hear. Practically strangers yet as close as any family member. As often as she talked about all of you, it was clear that she treasured every friendship, regardless of having never actually met the person behind the avatar. And from the response to this news, I'm happy that the feeling was mutual.
    -MonkeyBoyJoe
    "So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no grog. And we're getting dangerously low on grog." [Monkey Island]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to say. The kids and I are in shock. Erin was always so kind and friendly to us in VMK. It's such a shame to lose someone so full of life. She will be missed by us all.
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Erin had a ton...A TON...of screen caps stored on her hard drive. Took a while to go through them all. Unfortunately, I couldn't include everything. And even from the ones I wanted to include, I had to still cut some out. Hopefully this is enough of a sampling of her 3 years in VMK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqvbIJW_4g

[Notes: The boy in yellow was the first toon she actually created, YellowChimpJay. Her "storage" alt was DanceDanceRin, which I couldn't find a pic of, but she was dressed in the pink cap/shirt outfit in on of LDE's pics. The opening pic is something she created for fun based on a Lilo & Stitch ad. The pic of her with the arcade machine was her layout for her userpages on several forums. She created that long before Disney put the arcade standups in the park. She always joked that they stole that idea from her. The signature pics are the signatures she used over at VMKMagic. Songs are Remember When (Disney's 50th Anniversary Theme Song) by LeAnn Rimes and My Name is Lincoln from The Island soundtrack.]
    -MonkeyBoyJoe
    "So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no grog. And we're getting dangerously low on grog." [Monkey Island]

Post Thanks / Like

That is very beautful Joe I saw myself on part 446 on the picture. I was in the Jafar hat or should I said Genie Jafar. Thx for showing it.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

What a shock! Prayers for her family...
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03