Quantcast Any good reviews of The Wave?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any good reviews of The Wave?

I have reservations for The Wave coming up. Made them at a time where the rest just opened and was hoping for the best. Now, I've read some not good reviews on the Wave and the menu doesn't look that great.
    It may be too late to find something else, but I was thinking somewhere along the Boardwalk, maybe Spoodles or even Flying Fish (although traveling with two small boys, I wasn't sure they would be in the mood to "dress up" for dinner).
    Any thoughts on The Wave? Whether I should try some place else?

Thanks!!

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, my brother and SIL ate there last week and enjoyed it. I haven't had a chance to get any more details...

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I read enough really good reviews that I changed an ADR from Park Fare to the Wave for our upcoming Dec. trip.

We have eaten at Park Fare, but not too keen on the recent buffet changes and was up for something new.

We have also eaten at Spoodles in the past and really liked it.
    We try and eat at new places with a few old faves each trip and Spoodles did not make the old favs rotation on our next trip, but you will enjoy it. Just check the menu first for items your family enjoys.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

i am curious as well - we will be there in Oct and have ressies there prior to MNSSHP because it is close to the MK. I have heard that the seafood is good - so I am hoping it will go well - good luck
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

I ate there Sunday evening and loved it. Everything from food, atmosphere and service was excellent. We ordered: navy bean soup, citrus avocado salad, braised chicken pot pie, seasonal vegetable stew with multigrain rice and the steak with chimichurri guacamole. It was all very very good. Dessert is cool too if you want to try different things, the portions are small but you can get 3 items. I would give it a try........you just might enjoy it as much as we did!!!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at the Wave, just a few weeks ago. We weren't overly thrilled, but it wasn't totally terrible. However, we won't be returning.

I had the chicken pie....It was a whole piece of chicken, with peas, carrots and gravy under a thyme pastry top. It wasn't that flavorful. Kind of bland, if you will.

The remaining adults at our table had the beef tenderloin. Nothing spectacular, it filled the void in their bellies.

The desserts were rather odd. They are listed as flavors and each section gives you three mini desserts. They were ok, but not really that great.

The atmosphere, okay. We were a party of 5. We were seated at a table that would fit 8 or so and we couldn't hear each other across the table.

Just because we didn't like it, doesn't mean you won't. Give it a try. You'll never know unless you do!

Have a great time.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

haven't been there yet, but read some not so good reviews on the Wave. I also saw pictures of the food they have there, and it just doesn't look appetizing to us...reminds me of rabbit food. I don't think we will choose to eat there on our upcoming trip. But previous posters say they really liked it, so go with what you want to do. Everyone will have diff opinions.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently dined at the Wave and really enjoyed it. I thought the atmosphere was great. It is lit just perfectly and I thought the acoustics made it much quieter than many other restaurants I've been to at WDW.

The menu offered different selections which I found a nice change from the typical fare, such as multi grain rice and bulgur wheat lentil stew. My appetizer and entree were delicious. I didn't eat dessert, but my mom had a trio and I enjoyed the presentation and ability to try three different desserts.

The service was fantastic and I would definitely go back again.

My philosophy about Disney restaurants is that for every restaurant there are going to be people that love it, hate it, and are everywhere in between. The only way you'll know is if you check it out for yourself
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

We ate here 3 weeks ago and this is the one and only restaurant on Disney property that we will not return to. The food was weird, the desserts strange, everything was just off. And we are not picky, we usually really like everything. The service was sooooooo sloooooow, that it took over 3 hours for a simple table service meal for our family of 5. This is a no go for us from now on.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: