Quantcast Have you ever won a trip contest?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever won a trip contest?

I try to enter every contest I come across to win a Disney trip - never have won, but I keep trying. I was just wondering if anyone here has won one, and how it went.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

never, and every time I hear about someone winning, the family is like "we don't really even want to go, but I guess we will since its free"...I can't tell you how many people I've heard that from
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The closest I've gotten to winning any trip is the Universal 7-day 2-park tickets I "won" from the Super Bowl commercial last month. (Still haven't gotten the ticket package, though.)

I've been entering every trip sweepstakes I can find for a couple years now.

Currently, I am entering 2 DVC membership sweeps and 2 Disney trip sweeps on a daily basis and have 'one and done' entries in about half a dozen more.

Post Thanks / Like

We Won a Trip Last Year!!!

I live in SW Pennsylvania. We have urgent medical care facilities called Med Express. These facilites are open 7 days a week and in the evenings. Well in Oct 2007 I had an ear infection and could not get in to see my family doctor. Instead of going to emergency room, we went to Med Express. There was a drop box where you filled in a name and phone number for a trip to WDW. Yeah right. My DH did not even want to fill it out, I made him.

Well the Friday before Christmas 2007 called ID showed that MEd Express had called 4 times. While eating dinner, they called again. Boy was I mad. My DH answered the phone and said yes this is Howard. What? I just won a trip to WDW? Well, needless to say we all dropped our forks in shock! We forgot that we even filled out the form.

The initial call said we won a trip for 4 for 3 nights/4 days. Not knowing they were dealing with a disney vet, I called and asked lots of questions.

Is it a room at WDW Resort? What level? Does it include airfare? What about park tickets? Park hoppers? Dining plan? What do I need to do to pay for the 5th member of my family.

Finally, the lady at Med Express tells me that I have $4000 to spend as I like. If I go during peak season in a deluxe a resort, I may get to go for 2-3 days.

My family of 5 traveled to WDW in November 2008. We stayed 8 days, 7 nights at POR with the dining plad with round trip air. We exceeded the $4000 and had to pay $500 for the vacation.

Obiviously we will NEVER again think twice about entering a chance to win a trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I won a trip in November 2001 from a local radio station. It was pretty cool. I had to call in and guess the movie from a sound clip of a character voice. I thought I'd lost when I wasn't the first caller because it was so easy, Jock from Lady and the Tramp. But the first caller messed up, and then the second, and the third one guessed Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo! Ha. So I had my chance and won.

I honeymooned in WDW but it was our first chance to bring the kids and it allowed us to try out a moderate level resort, Port Orleans Riverside. We had previously only stayed Deluxe and wondered if it would be the same staying for less. We had a wonderful trip and added days on our own because it was only a four day trip, flight, hotel, and tickets included. Port Orleans was very nice, but we learned that staying deluxe really makes a difference to us and we've never gone back to moderate. Though, I would gladly do so if I was lucky enough to win a trip again.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have won several trips.I am getting e-mails saying I won an all expense paid trip to WDW.Just fill out the form.I did.I would then get a phone call telling me about this great trip.For a processing fee of a few hundred dollars.
    HOW DO YOU SPELL FRAUD?
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

It's good to hear that a couple people have won. Maybe I would stand a better chance if I could find a local contest?

I actually came in 2nd place with votes in a contest on the Family Fun magazine site. First prize was a trip to Disney and second prize was supposed to be $1000. First prize was chosen by a panel of judges based upon the story. They were all vacation stories, mostly Disney trips. I was shocked when I saw the story chosen for first prize! There were so many other stories that were so much better. Second prize was determined by number of votes, and all of my wonderful family and friends put out a lot of effort to vote for me every day. I got totally blown away by another story though that got literaly hundreds of votes each day! Ah well. I'll never enter a voting thing again.

And Pete, so sorry about the fraud emails. That's terrible!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    I have won several trips.I am getting e-mails saying I won an all expense paid trip to WDW.Just fill out the form.I did.I would then get a phone call telling me about this great trip.For a processing fee of a few hundred dollars.
    HOW DO YOU SPELL FRAUD?
    We dropped our name in a box at a Home Show and won a trip. Had the same experience that they wanted my CC# to charge a $300 processing fee. Told the man no thanks and he got really angry, I just hung up.

Went back to the same show this year and they had the same contest. I really wanted to say something to them but I didn't.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I won a trip back in 2004. In our local grocery ad there was a form to fill out to win a trip from Kelloggs and Disney. I filled it out and read the fine print that said you could also fill out the info on 3x5 paper and sent 6 more in too.

I had totaly forgotten about it untill one morning I was taking my oldest to school and the Fed Ex truck pulled in the driveway and I was mad because I was late. I opened the envelope and it only said I was a potential winner. I took it over to my brothers and he said "It appears you won a trip"

We went January 2005, we sayed 3 nights 4 days at the Poly, Round trip airfare, 4 day parkhoppers, and 200.00 in disney dollars.

I keep trying to win another but no such luck yet.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Post Thanks / Like

I won a trip in a random drawing from the company that I worked for at the time. It was part of our annual holiday party. I won a 4 day 3 night all inclusive trip for 4 which I managed to stretch into a 9 day 8 night trip for 2 all inclusive. It was nice when they handed me a check and allowed me to make my own arrangements. It wasn't bad for a runner up prize, the big prize that year was an all inclusive trip to Hawaii for 4 for 7days 6 nights.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I recently won a trip! We haven't taken it yet, but have started planning. I won it through the WDW Radio podcast. If you want to hear the whole story, check out my homepage. Long story short, 5 nights deluxe concierge with tickets, dining plan, and lots of extras. We're extending our trip 2 nights so we can try out AKL. I am still over the moon about it all...!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

So cool that you guys have won trips! I would be over the moon too. I'll just keep trying.

Post Thanks / Like

That's so awesome for all who have won! I keep entering contests, but am still waiting for that phone call telling me I won! Someday...
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I've never won a trip to WDW. I remember reading on here a few years ago that someone won a trip from a McDonald's promotion. They got the winning "game piece" in their happy meal.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never won anything. I just keep popping balloons hoping for a pin!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I've never won a trip but a good friend of mine did.

Her family won a trip to Orlando for 3 days in Sea World. Airfare, hotel, meals and park tickets all paid for. She invited me but I couldn't go.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

My ex-boyfriend won two trips in a local radio station contest. I actually entered both our names on their website and his name got picked. It was 2 nights at the Yacht Club, 4 one-day park hoppers, and tickets to the Taste for the Senses. One of the best trips ever! Then a few months later I entered us again on another local radio station website and he got picked again. I believe it was the same prize, except instead of tickets to Taste for the Senses it was a $100 Disney gift card. But we broke up before we had a chance to go. Unfortunatly the prize was in his name, and I have a sick feeling that he just didn't go and let it expire.
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    HOW DO YOU SPELL FRAUD?
    You spelled it correctly. You get the gold star. Or at least some appreciation from the people in another thread who have a spelling pet peeve.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: