Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - March 30-April 15, 2009

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - March 30-April 15, 2009

Each day in March, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Monday pm, March 30, 2009
    A gorgeous day today with a high of 76. Tomorrow also will remain clear with a high of 80-82 and a low around 60. Wednesday remains very iffy. The question is how far south will the rain come? I think you'll see a high 82-84 on Wednesday. The models seem in pretty decent agreement that the front will push south into the I-10 corridor, but not much further so Orlando should stay dry. The problem is a shift of just 75 miles will change everything. We'll see. I think you should keep an eye to the sky Wednesday as there's a possibility of an isolated shower, but not a likelihood. The front moves back north on Thursday so dry and warm will continue with a high of 82-84. Friday will be 80-82 with a potential for showers in the evening. Saturday looks like a better chance of rain, though the showers and thunderstorms will be fairly scattered. Not an all day kind of thing. The high Saturday will be 78-80. Sunday warms back to 82-84 with clear skies, but the next front pushes in on Monday with showers and a high 75-77.

Long range...We're still looking cooler and wetter than normal on the long range. April 7 is clear with showers south of Orlando and a high 68-70. April 8 warms back into the mid 70s then into the upper 70s for April 9. The next rain chance looks to be April 10 with a high in the low to mid 70s. April 11 could have some isolated morning showers, but then temps warm back into the upper 70s. April 12-15 a pretty strong upper level high builds over Florida which will dry things out and allow highs to be in the mid 80s with lows in the mid 60s.

Travel Impact
    No major delays as of 1:00 pm CDT. Just minor stuff around the NYC area. For tomorrow, a slight risk of severe weather exists over southern MS (including Jackson), and LA. Other areas that could be impacted by delays include AR, TN, AL, MO, GA, KY, IL and IN.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...

Looks good for us. We arrive on Thursday for the WDW Princess 1/2 Marathon!! The forcast couldnt be better!!
    FT Wilderness every year since 1976..TRIPS IN 2010....Princess Marathon March10 (Contemporary),Easter 2010 (AKL), Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (FW Cabins), June 2010 (Wliderness Lodge), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Sept 10 (DGC), Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Oct 2010 (WL)

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh!! I'm crossing my fingers that we won't have too much of a delay on Tuesday when I leave!!
    * Yacht Club * Pop Century * WDW Dolphin * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Old Key West *

Next trip:
    November 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort - Wine and Dine Half Marathon

February 2014 Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I don't see any serious delay issues for Tuesday, though I'll certainly update that tomorrow.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We are arriving Friday, staying thru next Wednesday, and the weather sounds perfect!!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great updates!!! I just wish we could wear shorts at the AEP instead of pants oh well.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Default March Visits to Disney

Hope the forcast improves for the week starting the 14th (our arrival date). Doesn't appear to be any waterpark weather yet!
    ALL STAR SPORTS 2004
    POFQ 2006
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2007!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - March, 2009
    Next visit - August, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the weather updates!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Is the 26th and 27th still looking like rain ?
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    Is the 26th and 27th still looking like rain ?
    As of this morning, yes. The 26th more than the 27th. We'll see how it looks on the afternoon model runs. However, that's WAY into voodooland so don't put too much stock in the rain on those days just yet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

this is super-helpful! thanks so much!!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

We will be there 4/2-4/5 so all looks pretty good tome. We are headed back home on the 5th so maybe we will beat any storm that moves in. Hopefully, It will be very late in the day!
    Thanks again.
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP
    "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep." Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if there is anywhere to check to see what the weather is supposed to be like along our drive down I75 this coming Wednesday evening. I would appreciate it if you could maybe tell me where I could find information like that.
    '92 Port Orleans, '94 Condo/Off Site, '97 All Star Sports, '01 All Star Movies, '04 Pop Century, '07 Off Site, '07 All Star Music, '09 April Pop Century, '10 Pop Century, '12 All Star Sports,'14 AoA, '15 POP, '17 POP

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the forecast is cooler and rainier than usual. Is it? We are visiting 4/18-4/25 and I feel like in years past it's been in the 80s with very little rain.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
    I was wondering if there is anywhere to check to see what the weather is supposed to be like along our drive down I75 this coming Wednesday evening. I would appreciate it if you could maybe tell me where I could find information like that.
    Ask and you shall receive. You can generally check the Weather Channel or Intellicast for travel forecasts. They'll show you in a very general way what type of weather will be along a specific interstate. As for my thoughts...it's going to be close and timing will mean everything. Right now it looks like a fairly strong front will be moving across the country on Wednesday. However, it should be through Cincinnati early Wednesday morning (the NAM doesn't move the rain out until early afternoon, which is I say timing is everything) and I think you shouldn't have any issues except maybe some light showers or sprinkles all the way through Atlanta. Again, it depends on the speed of the front, but it looks like you will likely hit showers and thunderstorms around Valdosta which will stick with you through into Florida, maybe all the way to Orlando. Depending on when you leave, you actually might be dry all the way. Check each state's DOT website for construction updates and road conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    It seems like the forecast is cooler and rainier than usual. Is it? We are visiting 4/18-4/25 and I feel like in years past it's been in the 80s with very little rain.
    Temps have been a little below normal for the last several months. As for rainfall, Orlando has actually been quite dry. We're just in a pretty active pattern right now. That said, Orlando still isn't getting as much rain as other places and temps are starting to move to more seasonal norms. I'd expect 80s while you're down for your trip.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, everyone. Just a note...please be sure you have a weather radio in your home. We're hitting prime tornado season and things are being pretty active. The hazardous alert sirens are intended for outdoor use only. You need a weather radio in your home. You can get one for around $30 at Walmart or Publix. Be sure the weather radio you buy has SAME technology. That enables you to program the radio only for your county so that you're not woken in the middle of the night for something 100 miles away.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Ask and you shall receive. You can generally check the Weather Channel or Intellicast for travel forecasts. They'll show you in a very general way what type of weather will be along a specific interstate. As for my thoughts...it's going to be close and timing will mean everything. Right now it looks like a fairly strong front will be moving across the country on Wednesday. However, it should be through Cincinnati early Wednesday morning (the NAM doesn't move the rain out until early afternoon, which is I say timing is everything) and I think you shouldn't have any issues except maybe some light showers or sprinkles all the way through Atlanta. Again, it depends on the speed of the front, but it looks like you will likely hit showers and thunderstorms around Valdosta which will stick with you through into Florida, maybe all the way to Orlando. Depending on when you leave, you actually might be dry all the way. Check each state's DOT website for construction updates and road conditions.

Thanks!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell615 View Post
    Thanks!!!!!
    Just an update...the forecast I gave you still holds. It looks like you should be mostly rain free, with the exception of a few sprinkles or maybe a light shower, until south of Atlanta. From Atlanta down to I-10 you're running the risk of showers/thunderstorms, but south of I-10 it should clear up again.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for providing these updates.
    my Aunts are down there now for a few days & Ill be there on the 12th, so Ill keep an eye on your posts
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM