Quantcast Brew Crew makes playoffs for first time in 26 years! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all I would like to congratulate the Brewers and their fans. As a philadelphia fan, I know how tough losing can be! But you showed great heart in battling to get to the playoffs. I thought it was classy how the fans stayed to cheer for their team afterward,and hung in until the very end.

Secondly GO PHILS!!!!!!!! I'll be screaming my head off at NLCS game 1 and game 5 (oops, I mean game 6.. forgot that they'll go 2-3-2) if necessary. Ian... you're a mod... perhaps we could merge this thread into an overall "MLB playoff" thread so we can continue our conversations and don't have different threads for each series? Just an idea.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well right now I only see this thread ... am I missing one?

I'm looking for tickets for Game 1 right now. Gotta try and find some that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Anyone know what time the game starts?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well right now I only see this thread ... am I missing one?

I'm looking for tickets for Game 1 right now. Gotta try and find some that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Anyone know what time the game starts?
    Well, I don't want to continue talking about the Phillies in a Brew Crew thread! There is also the thread about the Chicago teams. I guess we could start a new thread, just thought it might be nice to have an overall playoff thread. Haven't heard anything about the time yet, but I'd imagine it would be a night game (7 or 8) since the NL and AL series are scheduled on opposing nights and all games are on FOX.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We should probably just move this conversation back to the Phillies thread ... there doesn't seem to be much MLB playoff talk outside of the Phils' fans.

You're right, it probably will be a night game, which is a bummer because I can't make it late.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    CC doesn't do well in the playoffs. In 5 games, he is 1-2 with an ERA close to 8.

The Phillies are the better team.
    Phillies pitching is what won the series for them, not the lack of bats for the Brewers.
    I can only agree to a small degree. The Brewers who were one of the best batting teams in the majors through August finished on a skid. In September they had the most stranded runners in the majors and the lowest team batting average. They faced many pitchers who had ERA's in the 5+ range that shut them down. In game 2 (I can't remember the Phillies pitchers name) the Crew had bases loaded in the first and Hart (who has struggled more than any other Brewer) grounded in a DP. They had a chance and didn't capatilize. I can't believe that every pitcher the Brewers faced since the beginning of September had a great game. I've been saying since early this summer that this teams reliance on hot bats and the long ball would come back and bite them later in the year. Yost didn't believe nor did he coach a lot of small ball. When the Cres was hot they scored like a well oiled machine but when the bats were cold the team had no idea how to manufacture a run to save their life. Not a good thing when you play better teams and face good pitching. If you look at the Brewers since the all star break they whipped up on weak teams but lost almost every series against the better teams of the league.

As a Brewer fan it's hard to be disappointed in a team that finished the regular season with 90 wins and made the playoffs in 26 years and I'm not. Hopefully the young player on the team can grow from this and management can find a skipper who has a little more belief in fundamental ball. It was a memorable year and the first time in a long time that the Brewers were relevant in September.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with JeffG...the Crew went in the tank in September. If you would have told me JJ Hardy would be the leading hitter in the playoffs, I would have laughed at you considering all of the hitters in the lineup from April-August. In addition, who would have thought Dave Bush would be the lone pitcher to win a game...granted Rickie Weak(s) infielder and Bill Hall almost single handedly cost the Crew a game. It is nice to see the curse continue at Miller Park south.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm going to have to disagree. I think (and almost every MLB analyst I've read thus far has agreed with me) that the Phils' pitchers were just lights out.

The Brewers may have had cold bats to exacerbate the problem, but Hamels, Myers, and Blanton were all outstanding on the mound.

And look ... the Dodgers aren't have any trouble manufacturing runs. We'll see how they do against the same lineup.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Spoken like a true Phillies fan...and I would have expected nothing less. but, the one game the Brewers were patient at the plate, they scored runs. It's not like the Phils were hitting the s* out of the ball either. Outside of yesterday, the games were very close. The actual era of the Crew was very low. They just couldn't hit (or field). Way too many strikeouts. And, we did last one more game than the Cubs!!
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1999, 2002 sports

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I'm not trying to take away from the Phillies pitchers. The stats they put up were great but....

the Brewers were cold. They didn't hit in September regardless of how good or bad the pitcher was and it carried over into this series. There is no way I'm going to buy into it was all the Phillies pitchers. Confidence and patience at the plate was missing from the Brewers and in turn that helped the Phillies pitchers. They left runners on often and didn't make timely hits, the Brewers continued to be awful at the plate.

That said I'm not trying to take away from the Phillies and their accomplishment. I can still give them credit for winning the series. They were the better team and deserved to move on. They took advantage of the Brewers mistakes and won games when their meat of the order struggled. They made timely hits while the Brewers didn't. The pitchers did get the outs when they were needed. In the end the Phillies had scoreboard.

Hopefully the Brewers can build on this like the Phillies did from their play off appearance last year and turn it into a positive.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Spoken like a true Phillies fan...and I would have expected nothing less.
    You know, what the heck is that? Did you completely skip over the post where I gave your team and fans props? What makes you the expert on who is a "true Phillies fan" and what that would even entail? All analysis said that pitching was the story of the series, on both sides. When it comes down to it, it's basically an argument akin to glass half empty or half full. Was it hot pitchers or cold bats? I guess it just depends on the way you look at it. Some wold say a hot pitcher turns bats cold, others would say cold bats make pitchers look hot. But your snide comment was uncalled for.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Spoken like a true Phillies fan...and I would have expected nothing less. but, the one game the Brewers were patient at the plate, they scored runs.
    Spoken like a true Brewers fan ...

We'll just agree to disagree. It's not really that big a deal and truth be told it's tough to know who's right for certain. As Maryanne said, it's like chicken or the egg.

Anyway, I didn't intend to slight the Brewers. They played well and obviously have a talented team. I agree to an extent that if a few plays turn out different it's an entirely different series.

Hopefully we'll meet again next year in the playoffs and have a rematch!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ian,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that as a compliment. Good luck the rest of the way!

Mike.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1999, 2002 sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. I think (and almost every MLB analyst I've read thus far has agreed with me) that the Phils' pitchers were just lights out.

The Brewers may have had cold bats to exacerbate the problem, but Hamels, Myers, and Blanton were all outstanding on the mound.

And look ... the Dodgers aren't have any trouble manufacturing runs. We'll see how they do against the same lineup.
    I agree.

And I am not a Phillies fan.
    South Jersey Red Sox fan

I predicted Dodgers vs Rays in the WS before the playoffs started.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You know, what the heck is that? Did you completely skip over the post where I gave your team and fans props? What makes you the expert on who is a "true Phillies fan" and what that would even entail? All analysis said that pitching was the story of the series, on both sides. When it comes down to it, it's basically an argument akin to glass half empty or half full. Was it hot pitchers or cold bats? I guess it just depends on the way you look at it. Some wold say a hot pitcher turns bats cold, others would say cold bats make pitchers look hot. But your snide comment was uncalled for.
    Typical angry Philadelphia sports fan.
    Just kidding.

I grew up in a Philly suburb, and root for the Eagles, Flyers and Penn State football. Not a basketball fan.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Typical angry Philadelphia sports fan.
    Just kidding.

I grew up in a Philly suburb, and root for the Eagles, Flyers and Penn State football. Not a basketball fan.
    Lol, I think people who've been around this board have come to find that I can sometimes be sensitive to the negative light that is shown on Philadelphia fans and only Philly fans. It just seems to me that people make automatic assumptions about us which is unfair. So Missy_Mouses_Dad if you truely meant what you said as a compliment I'm sorry I misinterpreted it. My radar is just very quick to go off sometimes!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

No problem...I could never rip on the Phils. Mike Schmidt is my all time favorite ball player. Just finish the job.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1999, 2002 sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: