Quantcast Adventurer's Club Rumors? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    larger capacity restaurant/bar with an AC-like theme, maybe in or near the studios, might be interesting and get more family traffic.
    I would be there in a heartbeat.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The rumors about a possible AC reopening keep popping up; this quote is from another rumor-site, today (Feb 2nd):
    "I’ve heard a rumor this weekend that Disney may have reopened bookings for some of the old Pleasure Island nightclub locations as well as the Adventure’s Club. If the rumor is true, staff were informed that they may be taking new bookings for special events through to October 1st, 2009 now, the end of Disney’s fiscal year. There are whispers starting to work their way up about possibly doing something to breathe new lift into the area sooner than later, perhaps reopening the Adventure Club and a Club or two for the spring break crowds. Anyone know more?"
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't know anything, but if I had to guess I would say it's probably an economic thing.

My bet is they shut it down and now can't find any retail/dining outlets to take the space over.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally!

This thread is finally going in the direction it was intended! I also heard that the club is to be used for conventions through October and that the restaurant that was supposed to rent the space has backed out! Yay! I, for one, am going to be optimistic and see this as the teeniest tiniest shred of hope that my beloved Adventurers Club may re-open! Who's with me?
    Kungaloosh, Adventurers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm betting Ian is a little closer to the truth. With the latest news of massive layoff country wide, nobody is betting on tourism making a sudden upswing.

And, if booking are indeed down, Disney can't even present any proof to the contrary to lure anyone to open anything substantial.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometime you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you but always dress for the hunt

Kungaloosh!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    The rumors about a possible AC reopening keep popping up; this quote is from another rumor-site, today (Feb 2nd):
    A new update, from the same source:

We’ve heard from a couple of people today confirming that Disney has reopened private bookings for the Adventure’s Club and maybe other venues through to the end of the fiscal year. One source was walking through PI the other evening when they spotted a few suits getting a tour of the site, standing outside one of the club for a time talking when suddenly the outside lights of the club all came back on. It certainly looks like Disney is looking over their options to bring the area back to life in some form.
    95 DLRP
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I can see a few of the clubs staying open even with the new additions and the Adventurer's Club sure could stand up alone without the other clubs to support it.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Again, the fact that private parties are still happening in these clubs is no surprise and means very little. Disney is simply trying to get the most out of the locations and pros, etc until the time comes to do a complete removal. Believe me, I want any chance of TAC to be reopening to be true, but it is probably just NOT going to happen. The same rumors have been flying around since the doors closed an yes, there are private parties, etc, but that is all. Getting your hopes up will not bring it back, just make it more disappointing when it is torn down.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I suspect this is a case of wishful thinking. Disney is willing to pimp the place out for cash while they search for another tenant, but that certainly doesn't mean it has any long term shelf life.

Bear in mind, if the place was losing money when open to the general public, Disney really has no incentive to open it back up again. With private parties, they can charge enough to make a worthwhile profit so they make a lot more sense fiscally.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just a matter of the AC making enough money or not. They blacked-out PI and have no alternatives yet. To avoid more losses due to this at WS and MP, they want to revive PI.

Opening the Cloob for private parties only does not make sense; they still have to maintain a cast and crew for just a few evenings per week. Private parties are popular, partly because the Cloob is popular for the general public.

They always said that already booked events would be respected and would continue, until mid January. Extending this period is a business decision, with business reasons. If they are keeping private parties for any other reasons, they would have made this decision already last summer. Something must have changed in their business models; my best guess is potential partners backing out, probably because of the economic circumstances.
    95 DLRP
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    This thread is finally going in the direction it was intended! I also heard that the club is to be used for conventions through October and that the restaurant that was supposed to rent the space has backed out! Yay! I, for one, am going to be optimistic and see this as the teeniest tiniest shred of hope that my beloved Adventurers Club may re-open! Who's with me?
    Kungaloosh, Adventurers!
    I'm with you! I started this thread purely out of wishful thinking. There is plenty of reason to believe, wishfully, that there is a chance the AC may be brought back. If anyone doesn't want to get their hopes up there are plenty of other threads with other topics that you could comment on.

Post Thanks / Like

Wishes? At Disney??

I agree. I am not getting my hopes up, but there certainly isn't anything wrong with a little wishful thinking!
    KUNGALOOSH FOREVER!!

"Will you stop this foolishness!!"
    "What kind of foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

I used to go back when they first opened PI. Back when they had the Country and Western place. I can't remember the name. I think Armadillo or something like that. CW has been there from the beginning. I loved every night was New Year's. Since then it had gone stale. I went for the last time in Dec/07. Just went to the CW (was full) and the Beach club (I was 1 of 5, 9 if you count the band). The others just weren't my thing. I never did make it to the AC. So I don't know what I did miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWNut02 View Post
    If anyone doesn't want to get their hopes up there are plenty of other threads with other topics that you could comment on.
    While I understand wanting to get your hopes up alot of the information in this thread puts alot of things into perspective and covers both sides which is what a good discussion usually does. I would love to see the AC open up again tomorrow but throw out a rumour and not allow the pros and cons to be discussed as well how likely it is to actually happen doesn't make much sense. So for those who want their hopes let them read the positive signs for other people who are trying to approach it from a realistic standpoint they can read both sides and draw their own conclusions.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSad View Post
    I used to go back when they first opened PI. Back when they had the Country and Western place. I can't remember the name. I think Armadillo or something like that.
    Neon Armadillo.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    I don't need numbers.....because here's the deal....and it's 100% fact

If pleasure island generated acceptible levels of profit.....then it would still be operating.

It's pretty simple isn't it? WDW is there to make money....that is it's goal. To make money from travelers....to make money through cross-promotion....to make money by hooking "children of all ages" into putting positive associations with Disney and passing along their experiences - which lead to more generations of people visiting and spending money on Disney branded merchandise

Now does disney always make the right choices when they add/subtract areas? No.....but it is entirely profit driven unless it is a rare public relations disaster (Captain EO)....

The fact is that they looked at operating costs, receipts, and the figures behind their third party leasing agreements.....and decided that PI had hit the wall and that outsourcing restaurants had a better yield on what they had to put into it (not much...in this case)

I bet they're right....

So if i'm the most profitable store in a strip mall with few customers....does that make me any less BANKRUPT?

ok...that's an extreme analogy....but the loose logic holds....

PI has never generated what they wanted from it.....moreso since the advent of the West Side because that is PRIME disney real estate....

already known with infrastructure and services already there.....next to the insanely profitable marketplace....easy access to the large city of orlando that might go there but isn't in the magic kingdom for EMH....

Look....would the world have ended if they had tried to keep PI?

Absolutely not....but they took their shot (20 years) and haven't much liked the product.

Disney need not kiss up to adults looking for a good that kinda place anyway....

seriously...if you want adult partying....WDW is about the 1,000,000 best place to go....

It's still Disney...there are vices that can be had.....the droves will now not flock somewhere else....

Trust me....they've studied this into the ground....i don't think this is a risky decision they made with their fingers crossed and eyes closed.....

in the end....the marketplace, west side, and PI will all merge into one....and the cash will keep coming....

Besides....if you want an adult good time....I suggest the Rathskeller in State College, PA

I don't agree with your logic. PI was a dismal failure. The AC was, unlucky for it, located in a destination that was unsuccessful, and was doomed by its placement, not its concept. I think it is a stretch to suggest that AC was a failure because it couldn't "carry" PI.

I happen to think, as do others, that the concept is excellent and fits well into Disney's purported mission of providing excellent vacation entertainment programming for all ages. Consequently, I fail to see why it is such a ridiculous suggestion that it could be reprised elsewhere and meet with success and a new and perhaps broader fan base.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

It appears that WDW organized DJ auditions in Atlantic Dance Hall recently, stating that “Atlantic Dance Hall and our partners across property have requested us to find more DJ’s for them.” This adds to the rumour that they are planning to reopen some (PI) clubs before Spring Break.
    95 DLRP
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    It appears that WDW organized DJ auditions in Atlantic Dance Hall recently, stating that “Atlantic Dance Hall and our partners across property have requested us to find more DJ’s for them.” This adds to the rumour that they are planning to reopen some (PI) clubs before Spring Break.
    I have a trip planned for March 21st through the 28th! I was hoping something might happen before then. It would be nice to go to PI again (even if the AC isn't open). Otherwise it seems like Citywalk is the best spot for a night life.

Post Thanks / Like

reading this thread has brought back a lot of memories. I remember my first time at pI. I remember the uniqueness of AC, it was just a fun place to relax, to interact with the CM's there. I saw Marc Cohn perform for free, great improv at the comedy club, and conga lines around the whole place every night, and the occasional stagering to the bus after closing.
    It is sad to see it go but I prefer to remember the good times there instead of picking apart the company that created the parks we love so much. All companies make bad choices and when those choices take away places or rides that we love it is easy to condem then and forget about the other new places and rides that they have built along the way. Miss AC, hope for its return, but don't let its demise take away the magic that comes from what only Disney can give us.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: