Quantcast Tidbits November 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits November 2008

Tidbits
    November 2008

Dinner and a Show

11/20/08 Similar to the Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package, Disney's Animal Kingdom is scheduled to introduce a Limited Lunch Dining Package for its popular Finding Nemo: The Musical later this year. Starting December 1, 2008, Guests who make a reservation at the Tusker House Restaurant between 1:00 pm and 1:40 pm will be eligible for reserved seating for the 3:15 pm showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical on the same day as the dining reservation. After enjoying their meal, participating Guests are given a reserved seating ticket and are asked to arrive at the theater by 2:45 pm in-order to be seated in the reserved area.

A Bit Smaller Buffet

11/20/08 Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort has again modified its Lunch buffet offerings at its Trails End dining location. Although the buffet has not been restored to its full former variety, most former selections have returned as of Early November. The buffet now includes assorted soups, assorted salad, fried chicken, pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, chili and a vegetable-of-the-day.

7/31/08Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort has modified its Lunch buffet offerings at its Trails End dining location. As of July 23, 2008, the buffet has introduced a buffet featuring assorted soups, salad and sandwiches only. The buffet previously included fried chicken, pulled pork and pizza in addition to the current offerings.

Going Goofy on Your Birthday

11/18/08 Presumably as a tie-in with the forthcoming “Celebration” promotional campaign for 2009, Goofy's Candy Company in the Downtown Disney Marketplace is launching birthday party program starting in December 2008. Guests can choose between the themed parties of Goofy's Scien-Terrific Birthday Bash or Perfectly Princess Party. Both parties are 90 minutes long and priced at $367.38 for a party of up to 12 guests, $392.38 for a party of 13 guests, $417.38 for a party of 14 guests and $442.38 for a party of 15 guests. Both parties include a themed glow souvenir, choice of Build-Your-Own Treat, themed autographed picture, party balloon, Goofy Glacier Build-a-Cup for each guest and themed games for all to play. The Birthday child receives either a Goofy gumball machine or crown, sash and boxed glass slipper (dependent on the party theme), a mylar balloon, party invitations and thank you cards. The parties provide 2 party hosts and held in a private party room. Parties are restricted to Guests ages 3 and older and can be reserved via 407-WDW-BDAY.

A Store Smoosh

11/18/08 The Mouse About Town, Once Upon a Time, and Sunset Club Couture stores at Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopened from a major refurbishment on November 8, 2008. Although the three stores have retained their individual facades, the interiors have been merged to provide a single open retail area. Guests have compared the new combined area similar to the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom; in that, although it is one large retail area it is still somewhat segmented. In addition to a refurbishment of the floors, sales displays, and fixtures, the merchandise has been restructured as well. Merchandise Cast have reported that the majority of the new retail entity’s merchandise is Women’s apparel; and although not eliminated, Men’s apparel and Watches has been significantly scaled back.

Meeting Like Cats and Dogs

11/18/08 Bolt and Mittens from the upcoming Disney release “Bolt” debuted as the newest in-park characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 9, 2008. The new Meet & Greet opened in the Magic of Disney Animation post-show area features the two characters and a backdrop with a lightning bolt pattern and the words “Walt Disney Pictures Bolt”. According to Character Cast, Rhino is scheduled to be joining the duo for regular appearances starting November 21, 2008. The Bolt Meet and Greet location has reportedly replaced the Wall-E photo opportunity.

Santa's Coming to (Down)Town

11/6/08 The Walt Disney World resort has announced that Santa Claus will be appearing at his Chalet in the Downtown Disney Marketplace November 15 through December 24, 2008. From November 15th through November 27th he will be appearing for sets between 5 pm and 10 pm. From November 28th through December 24th he will be appearing for sets between Noon and 10 pm. Guests should check with Downtown Disney Guest Services the day of to confirm his schedule for that day.

Mission: Possible

11/6/08 According to Epcot Cast, the official debut of the experience has been delayed till January 2009. Cast have reported that the believed reason for this delay is a current hiring/transfer freeze that has been inacted and is preventing Cast from being hired or transfered to work the attraction by the originally scheduled November 12th date. The current Limited Guest Test period is scheduled to continue till the official debut. Guests interested in participating in the Limited Guest Test, should check at the "headquarters" in Innovnetions or at one of the distribution kiosk around World Showcase to see if the testing is being conducted at that time.

10/27/08 Limited Guest Test Runs of the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure have begun. Based on reports of the Guest and Cast Test Runs, it appears that the operation of the permanent attraction will be quite different than the trial version in 2006. Rather than a continuous adventure, these test runs have been presented as a collection of individual adventures. According to the reports, Guests pick up a Kimunicator at the headquarters in Innoventions or at one of the carts around World Showcase and are placed in a virtual queue. When it is their turn, their Kimunicator becomes active and they are instructed which pavilion to go to. Once the mission in that pavilion is complete, they can end their adventure or request to be placed back into the queue for another adventure at one of the distribution areas. Unlike the test run in 2006 which was continuous, it appears that the permanent version will have Guests participating off and on for as long as they wish. According to Epcot Cast, the interactive experience is scheduled to officially debut November 12, 2008.

A Quite Restoration

11/4/08
    A handful of Walt Disney World Resort Hotel's Quiet Pools are planned to be going under extensive refurbishments in the near future. Construction permits have been filed to resurface the pool interior, install accessible handrails, and install chair-lift anchors for the Alligator Bayou West B and Alligator Bayou South C pools at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort; the Casitas pool at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort; and the Trinidad North and Jamaica pools at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. The three affected resorts each offer additional quite pools beyond the pools that are planned to be refurbished, so Guest inconvenience should be minimal. Dates for these planned refurbishments have yet to be reported.

A Fairyly New Meet & Greet

11/4/08The new Pixie Hollow Meet and Greet at the Magic Kingdom park is introducing two unusual aspects of a Meet and Greet experience –- high degree of interactivity and very long wait times. Unlike other meet and greet locations, three groups/families are allowed in the meet and greet room with the Fairies at one time. During this visit time the Fairies play a short game with the groups/families as a whole, then meet individually with each group/family for a few minutes. This more interactive experience coupled with the novelty and popularity of the Disney Fairies characters is yielding very long wait times. Character Cast have reported that the typical wait time is currently ~90 minutes and wait times have reached as long as 3 hours.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....I want to get a pic with Tink on our next trip, but it's not worth waiting 90 minutes! It's not even worth waiting 45-60 minutes. I don't want to play a game and all that....I just want a picture and leave.

From some sketches I've seen, there are only 3 fairies at any one time (Tink plus two others), so if you want all the fairies, it looks like you would have to get back in another line and hopefully get the other fairies you missed before. Ugh!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Jason!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Jason. I wonder how these wait times for the pixies will effect the itneraction idea.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

90 minutes up to 3 hours?!?!?

Wow, yeah.... I hope there's some rethinking put into the interactive part of this.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

The interactive idea is great-my girls would have loved that and it would add so much to the experience.

It would be fun if they expanded that to other characters.

But it needs to be maybe something like the PS arrangement-call ahead of time and block in 15 minutes per group. That way the kids won't have to stand in line so long and take all the fun out of it. They could have a stand-by line and part of each hour could be held open for anyone that didn't plan ahead and wants to wait.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update!
    I really hope we miss the long wait times if possible. Im keeping my because DBF will never wait in a line that long. But I really really REALLY want a picture with Tinkerbell I really hope I can convince him to wait...Thats all I really want.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Let the Hall of Presidents rumors begin.

Any word on if/when they'll be adding a figure for President Obama to the show?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Up to THREE HOURS for a meet and greet???? You could do two princess meals in that time (and have your belly full at the end)! That's crazy!

I hope they let people know this BEFORE they get in line. I would be a mighty unhappy camper if I stood in line for an hour and then found out my time was only half-done (or worse)!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    Let the Hall of Presidents rumors begin.

Any word on if/when they'll be adding a figure for President Obama to the show?
    I believe that this is part of why HoP just closed for rehab until sometime in June or July (I can't remember which, right off hand.)

See this thread for more information:
    http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=145053

Post Thanks / Like

Jason,
    Once again - thanks for the updates!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I had planned on taking Vivien to meet tinkerbell but not with that wait time! Wow!
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

For those wanting to meet Tink & the other Fairies . . . be at the ToonTown rope drop by9:15 - 9:30. My advice would be to take the train & get off in ToonTown. That rope is actually a shorter distance plus you're already on the side of the entrance.

We heard at a MNSSHP that wait times were at 3-4 hours earlier in the week so I had to plan a bit. I was at the rope drop at 9:30 and waited. They walked everyone to the entrance of the building and then there was a mad dash. Don't take anything but your party and try to stay together. I was about 15th in line (DH & the boys were still sleeping) and had about a 20 minute wait.

And even though I was solo, Tink, Iridessa, and Rosetta all made me feel very welcome, although I did feel a little silly "flying" around with them

It was definately worth it
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Once again, Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: