Quantcast Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003

According to a report by Sports Illustrated, Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, when he was with the Texas Rangers and won the AL home run title and MVP award.

According to the report, which was posted Saturday morning on SI.com, sources told the publication that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive that year, when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed.

Sources who know about the testing results told Sports Illustrated that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan, an anabolic steroid.

In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.

Rodriguez, reached at a Miami gym Thursday for comment by Sports Illustrated, said: "You'll have to talk to the union."

Asked if there were an explanation for the positive test result, Rodriguez told SI: "I'm not saying anything."

Sources confirmed to ESPN's T.J. Quinn that Rodriguez was aware he tested positive for steroids in 2003.

Primobolan, also known as methenolone, is an injected or orally administered drug. It improves strength and maintains lean muscle with minimal bulk development and few side effects. It is not an approved prescription drug in the United States. Testosterone can be taken legally with a prescription.

In a December 2007 interview with "60 Minutes," however, three days after George Mitchell's report on drugs in the sport was released, Rodriguez denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

"I've never felt overmatched on the baseball field. ... I felt that if I did my, my work as I've done since I was, you know, a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level," he said on "60 Minutes."

Scott Boras, Rodriguez's agent, did not immediately return calls from ESPN.com seeking comment.

Both the Yankees and the Rangers told ESPN they would not comment.

Michael Weiner, general counsel for the players' union, declined to comment, and said he did not know if the union would have any comment Saturday.

Major League Baseball plans to release a statement later Saturday.

Survey testing was created in 2003, in an agreement with the MLBPA, to see if mandatory testing and penalties were necessary to be implemented in 2004 -- it also was specifically designed to ensure players would not be identified.

The actual samples were kept in one lab in Las Vegas and had codes, not players' names. A list with the names and corresponding codes were in an office in Long Beach, Calif., and were never supposed to be united.

MLB and the union had a deal with the company that any negative samples were to be automatically destroyed after 30 days.

However, because of the current Barry Bonds investigation and the evidence the government is seeking to present in his current perjury case, it is now known that samples were not destroyed. It had been previously reported that Bonds did not test positive in 2003, but the government found the sample when all were seized, and had tested it.

According to court documents unsealed by a federal judge on Wednesday, Bonds tested positive three times for methenolone.

More than 5 percent of players in the majors tested positive for performance-enhancing substances in the '03 survey, and mandatory testing was implemented -- including provisions for penalties -- in 2004.

Even if Major League Baseball were to confirm that Rodriguez was one of the players to test positive in 2003, he would not be subject to any sort of discipline based on that testing.

However, if information emerges about positive tests from 2004 on, circumstances could change. There have been players connected with HGH purchases from 2004 and forward, for example, who have been subject to discipline by the commissioner's office.

"I think in the climate that we have today, you don't have much shock anymore," Rangers senior adviser John Hart said on the MLB Network. Hart was the general manager during the 2003 season. "Obviously Alex probably is the best player in baseball. This has always been a special talent and the guy has been putting up Hall of Fame numbers since the day he showed up in the big leagues. It saddens me. I've been in the game for almost 40 years and it hurts a little bit, if in fact this is true."

Rodriguez played for the Rangers from 2001 to 2003. He was traded to the Yankees in 2004. He is drawing a major league-high $27 million salary after signing a record $275 million, 10-year contract with New York in 2007.

Rodriguez until now has had an offseason dominated by talk of disclosures in Joe Torre's recently released book. The former Yankee manager wrote of the pressure A-Rod puts on himself and the third baseman's need to command the stage. Torre said some in the Yankees clubhouse referred to Rodriguez as "A-Fraud," although Torre made light of that during interviews promoting his book, "The Yankee Years."

"Alex is a great kid, he's got a conscience and loves the game of baseball," Hart said on the MLB Network. "I think, if anything, Alex tries to be a pleaser in a lot of ways. Looking up at what he's done and his career, I think it's going to affect him. He has the ability at times to tune it out, but he's in a huge media market there in New York.

"It's going to be a huge story, spring training is right around the corner, and you know what's going to happen when you show up at camp. I think it's going to be a little bit of an issue."

Information from The Associated Press, ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick, ESPN The Magazine senior writer Buster Olney, and ESPN's T.J. Quinn was used in this report.
    --------------------------------------------------------

So much for a normal spring training ...
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me who hasn't taken steroids, and then I might be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate A-Rod. Doesnt surprise me at all.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I totally agree with this statement!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I totally agree with this statement!
    Oh, don't get me wrong; I think that steroids were very prevalent in baseball up to 2004 and still exist to a lesser degree today, as I think is the case for all professional sports, not just baseball. I just thought this was interesting in that the identity of the 104 players was supposed to be anonymous. If I was one of the other 103 players, I would be a bit nervous.

