Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23! - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy View Post
    Has anyone received the on-line survey for D23 members? It's about two pages of questions like what's your major Disney interest (theme parks, movies, etc), what drawf are you most like, what's your favorite kiss in a Disney movie, favorite villian, favorite Disney Hotel.
    Hmm.. Sounds like they are looking for ideas for an "exclusive" pin series or some other collectables...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that there's a D23 necklace on the movie rewards site, in case anyone is interested!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else get the 2nd Twenty-Three magazine already? It's only been a month and a half since the club started and the 1st magazine was released. I thought they were only doing 4 magazines a year about 1 magazine every 3 months.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the First Issue about a week ago
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Now we get to see with all the trouble you have been through with Club when you will get the 2nd issue.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Sheesh. You have the worst luck.

So, I won't see this magazine at all.. unless JP wants to run over to B&N and grab a copy for me.

Oops. Never mind JP! turns out Disneyshopping reduced the shipping costs for International by half. So, I ordered it.
    Last edited by Patricia; 04-27-2009 at 06:32 PM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the 2 charter year pins that were sold out are back up fpr sale.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my 2nd issue today.... came in a cardboard box... I love the cover.. DONALD!!!! And wow, they went all out and included another special gift... A PAPER FAN!!!! Yes, Disney is sparing no expense with D23... LOL....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    ... And wow, they went all out and included another special gift... A PAPER FAN!!!!
    OMG! I'm like so jealous!

Hon? Where's the checkbook?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will get my 2nd Magazine when everyone else gets their 3rd magazine after another 30 phone calls.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a little about the cardboard fan that came with the magazine.

A Fantastic Fan for Fantastic Fans
    04.29.09 - "This gift souvenir is a favorite piece of mine from the early Disneyland files of the Walt Disney Archives," says Archives Manager Becky Cline about the faithful reproduction of a Disneyland souvenir fan that D23 members are receiving with the summer issue of Disney twenty-three. "And as it is such a rare piece, we thought it would be a lot of fun to share it with our D23 members as part of the Walt Disney Archives Collection."

The fan is particularly close to Becky's heart. "My mother always carried a cardboard paper fan in her purse to use when the L.A. summers got to be a little too much to bear — air conditioning was not as prevalent in the 1950s and '60s, so a fan was still an essential accessories for ladies, and many businesses used them for advertising." It was the Disneyland souvenir fan, recreated just for D23 members, that Becky's mother used. "And I loved to play with it," Becky recalls. "Alas, my mother's fan disappeared many years ago, but I was thrilled to see one again in the Archives."

The fan is a reproduction of a very rare Disneyland souvenir. "Unlike the standard tri-fold fans of the '40s and '50s, this one has five 'folds' with tabs at the top that tuck together to create a usable fan," Becky explains. Each of the five folds is printed front and back with concept art of 10 Disneyland attractions — two from each of Disneyland's original five lands. Interestingly," Becky notes, "this souvenir was created so early that one of the major attractions pictured on the fan wasn't given its actual name! The section depicting the famous 'backside of water' scene from the Jungle Cruise is touted on the fan as 'Tropical Boat Ride.'"

Pic pf it here http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/04...N_FantFan.html

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Tink Charter Year pin - it says it'll ship in approx 9 weeks.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

D23 Members — Here's Your Chance to Become Donald Duck's Official Portrait Artist!
    05.26.09 - As many of you know, for more than 50 years, Disney Legend John Hench served as Mickey Mouse's official portrait artist. Last year, in celebration of Mickey's 80th anniversary, the Walt Disney Archives sponsored "Mickey's 80th Anniversary Portrait Competition," a Company-wide search for the next Disney artist who would carry on John's legacy.

Now, to help celebrate Donald Duck's diamond anniversary, D23 pays homage to the popular Mickey Mouse anniversary portraits created by Disney Legend John Hench — while at the same time creating a new tradition for all those artistic D23 members out there. D23 members now have a chance to submit a tribute to their favorite duck, and finalists will be able to see their work displayed in the Fan Art Gallery at the D23 Expo this September 10–13, 2009 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Here are all the details and deadlines for this amazingly "ducky" opportunity to show off your creative talents, as well as your love for our favorite duck! Good duck…oops, LUCK to all!

Guidelines

Members must submit a sketch of their proposed work to The Walt Disney Archives no later than June 15, 2009. No more than three (3) sketches may be submitted per member. Work will be judged by a panel of creative executives.

Artists whose work has been accepted by the panel at the initial sketch stage will be notified by telephone or e-mail on or before July 15, 2009 and must respond to notification. If a response has not been received within ten days of notification, the acceptance will become null and void.

Final art must be submitted to The Walt Disney Archives no later than August 15, 2009. Entries received after this date will not be accepted, judged, or returned. From the final artwork received, the panel will select one winner and several runners up, all of whom will have their artwork displayed at the D23 Expo. Those finalists will be notified no later than August 28, 2009.

The winning entry will be announced during a special event at the D23 Expo on Saturday, September 12.

ARTIST ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to any D23 member in good standing, who is 18 years of age or older.

PORTRAIT SPECIFICATIONS: The final work must be a full-length portrait of Donald, evoking the complex personality of our favorite duck.

Medium: oil, acrylic, or watercolor on canvas
    Dimensions: 24"W x 36" H
    Notes: May be signed by artist

ELIGIBLE WORK: Works must be original in concept and created solely for this contest. Work may not have been previously published in any form whatsoever. Work done for The Walt Disney Company ("Company") business or with any help from or under the supervision of another person will not be accepted.

ENTRY FORMAT AND FINALIST SELECTION: Initial entries must be original sketches of the planned work in any media and any size selected by the artist.

ENTRY FORMS: Entry forms must be downloaded from the D23 Web site and must be fully completed, signed and affixed to the original sketch(es). Entries submitted without completed forms will not be considered. Entries must be received on or before June 15, 2009. ENTRIES RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED OR RETURNED. D23 is not responsible for late mail deliveries.

SPECIAL NOTE: Upon submission, all entries (sketches and final paintings) become the property of Disney Enterprises, Inc. ("Disney") and may be used in perpetuity at Disney's sole discretion. Artists are responsible for all material costs including packaging and shipping. All finalists selected to have their work displayed at the D23 Expo will be eligible for two complimentary 4-day passes for the 2009 D23 Expo. Click here to download Artwork Submission Form, Artwork Submission Agreement, and Rules and Procedures for Submission of Work.

Post Thanks / Like

Not for $75.00. Plus, why reinvent the wheel? The best online community is right here -

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like if you joined D23 from day one they are sending out free pins. Darn I joined on day 2. Would be neat if I could still get one but I suppose I won't.

This is a couple pics from someone who got the pin:
    http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...3/DSC00532.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...3/DSC00533.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Darn, looks like I shouldn't have waited to pay with Disney Visa points and should have joined on the first day. Oh well, I'm still considering ordering one of the other charter year pins but can't decide for sure.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VolMickey View Post
    Not for $75.00. Plus, why reinvent the wheel? The best online community is right here -
    FYI, they're not "reinventing the wheel" at all!

D23 is not trying to compete with ANY of the "unofficial" Disney sites, so it's best to just be thankful that the company themselves is acknowledging the fans in such a manner and that they've created a club that can better allow them to actually connect with the fans and communicate with them rather than allow naysayers to continue falsely-accusing them of ignoring the fanbase.

Post Thanks / Like

Default D23

Received my charter member pin from Fedex, this was a nice surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I got mine, as well. It's a nice pin and yes ... a nice surprise.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got the next magazine yesterday it has the Disneyland Haunted Mansion cover, there is also another gift included. It is one of six different patches to celebrate the first expansion of Disneyland on June 14th 1959. I got the Fantasyland Autopia patch.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: