Quantcast Video Cameras on Rides/Shows

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video Cameras on Rides/Shows

I'm looking to get a good video camera and getting everything on film for our upcoming trip. I think you can't film most of the shows, correct? And what's the video camera policy for the rides?
    Richard

March/1976 - Offsite
    January/1989 - Offsite
    September/1999 - ASMovies (Honeymoon)
    January/2002 - ASMusic
    September/2004 - Pop Century
    February/2006 - Disneyland
    March/2007 - Univeral Studio
    March/2008 - Pop Century
    Feb 26th - Mar 9th/2009 - Pop Century (Big 40!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For consideration of your fellow travelers, and according to the rules, don't use lighting or the video screen viewer when you tape.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You'll find a previous discussion regarding the use of video cameras on a previous thread

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=144376.

You are permitted to record anything unless there is a specific announcement to the contary.

However, please be considerate to other guests/performers and minimise or even better avoid flash and/or external video lighting.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

well maybe i take this post a little to the heart because i do try and tape as much as possible , and i do follow all of the rules as far as taping is concerned, i like to capture my vacation, not only as a keep sake, but as a retrospective of my trips, to sit back with my family and to pull out a set of tapes from let's say 95 is very precious to me , to see how young my daughter was and how different WDW was then to now.
    as far as being considerate with the LCD screen, i'm sorry but there are allot of other in-considerate things that people do that me and dw just shake our heads too, here are a few examples:
    1. smelling
    2. using cell phones to the point where people are texting as they are walking and bumping in to people and using the phones during a show
    3. taking flash photography when they are told constantly not too.
    4. trying to take over your spot as you are waiting for a parade to start, and not even being frank about it, they just squeeze in and couldn't care less.

sorry to be ranting but me and dw have been going to the world for quite sometime now, and we try to be as considerate to the other guests that are around us i will even stand in the back of whatever show that i am taping as to not annoy anybody. i also know that i am going to get allot of flack for this post but hey this is (IMHO). last but not least i have never heard a cm say don't use the LCD screen, and if they did i wouldn't use it.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't advertise the fact that you're going to videotape the ride or show before you do it but be discret and make sure there is no bright light or flash being used to distract the other people enjoying the show or attraction.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I have numerous videos of attractions. I, too, like to look back on older film when our DD was younger. I go out of my way not to be obtrusive or uncourteous when I video, and have not had any complaints to date. I agree that there are alot of things WAY more out of line than my mostly unnoticed filming. I used to vidoe on tape, but have since upgraded to a mini-dvd camcorder that also does still photos. So now I only carry 1 camera w/me for both. The pics are great and I can simply put the disc in my dvd player and watch my vaca! LOVE IT!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

There's not much worse than sitting behind someone using their LCD screen. It ruins the whole ride for people behind you. If you've taken pains to be discreet and be seated in the last seat possible, then good for you-- but there's still a boat or car behind you on many rides who are affected by it. If not, go for it. Excellent for you.

I've heard CMs specifically say that LCD screen taping is not allowed along with flash photography. It really is offensive to others near you to have their ride experience diminished by your screen constantly drawing the eye.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Pls be curtious, it could be someones first ride, why ruin it for them
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Videographers

Yes, there have been previous threads about this.

Courteous video tapers are swell... and the exception.

What still aggravates me and happens all too often is we arrive at a parade route early, stake out a good place then just before the parade passes, here comes the guy who has to document every minute of his vacation and because he's got a camera he thinks he can go stand in the street and when a CM urges him back to curb he backs into me or one of my kids. Now he's in the front but oblivious to everyone or everything else. He's making Gone with the Wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    There's not much worse than sitting behind someone using their LCD screen. It ruins the whole ride for people behind you. If you've taken pains to be discreet and be seated in the last seat possible, then good for you-- but there's still a boat or car behind you on many rides who are affected by it. If not, go for it. Excellent for you.

I've heard CMs specifically say that LCD screen taping is not allowed along with flash photography. It really is offensive to others near you to have their ride experience diminished by your screen constantly drawing the eye.
    I couldn't agree more. The first time we road POTC after its refurb we were seated at the rear of the boat and there were 4 videographers without their flashes on but with their LCD screens open and transmitting in front of us. Talk about a buzz kill.

Go ahead and tape to bring your memories of WDW home with you. But please make sure that when you are making memories, you are not wreaking someone else's "in the moment" enjoyment. Close your LCD.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

man oh man if this is what bothers you i would really hate to do something that might really really bother you

when me and dw are in the happiest place on earth nothing else matters.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmarian View Post
    Go ahead and tape to bring your memories of WDW home with you. But please make sure that when you are making memories, you are not wreaking someone else's "in the moment" enjoyment. Close your LCD.
    note to self "i'll try to remember that on our upcoming trip"

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    man oh man if this is what bothers you i would really hate to do something that might really really bother you

when me and dw are in the happiest place on earth nothing else matters.

Victor
    You said things bothered you, too, Victor. And considering you had to point them out, it looks as if a) they do matter to you and b) you might know you're being rude but want to justify it by saying other people do things you find worse. We all have our annoyances. Being behind someone taping with an LCD screen just happens to be mine. But I'm tolerant and shrug it off as the user being ignorant and not knowing better. Although, ask a CM, it is actually something they ask you not to do on dark rides, for reasons I've stated (compromising the ride experience of other guests). Will they ask you to stop? Probably not, because CMs are trained to be tolerant, too. Does it make it any more right or less rude? No.

But as you've stated, you always make sure you're in the last seat and not bothering anyone behind you, so no need to be defensive. You're obviously one of the good guys. If only everyone who tapes would be so considerate.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

But as you've stated, you always make sure you're in the last seat and not bothering anyone behind you, so no need to be defensive. You're obviously one of the good guys. If only everyone who tapes would be so considerate.
    i guess everyone has their own views and just so you know i don't tape on dark rides, because in the first place it doesn't come out well and i don't want to ruin anyone else's moment , i do tape pretty much all the parades and shows like Fantasmic, Beauty+Beast, and i make sure that i am in the back as not to annoy anyone , sorry if i may have been a little defensive

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    i guess everyone has their own views and just so you know i don't tape on dark rides, because in the first place it doesn't come out well and i don't want to ruin anyone else's moment , i do tape pretty much all the parades and shows like Fantasmic, Beauty+Beast, and i make sure that i am in the back as not to annoy anyone , sorry if i may have been a little defensive

Victor
    Your footage is obviously important to you. I completely understand. I usually only bring my digital camera and don't photograph on rides, but I bet you have some incredible scenes. I wish I'd had a camera on our last Kilimanjaro Safari. Happy filming!
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: