Quantcast The Disney Visa Card

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Disney Visa Card

Is the Disney Visa card worth getting? What is the awards program? Do you earn Disney Dollars to use in the parks? Is the interest rate high?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a good deal, but I do think their interest rate after the promo period is high (11.9%).We have earned $250 for our trip this year simply by buying things we normally would. I started using it for things I would normally pay cash for (groceries, gas, etc) So instead of writing a check, at the end of the week I sign on to Chase and pay the bill. This way, I am earning reward dollars and not paying interest.

You can use the rewards in the parks. Also, they can be used at Disney Shopping Online.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 10-18-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: addition
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The rewards can definitely be great, but if you're going to carry a balance on it that will likely more than offset any rewards you might earn.

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy having the card. It is a bit of Disney everyday and I get a lot of comments about have cute it is. (I use to have the red pixie dust card but switched to the blus/yellow castle for the 50th celebration.) I use it for items I would normally pay cash for like a PP said. I don't carry a balance on it but pay it in full each month. I like using the rewards in the parks for gifts for friends and myself.

Post Thanks / Like

It 's wonderful. We've had the card since Day One - (got a pin to commemorat it), and over the six years we've had it, Chase has paid us over $1700 in bonus, and we've NEVER paid a penny's interest.

BTW, people like us that use the card without paying interest, are referred to as DEADBEATS by the CC companies. I don't give a darn.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Default another deadbeat LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Michetti View Post
    BTW, people like us that use the card without paying interest, are referred to as DEADBEATS by the CC companies. I don't give a darn.
    We must also be deadbeats! We use the WDW Visa for everything- but always pay it off completely each month. If you need to know if the interest rate is high- YES! Every credit card has a high interest rate (unless your rate is 0%). Anything over 0% is not worth having a credit card- you'll lose more money than you'd ever gain in WDW cash rewards.

Post Thanks / Like

I use our card for absolutly everything I can within reason. I saved as long as I could and went in Aug with 400 points saved. We actually didn't use them all either so I brought them home with me to use later, before they exprie. I wish I could put my house payment on my card each month, I would do that also but I can't, so Christmas will have to do. I've carried a balance lately, but not large. Only because I'd been without a job for several years while at school. But I still used it for phone bills, satellite bills, etc., things that I would pay each month and unexpected or more expensive things like tuition, books, and board exam cost on my card. Oh well though, especially since it's almost paid now. I'll keep using it though. It's the only one I use actually.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

You get 1% on everything you charge on it up to $750 per year. You have 60 months (5 years) to transfer the reward dollars to a rewards card before they expire. If you pay the card off each month, it's worth it (if you don't, you're going to end up paying more in interest than what you've earned in rewards.)

You transfer your reward dollars to a rewards card which you can use almost everywhere in the parks. The reward card expires on 12/31 of the year following the year it is issued. You'll lose any unused reward dollars on the card when it expires, so you need to make sure you use up the reward dollars you've transferred to the reward card before it expires.

We use it for everything we can, which helps to maximize our reward dollars and reduce the number of bills we need to send payment out for each month. We pay it off in full each month so we don't get hit with interest charges. We have about $550 in reward dollars right now; I'm hoping we have enough by our next trip to pay for our hotel.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We too utilize our Disney Visa to its fullest to receive reward dollars for our annual vacations. Obviously if you charge minimally each month, the reward dollars earned will also be minimal. However, we charge everything from fuel to groceries to car insurance, YMCA membership and most everything in between. We usually end up with about $375 each year in "free money" once we redeem our points for reward dollars.

As many others have said, this is not a card you want to carry a balance on, as it would negate any earnings you might make. In looking at my October statement, APR is 11.9% on purchases. Definitely a card worth carrying in our family!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I figure ANY credit card that offers some rewards is worth having provided you pay it off each month.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: