Quantcast Best Resort for 1 year old?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Resort for 1 year old?

We were going to wait until our family's big trip planned for the Spring of 2010 to take DS to WDW for the first time. But the Buy4/Get3 promotion is just too tempting for us to pass up.

This would be our first trip with a child. We know it's going to be slower paced than we are used to. We don't care if we only do one or two things at a park, come back for a break, etc. We just want to go on vacation this year, and WDW is our favorite place to go. Even sitting on the balcony after DS is asleep and watching a movie on a portable DVD player or watching the MK fireworks while sipping a glass of wine sounds devine! 2008 was very tough year at work, and really would love to visit our happy place.

What resort would you recommend? We're open to any suggestions, except the Contemporary. It's just not our thing. We're looking at ease of transportation, children play areas/activities, onsite food options, etc. DS will definitely be in a stroller, and he still naps at least once a day.

Thank you!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When my children were that young if I could have afforded it at them time I would have stayed at one of the resorts on the monorail loop. The Poly is by far our favorite monorail resort. That's where I'd stay.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - if you think you will doing a lot of back and forth to the resort, then a monorail resort is the way to go. You'll spend much less time traveling.

If you don't want to spend the $$ on the monorail resorts, it depends on what else you are looking for. The values, like ASMovies, are very kid friendly, with lots of eye-candy, but they can be busy and boisterous. And though I have never had a problem with noise, etc, I have never had to worry about a young one needing naps, either.

If you would prefer something more quiet, but still moderately priced, POFQ is great. It's a small resort, so there's only one bus stop and all the buildings are a pretty short walk to food, bus, pool, etc. The pool is great, with a nice baby pool. The boat ride to DTD is really nice and the grounds are quite pretty. And the food court is good, too.

As with any bus resort, you can spend time waiting for buses, but the bus rides aren't terribly long.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Polynesian is ideal for people with young children. The Grand Floridian is also a nice choice. The Wilderness Lodge may be one to consider if you prefer rooms to be in the same building as the lobby amenities.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of the resorts are very child friendly, I can't imagine having a problem with any of them. Agreed that the Poly would be very easy with a one year old, WL, CR and Grand Floridian too. Easy transportation options and quieter then the values.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend either the Yacht Club or Beach Club. It's easy distance to both Epcot and DHS and has the best play options IMHO. Stormalong Bay (the pool complex for both resorts) is fabulous, and has a wonderful sandy beach/shallow water area which is perfect for little ones to play. Don' know if they still do this, but when we were there in spring of '08, they also showed movies on the beach at night. There is a lot to do outside of the parks if you need a break, and the food options in the area can't be beat.
    Jambo everyone!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Eeyore View Post
    I highly recommend either the Yacht Club or Beach Club. It's easy distance to both Epcot and DHS and has the best play options IMHO. Stormalong Bay (the pool complex for both resorts) is fabulous, and has a wonderful sandy beach/shallow water area which is perfect for little ones to play. Don' know if they still do this, but when we were there in spring of '08, they also showed movies on the beach at night. There is a lot to do outside of the parks if you need a break, and the food options in the area can't be beat.
    here, here....

hubub aside.....it's not like a 1 year old is going to demand 5 days of magic kingdom...

At that age (our son just turned), they go where you go and basically do what you want...

That being the case, Yacht and Beach and Boardwalk have the best locations of any WDW resorts.
    The backgate to EPCOT can't be properly descrived to explain what a wonderful feature it is...
    And since you are either a walk or a boat from the Studios as well, those locations can't be beat.

They also have a ton of food options and great pools...not to be discounted

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: