Quantcast Our Trip part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Our Trip part 3

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Our Trip part 3

So today was all free to do whatever else we wanted to repeat and some new stuff. Off we went to MK in hopes of meeting Tinkerbell. We got there as they were singing by the train and off we went to Toontown. The area opens at 10, it was 9:15 and the rope was across so we went to get a snack and voila, Ariel was in the Grotto! We waited 45 minutes last time we went and could not believe that we walked right in. Seeing my DD with her again was a definite highlight.

So we ate some snacks and headed back over to Toontown. There were people at the rope already. A CM came and opened it up early and guided us in so no one got trampled. I had read that the right hand side was for the fairies so we got right into that. Truly, only about a 15 minute wait and then my dream came true, I met Tink. It was almost as exciting for me as when I met Donald......

The fairies were great, the attention to detail was great and we loved it.

We toured Minnie's house next (which I had never done) and it was kind of neat. Very busy with a lot of little ones for sure!

We went to see the Monster's Ink Laugh Floor, another attraction we had not seen as they were building it the last time we went. How hilarious! Love Roz!

Then we decided to eat lunch at the All Star Sports Resort. We had never been there and wanted to see what it was like. We ate there, had a good meal, and went walking around the resort to see what it was like. It rained for about 10 minutes and then it was all clear. It was interesting to see the older resorts.

We headed to AK next. Upon getting through the line we saw characters and off we went. Timon, Meeko, Rafiki, Flik, Baloo Bear and Brer Bear were there. They were all so great!

Of course we hit the safari again. It is so different every time. We went to Rafiki's planet watch and met Pocohantas. DD loved this part of AK.

We had an early ADR at Boma. I had the flu the last time we were down there on the day slated for Boma so this was my first time at AKL and Boma. OMG I love it there. The food was great, service was great, atmosphere was heavenly. I loved it.

Then we headed to DD to shop around, again, and found Captain Jack made out of Mega Bloks and it was awesome!

We at one point during these few days went to the Boardwalk, Swan and Old Key West. Our goal was to just take the time to visit other resorts in case we cannot rent points at some point. I really liked Pop Century. The store there was awesome. It is very loud though!

Thursday was our last day there. It was a free day and I honestly don't remember what we did other than Tom Sawyer at MK and shopping. Our last meal there was in Mexico at San Angel. The food was great, service was slow and I would definitely eat there again.

Friday morning at 5:30 we headed for the aiport. All flights went as planned and we were back in Maine by 1:18 with my mom and dad waiting to hear all that I just typed.

Experience learned from this trip: don't make any AM ADR's because we function better at night that in the AM (and this time we didn't have any AM ADR's), see at least one parade, don't miss Illuminations, don't spare more than 1 whole day for MGM, do the dining plan, it does save money and most of all, do what you want when you want and be a kid!!!!!!

flickr.com (dickinsons94)
    HJD
    DL 1992
    DW SSR 2006
    DW SSR 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You have some really nice photos. The night time castle shots are beautiful.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Sounds like visiting the other resorts was fun! Thanks
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. I definately will have to look at your photos. Thanks for sharing.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

LOL HJD!

You didn't tell me you went to Tom Sawyers Island.
    Did you guys enjoy the barrel bridge? How about the caves?

I am glad you guys stepped out a little and took in some of the things you missed before. Such as Illuminations........
    Truly though, glad you guys slowed down a bit and enjoyed all that Disney has to offer.
    Liz
    2002 ASM * 2003 CR/BCV * 2004 OKW * 2004 SSR & POR * 2005 HHI * 2006 VWL * 2006 SSR * 2007 OKW & POP * 2007 OKW * 2008 BCV/VERO/SSR * 2008 SOG !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Bridge

The barrel bridge was.....interesting. I could barely get across it without popping my back out and praying the last boat wouldn't leave us there!!!!! The caves were ok, after visiting you and seeing the real deal at Mammoth it is kind of hard to see anything as magnificent.
    HJD
    DL 1992
    DW SSR 2006
    DW SSR 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly had lots of fun! Stepping back and taking time to do some of the non-traditional things sometimes provides the best memories!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]