Quantcast New CSR fan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: New CSR fan

Post Thanks / Like

Default New CSR fan

Ok... Just got back from 6 nights @ CSR and 3 nights @ POR. I have to say I LOVED CSR. We stayed in Cabanas and the resort was beautiful. I did not find the walk to the food court or the main pool a problem at all. The staff were very friendly. We had the best mousekeeper, Mary Ann, who left towel animals and played hide and seek with my kids' toys. We were on the dining plan so the Pepper Market was a great deal for counter service. The themed pool was wonderful. And queen beds....I am in love with this resort.
    Not so enthused about POR. The resort is pretty. We were in Alligator Bayou. The biggest problem was the distance of the parking lot to our building. I don't mind walking but when dragging around a bunch of luggage it can be frustrating. It definitely felt like the walk to the main pool and food court was much longer here.
    We still had a great time and will definitely be staying at CSR again.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that if our request was honored and we stayed in the Cabanas instead of the Ranchos we might have felt differently,but we found it to be to much of a walk for us from the Ranchos to the PepperMarket and we didn't feel like waiting for a bus.We do feel that the CSR has the best pool area and foodcourt in Disney though.I'm glad you liked it!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    I think that if our request was honored and we stayed in the Cabanas instead of the Ranchos we might have felt differently,but we found it to be to much of a walk for us from the Ranchos to the PepperMarket and we didn't feel like waiting for a bus.We do feel that the CSR has the best pool area and foodcourt in Disney though.I'm glad you liked it!
    When we stayed at CSR last year for Thanksgiving they were originally putting us in the Rachos, even though we had requested Cabanas. I very politely, but firmly refused to stay in the Rachos sections. It took all of one minute for them to switch us. I don't think I would have been happy in the Ranchos either, but we loved the Cabanas. You should have voiced your desire to be in a different section.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

buzz2001 Guest

Great review! Thanks for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    When we stayed at CSR last year for Thanksgiving they were originally putting us in the Rachos, even though we had requested Cabanas. I very politely, but firmly refused to stay in the Rachos sections. It took all of one minute for them to switch us. I don't think I would have been happy in the Ranchos either, but we loved the Cabanas. You should have voiced your desire to be in a different section.
    We had the same problem as Pete - requested Casitas but got stuck in Ranchos and were firmly told that there WERE no rooms in any other section. I think we missed out on a much better experience at this resort because of it. We're not in a hurry to stay here again although I'm glad you liked it!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, another one to join to our "love of CSR" group. Thank you for your great review.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Same here..requested Cabanas..got a terrible adjoining room in Ranchos..I will cut and paste my post I added in another thread. I also said when checking in that I did NOT want RANCHOS..and they said there was nothing they could do. If it was not adjoining room I would have been OK but not thrilled.

cut and paste...

We wre there last week and we req 8a or 8b, got Ranchos 7b. Location was OK but it was an adjoining room and you felt like the other family was IN you room. After 2 nights of being awaken several times I requested we move! In additon to the adjoining room..well let me say it is good they are updating the rooms there. The armoire door was just swinging around when open..had to be propped..a hazard with kids in the room. The room was just very beat up. I was not pleased with the room and neither was my husband (and he is NOT one to complain). The first room in Ranchos was really NOT very clean either. The windows were filthy..just disgusting. We were moved to Cabanas 8B - at my request, I asked I be accomodated due to the inconvenience of having to move. The second room was not adjoining and was fine. Cleaner but still PRETTY beat up!!!!

Having said that..and knowing that by next time when we go the room will be remodeled..I would probably stay there again. The pepper mkt was nice, not at all confusing. The ground were nice. I liekd CBR too, it would be a toss up..but Dh absolutely preferred CSR.

I may write a letter about the condition and lack of cleanliness of the room ...but I will probably skip it and who would I write it too?

If I knew how nice the casita room were Iw oudl have requested a new room..and just had a longer walk to the pool and el centro.
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sassy2000 View Post
    Ok... Just got back from 6 nights @ CSR and 3 nights @ POR. I have to say I LOVED CSR. We stayed in Cabanas and the resort was beautiful. I did not find the walk to the food court or the main pool a problem at all. The staff were very friendly. We had the best mousekeeper, Mary Ann, who left towel animals and played hide and seek with my kids' toys. We were on the dining plan so the Pepper Market was a great deal for counter service. The themed pool was wonderful. And queen beds....I am in love with this resort.
    Not so enthused about POR. The resort is pretty. We were in Alligator Bayou. The biggest problem was the distance of the parking lot to our building. I don't mind walking but when dragging around a bunch of luggage it can be frustrating. It definitely felt like the walk to the main pool and food court was much longer here.
    We still had a great time and will definitely be staying at CSR again.
    Thanks for this post. I've always wanted to try CSR but have never been able to pull the trigger. I may have to start working on Mrs Dorkface!

lilolvr Guest

Glad you enjoyed your stay!! CSR is our favorite resort too!!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved CSR too and sounds like we're in the minority because we really like Ranchos!

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

nikki'smom Guest

Welcome back! Thanks for posting!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with kathiep. dh and i have stayed twice the first time in ranchos and the last in casitas and I really like ranchos better. The walk never bothered me, normally my feet hurt by the end of the day, but i actually liked walking around csr. The first time we stayed was 2002 so it was a much slower time then 06 when we stayed in casitas. it seemed like casitas was busier and noisier. again might have been the year or that nobody wants ranchos and casitas has a lot of the convention people but i just liked ranchos better. We're going down in Feb with mil, fil, sil, and nieces and were just talking about which area to request. does anyone know (i'm sure you will buzz) which sections the handicap room are in?

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed staying there! I would certainly do so again (after I get to stay at CBR). I stayed in the Casitas. It was a nice area. A long walk though, but at least it wasn't the Ranchos. They looked kinda okay, from the outside, but far, far away from, well....everything.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read you liked CSR. It is our favorite resort also. Just got back from a Thanksgiving trip and it was great as usual.

Thanks for your report.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: