Quantcast Another "You Know You're a Disney Addict" Moment...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Another "You Know You're a Disney Addict" Moment...

Today I was on the phone with Dell customer service (enough of an ordeal to warrant a vacation) and when they put me on hold the song playing was "Behind the Waterfall" by David Lanz.

Now that would mean nothing to any regular person but to me it was instantly identifiable as the background music used outside "The Wonders of Life" at Epcot!

If you're a regular listener to the "Live365" type Disney radio channels (or just a Disney music nut) this would have been recognizable to you too.

Just another classic moment when I know I'm WAY too obsessed with Walt Disney World.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, awesome!!! I love live365...in fact we went to an ancient indian site here in Illinois and they mentioned a connection to ancient Azteks in Mexico and of course my DW and I started humming El Rio music!!! ha
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

You also know you're addicted to WDW when you're sitting at a red light in your car during rush hour traffic and the letters on the license plate in front of you says BTM at you think to yourself, "HEY! Big Thunder Mountain!"

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I work with special needs students and was asked to paint a room where our kids can just chill out. Big pillows, books and a mural with a meadow theme. I am not an artist but I did it just the same. If you look at the very bottem near the doorway you will see it - a hidden Mickey. Had to do it! I am a Disney addict.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at one of the local malls the other weekend and as I was crossing to the store I had to wait for a car to pass... the license plate on the car was DSNYXPRT. Didn't even have to blink to get that one!!

The surprise to me was that the plate was from NY state and I was in my hometown - York, PA! He/she came a long way just to go shopping!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    Now that would mean nothing to any regular person but to me it was instantly identifiable as the background music used outside "The Wonders of Life" at Epcot!

If you're a regular listener to the "Live365" type Disney radio channels (or just a Disney music nut) this would have been recognizable to you too.

Just another classic moment when I know I'm WAY too obsessed with Walt Disney World.
    There is no shame being a WDW adict!
    BTW, "Behind the Waterfall" by David Lanz & Paul Speer from the Natural States LP was originally used in TomorrowLand - it's my all time favorite piece of WDW area music!

I know that I am a WDW addict as I have almost 82 hours of Disney music! I could rock out for 3.5 days - straight!

Another sign that I am an addict is that when I am out placing door hangers for my business (and bored out of my skull), I occupy my mind by envisioning the MK and naming off all of the attractions in order as I would walk around different parts of the park! I am sooo pathetic - but I LOVE IT!
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    Today I was on the phone with Dell customer service (enough of an ordeal to warrant a vacation)
    Hahaha I'm sorry to hear that

I couldn't stay away from my Facebook because I just had to keep adding Disney flair!!! I guess I'm just addicted to WDW...

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Facebook, my DH, DSis and I constantly send Disney Flair. I found many of my classmates are Disney addicts too!

You know you are a Disney addict when . . . all you think about is Disney. Not one day goes by when I don't mention something Disney - character, attraction, smell!!!!!! Like I'd rather be riding E:E then writing this post!

42 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I were on a non-Disney cruise last year and during dinner one night I heard one of the background music songs from outside the Land. Don't know they name of it, but both DH and I recognized it from listening to Live365!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I realized looonnng ago, I was a Disney addict, when DH and I went to WDW on our honeymoon,(29 yrs ago), and on our 10th annniversary, and our 25th anniversary, and numerous times in between, and will be there in 09 for our 30th anniversary. But the real kicker is being 40...something w/an IPod that has Disney songs on it! Now that's a true addict (as well as totally embarassing to our DD)
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I was at one of the local malls the other weekend and as I was crossing to the store I had to wait for a car to pass... the license plate on the car was DSNYXPRT. Didn't even have to blink to get that one!!
    I got that right away too, that's too funny! Everytime I see a personalized Disney license plate or even some Disney cling-ons on the back of a car it brightens my day.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

They say the first things about being an addict is to admit you have a problem. Well I do not have a Disney problem, I have Disney expertise. Any thing disney is what I am all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMartellFamily View Post
    They say the first things about being an addict is to admit you have a problem. Well I do not have a Disney problem, I have Disney expertise. Any thing disney is what I am all about.
    Exactly!

Anyway, the server room at my company is glassed-in, and every time I walk by it I think of the server room scene in SSE. I also find hidden Mickeys everywhere, and DH just . It's always so funny to see other people's reactions to my Disney-craziness! I know they just can't understand.

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I still laugh about this one:
    After returning from a WDW trip-and depressed that we were home- I was cleaning my stove top and saw a stain that looked like a Mickey icon - I cleaned around it and left it there for about 2 weeks...
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I still laugh about this one:
    After returning from a WDW trip-and depressed that we were home- I was cleaning my stove top and saw a stain that looked like a Mickey icon - I cleaned around it and left it there for about 2 weeks...
    That's too funny. I once woke up one morning and noticed that I had a bruse on my arm in the shap of Mickey Mouse. I have no idea how I got it but I was so excited I showed it to everyone! I even tried to take a picture of it but it wouldn't come out.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I take public transportation to work and have a 5-minute walk from the main gate to my office building. I pass several parking areas. The license plate on one of the cars begins with "GMR", so I immediately think of the Great Movie Ride.

In the evening, I wait for the bus across the street from a department store. The large windows have "hidden Mickeys" at the top.

Our computers in work have CD players, so I listen to Disney music whenever I'm stressed out (which is almost daily). The music reminds me that there is life after work.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

You know your a disney addict when you start to find Hidden Mickey's around the house, including the designs on a tissue box, or how the cat food bowls are lined up!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

how about when you use some of the shampoo the kids brought home from the hotel because the smell makes you think of being at the beach club

1974 & '75 - offsite
    every other year as a child all at contemporary
    1995 - wilderness lodge
    1999 - yacht club
    2005 - beach club
    2007 - beach club villas

2012 - beach club villas!
    2013- Beach club - marathon weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    Another sign that I am an addict is that when I am out placing door hangers for my business (and bored out of my skull), I occupy my mind by envisioning the MK and naming off all of the attractions in order as I would walk around different parts of the park! I am sooo pathetic - but I LOVE IT!

My dad and I do that all the time!! I do it at school even when theres nothing much going on and I space out... we also name the countries of the WS in order forwards and backwards

Another Disney Addict moment... while everyone else is listening to their Rap music when we have breaks in Computer class... and when we just have to type something...... I have live 365 up and tune in and pretend im in disney...

or ill draw little mickeys on my school papers hehe
    Trip count 55 =]

Dead men tell no tales

"Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream." - Ellen, Universe of Energy

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

Post Thanks / Like

I know I am a big Disney addict because everytime I go out of my front door I have at least 5 Disney associated things on me or with me.
    Disneyland 1969-1988
    ASM 2000
    ASM 2002
    ASM 2003
    ASM 2004
    Pop 2004 (50's)
    Pop Oct.2006(70's)
    Pop May 2007(50's)
    Pop Dec.2007(60's)
    Pop Oct.2008
    PORS May 2010
    Wilderness Lodge 2013