Not to mention, there have been a lot of Rangers linked to steroids (A-Rod was a Ranger in 2003).
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, I agree with that too - I'm sure that steriod useage was rampant in baseball prior to 2004 - those 104 persons named on that list probably weren't the only ones. I also think that for the next few years we're going to hear all kinds of "name-dropping" from that supposedly anonymous list. And at this point in time, with this all now 5+ yrs behind us, I don't honestly care who used steriods and who didn't. I'm sure it's tainted stats and possibly championships, but knowing who did and who didn't isn't going to change those stats or championships at this point. It should have been dealt with long before now - like at the time when it was happening.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I hate A-Rod. Doesnt surprise me at all.
    Spoken like a true Red Sox Fan. You would love him if he signed with the Sox.

My problem with the whole situation is simple end the name dropping already. This could go on for years and years. Either release a comprehensive list of everyone or just put in the past. It has already been proven that some non-banned substances that are league approved can create the same chemicals in the body that steroids do and really at this point it's just a waste of time and money to continue this witch hunt. I am not defending steroids or their use but I think it's time to say it happened not much we can really do about it except wipeout the last 10 plus of baseball and just move forward and wait for the next scandal.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Spoken like a true Red Sox Fan. You would love him if he signed with the Sox.
    Acutally no I wouldnt. I actually hated A-Rod back when he was with texas. Ever heard of the A-Rod curse? I didnt like him then, I think he is a arrogant idiot. But thats personal opinion. Plus he can never get it done when it needs to be. yea yea he can put up number. But when its needed hes not there. Hes another Manny in my book. And for the record I actually said, back when there was trade talks, that if A-Rod came to the Red Sox that I would become a Yankee fan. Just because. Im glad Manny is gone, and I am glad A-Rod never came to us. I give him no respect because he deserves none. Ya yea blah blah he was an MVP back when he was in Texas yada yada. Doesnt make him a good player forever. He had a good year that year...and unfortunately for him he still doesnt own a World Series Championship ring....hmm odd isnt it.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

And here are the following reason why A-Rod is never a good player, never will be a great player, and shall never in the history of the game make it to the hall of fame. He had one year of good numbers....woohoo...big deal. Hes overrated....check his stats. Way over rated.

Quote from a sports site explaining what I was talking about...and by the way its not a new englad sports web site either its from the midwest somewhere. but somes it up in a nut shell.

That amazing Mariner team with Edgar Martinez, John Olreud (in his prime) Ken Griffey Jr (in his prime) didn't make it to the World Series, they got to the ALCS but lost. Then A-Rod moved to the Rangers a team that had another slew of future Hall of Famers like Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Gonzalez, and Ivan Rodriguez, they never amounted to much, despite having such a potent lineup. The latest team A-Rod has moved to, the New York Yankees. A team that is once again filled with great players like Derek Jeter, Gary Sheffield, Bernie Williams and the list goes on and on. This year they made it to the ALCS, they won three games, and then managed to blow it. Coincidence? I think not!

"Well why is A-Rod cursed?" I asked the spirits. Their simple answer was that no one should make a mockery of the game of baseball like Alex Rodriguez has. His money grubbing ways have tainted the game not only to fans but to players as well. Do you recall when A-Rod got his insane deal that pays him 25 million dollars a year? It was big news, and it was a shameful day for the game. A-Rod gets paid over one hundred thousand dollars for every game he plays, that is far more than most people make in a year. Just for reference to those non-baseball fans, there are one hundred sixty two games in a baseball season.
    And for the record, I am not believing in the actual "A-Rod curse" thing because thats a whole crock of bologna, just like the "Red Sox curse" neither really exist or ever did exist. Its just a little ironic that A-Rod just cant seem to help the other great players on his team get it done. But hey I want 25 million a year to have one good year out of 3....Give me a break. Absolutely insulting.
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 02-08-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typos....grrr
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    My problem with the whole situation is simple end the name dropping already. This could go on for years and years. Either release a comprehensive list of everyone or just put in the past. It has already been proven that some non-banned substances that are league approved can create the same chemicals in the body that steroids do and really at this point it's just a waste of time and money to continue this witch hunt. I am not defending steroids or their use but I think it's time to say it happened not much we can really do about it except wipeout the last 10 plus of baseball and just move forward and wait for the next scandal.
    Also I agree with this part of what you said one-hundred thousand million percent. I am sick of hearing it already...Yes I know there was steroids scandals in baseball yada yada....Im sorry but tell me something we didnt already know....Lets see Sosa getting caught with cork in his bat??? Now that was heart breaking to me! Now....heres the biggest point....they just release this information in the year 2009....Im sorry but it does not not take almost 6 years to do steroid testing. They new about this then and it was swept under the rug. And now they are going to make a big deal about his MVP award when he had steroids in his system? lets get over it now. Let it go. Cant take it back. What done is done. They should be more on top of this now, now that is such a big deal to them and they have been shown to be slackers as the whole baseball league in itself. Now they want to make it look like they are taking control of the situation. And lets not forget that this only came about after ex-baseball players start writing books about it. Then it turned into a big thing! Come on. The league in its whole new about everyone and everything and didnt do anything about it then hoping everyone would keep their mouth shut about it. Then they got caught. Now they have to make off like they care. They didnt care then, they dont care now. Its all make believe. Thats why we as fans will never see a list of everyone that caught using. And not that they ever got suspended even one game for getting caught. The league never cared enough. They should let sleeping dogs lay and yes move on to the next scandal. Its old now.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Tink, the test in 2003 was NOT swept under the rug. Those tests were meant to be used as a basis to see just how rampant performance enhancing drugs were in baseball. The tests were supposed to remain anonymous, unsealed with no names ever to be released.

Let is also be pointed out that A-Rod has not failed any tests since 2003. His numbers, if you look at his career, never really had any huge spikes. They are all pretty consistant, except for 2 years where he hit more than 50 home runs. Mind you, he didn't hit over 50 in 2003. I mean, it isn't like he turned 42, and suddenly became this hulking muscular guy hitting 75 home runs. Ya know, something that just doesn't happen unless you juice.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Let is also be pointed out that A-Rod has not failed any tests since 2003. His numbers, if you look at his career, never really had any huge spikes. They are all pretty consistant, except for 2 years where he hit more than 50 home runs. Mind you, he didn't hit over 50 in 2003. I mean, it isn't like he turned 42, and suddenly became this hulking muscular guy hitting 75 home runs. Ya know, something that just doesn't happen unless you juice.

I know, hence when I said. He has never had great stats anyway. He had one good year with the Yankees out of three. And one decent year with Texas. He has never been "great" in my book. I was explaining why I dont like A-rod and dont care about him when JPL said that I was being a typical Red Sox Fan and that if he came to the Red Sox that I would like him. I was in fact, stating why I wasnt just dismissing him with the whole "hes a yankee and Im a red sox fan" thing. I dont like him, because I dont like him, not just because hes a yankee.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I know, hence when I said. He has never had great stats anyway. He had one good year with the Yankees out of three. And one decent year with Texas. He has never been "great" in my book. I was explaining why I dont like A-rod and dont care about him when JPL said that I was being a typical Red Sox Fan and that if he came to the Red Sox that I would like him. I was in fact, stating why I wasnt just dismissing him with the whole "hes a yankee and Im a red sox fan" thing. I dont like him, because I dont like him, not just because hes a yankee.
    As a Yankee fan, it pains me when I see him come up in key situations and strike out. But, as far as numbers go, I think his numbers have been pretty darn good, consistant. His stats are great. He may not have put up 65 or more homers, but 35 plus homers every year, 300 batting average every year, and over 100 RBIs every year, in my book, are great numbers. I am not sure why you say his stats aren't great. The only thing that hasn't been great about him is he rarely comes through in key situations.

As far as the Red Sox/Yankee fan thing goes: Red Sox fans would love him if he played for them. Just like Yankee fans love him. However, with everything going on lately, as Yankee fans start to turn on him, Red Sox fans would have done the same thing. I am sure there are a few Sox fans who still would have hated him, you for example. I hated Randy Johnson before he was a Yankee and while he was with them. Red Sox and Yankee fans aren't much different from each other.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just stating my opinion in why I said what I said in the first place. And just defending myself to the notion that I was just making a "typical red sox" statement. And again, No I would not like him if he came to the red sox, whether he made numbers or not. Plus the red sox arent willing to dish 25 million a year for him anyway. He is IMHO for the numbers he puts up, and not coming through when needed, that he is not at all worth 25 million a year....I respect his numbers, at times, I do not respect him as a person, I think he has made a mockery of the yankees. Just like Manny had made a mockery of the red sox. Theres always one. And I personally think, he would be just as much drama as Manny was and isnt worth it. But again this is all in personal opinion, everbody is entitled to their own.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post

As far as the Red Sox/Yankee fan thing goes: Red Sox fans would love him if he played for them.
    Nope, sorry.

When the rumors were flying he was coming to Boston in the winter of 2004, I wanted no parts of him then.

I know Yankee fans who can't stand him.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default A-Rod admits using performance-enhancers

A-Rod admits using performance-enhancers

Mon Feb 9, 2:53 PM EST
    Alex Rodriguez admitted Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs from 2001-03, saying he did so because of the pressures of being baseball's highest-paid player.

``When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day,'' the New York Yankees star said in an interview with ESPN that was broadcast Monday shortly after it was recorded.

His admission came two days after Sports Illustrated reported he tested positive for steroids in 2003, one of 104 players who tested positive during baseball's survey testing, which wasn't subject to discipline and was supposed to remain anonymous.

``And I did take a banned substance and, you know, for that I'm very sorry and deeply regretful. And although it was the culture back then and Major League Baseball overall was very - I just feel that - You know, I'm just sorry. I'm sorry for that time. I'm sorry to fans. I'm sorry for my fans in Texas. It wasn't until then that I ever thought about substance of any kind, and since then I've proved to myself and to everyone that I don't need any of that.''

The 33-year-old All-Star third baseman was regarded by many in baseball as the most likely to break Bonds' record of 762. He's already 12th on the career list with 553 homers, 209 behind Bonds.

Rodriguez hit 52, 57 and 47 homers in his three seasons with the Rangers, winning the first of three AL MVP awards during his final season with Texas, where he received a $252 million, 10-year contract in December 2000.

``Back then it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young. I was stupid,'' Rodriguez said. ``I was naive, and I wanted to prove to everyone that, you know, I was worth, you know - and being one of the greatest players of all time.''

He joined Jason Giambi and Andy Pettitte among All-Star players who have confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs. Many other players have denied any use.

Barry Bonds, a seven-time MVP, is to go on trial next month on charges he lied when he told a grand jury in 2003 that he never knowingly used performance-enhancing drugs.

Roger Clemens, a seven-time AL Cy Young Award winner, is under investigation by a federal grand jury which is trying to determine whether he lied when he told a congressional committee last year that he never used steroids and human growth hormone.

In his 2008 book, ``Vindicated: Big Names, Big Liars, and The Battle to Save Baseball,'' Jose Canseco claimed he introduced Rodriguez to a steroids dealer. Canseco, who has admitted using steroids, subsequently said he had no knowledge of any drug use by Rodriguez.

``They are looking in the wrong places,'' Canseco said in a text message to The Associated Press. ``This is a 25-year cover-up. The true criminals are Gene Orza, (union head) Donald Fehr and (commissioner) Bud (Selig). Investigate them, and you will have all the answers.''

SI said that Orza, the union's chief operating officer, tipped off three players in September 2004 that they would be tested. Orza has repeatedly denied that he tipped off players, saying he merely reminded them late in the season that if they had not yet been tested, baseball's drug agreement required them to be tested by the end of the regular season.

Orza, who has been widely criticized by media since the SI report, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press that he doesn't care what the media says.

``I know the facts,'' Orza wrote.

Rodriguez said Orza told him in August or September 2004 about the list of names that had been seized by federal investigators.

``He said there's a government list. There's 104 players in it. You might or might not have tested positive,'' Rodriguez said.

SI.com reported Rodriguez tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone.

``It was such a loosey-goosey era. I'm guilty for a lot of things. I'm guilty for being negligent, naive, not asking all the right questions,'' Rodriguez said. ``And to be quite honest, I don't know exactly what substance I was guilty of using.''

Monday's ESPN interview directly contradicted a December 2007 interview with CBS's ``60 Minutes,'' when Rodriguez said, ``No'' when asked whether he's ever used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance.

On Friday, Rodriguez is still expected to attend an event at the University of Miami, which is renaming its baseball field in his honor.

He gave $3.9 million to the school in 2003, the largest gift ever to the Hurricanes' baseball program and money that provided much of the resources needed for renovating the existing on-campus stadium. In return, the baseball complex will be called Mark Light Field at Alex Rodriguez Park.

Despite the scandal, the facility will continue to bear Rodriguez's name, a university official said Monday. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the matter's sensitive nature.

Miami baseball players and coaches were not available for comment, spokesman Mark Pray said.

---

Associated Press Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami contributed to this report.

The Associated Press
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give him credit for admitting it, unlike Bonds and Clemens... But, that doesn't mean he should get off scott free here... A-Rod deserves the scorn he will now get... I really think these players deserve to have their contracts ripped up and banned from the game...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I really think these players deserve to have their contracts ripped up and banned from the game...
    Why should baseball do that when none of the other sports have done that? If I used your line of thinking, you would need to throw Lawerence Taylor out of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and Shawn Merriman should not be allowed to play.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

1) Blame the Union- according to a newspaper column I read, the union had the right to have the information destroyed.

2) Blame the players- BB has been notorious for their lack of a comprehensive drug policy. It only served to help the players 'do it'. Simply put, all the lies have to come to an end.

3) Blame the fans- yep, its our fault. We wanted the players to be something that they were not- "heroes".

4) Blame the owners- they wanted the money. Any way to get it, anyway to have the players appear better.

5) Blame the Government- they wanted to find the truth, and siezed the balco records. They also have fought off bids by the union to have the info returned/eradicated.

6) Blame Barry Bonds- (IMHO) He lied. The govt wants to catch him. Because of his lies, they went after BALCO and siezed these records. I doubt at the time they knew what was in them.

Its the blame game. Which one do you select ?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: