Quantcast December in Disney

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question December in Disney

We will be in Disney the 1st week of December. Almost 10 years ago I went to WDW for the 1st time. There were things I know about now that I had no idea existed at that time and missed out on. Even planning for this trip we learned about the Candlelight Processional and Osbourne Lights.... Are there any "must see", "must do" things that yall can reccommend? Any little known facts or little details that Disney does that we can look out for? We are going to the Christmas Party and are very excited about that. Any other suggestions would be great!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually going in Decemer with a wonderful friend of mine (who I met through INTERCOT) One of the things that we are doing is one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time. We're going to the different resorts to look at all of the decorations. The best resort is Grand Floridian, they have a HUGE gingerbread house. I'm pretty sure one of the other deluxe resorts have a gingerbread carousel ( I think it's Beach Club or Yacht Club, we're actually staying at Beach Club) It's just so much fun to see all of the work they do to spread holiday cheer! Photos of all the decorations make a good addition to the scrapbook! They even have a huge gingerbread house at American Adventure in EPCOT and a little plaque telling how many pounds of butter, sugar etc. go into it. Have a magical trip!
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Father Christmas

Do you have children? If so, they may enjoy listening to Father Christmas (in his various roles) at each country around WS (EPCOT). I hope they'll do this again this year! At set times, Father Christmas (dressed from that country) tells a story to the children (once again, usually from that country). Easy to miss, but delightful for certain ages.

If you have spare time, visit some of the resorts and check out the Christmas decorations- I suggest AKL and WL as two good places to visit. Also, one year, the WL had evening activites in the lobby- a bell choir, choral group, etc. I don't know if there's a schedule of the groups?

Post Thanks / Like

Candlelight Processional-Epcot
    Holiday Storytelling around the world showcase-Epcot
    Osbourne Spectacle of Lights-HS
    Jingle Jangle Parade-AK
    Resort Decorations
    Festival of the Masters?-Downtown Disney
    The Christmas tree decorating at Epcot and Christmas story telling at Magic Kingdom
    The Christmas Parade at Magic Kingdom

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year for the first week of December and are lucky enough to be going back again this December. After many many trips to Disney through the years this time of year is with out a doubt my favorite. Make sure you see the Osborne Lights at DHS. They are on the streets of America and get turned on at dusk. (6pm I think) It will be "snowing" and the lights dance every 15 minutes. I agree with PP about checking out the different resorts. All of the deluxe hotels have awesome decorations but the GF is the best. Hope you have a great trip!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We also love to go to the Wilderness Lodge. They have a huge tree in the lobby and often are telling Christmas stories or have local choirs singing Christmas Songs in front of it.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: